What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

COAS Asim Munir is the brain behind the Phulwama attack.

More such goodies are on the way now.
Total BS. It was obvious False Flag. Reporting post.

He should be anti-IK if IK's family is involved in corruption. Would you not want that to be the case? Is IK immune to misdeeds and corruption?

You want someone who is principled and willing to call a spade a spade. Ji-hazoori and yes-sir culture has brought us to this point, whether on the civilian or military side.
Don’t want yes men but we need to have introspection. There is tonnnes and tonnes of corruption in our army for Munir to focus on and even DHAfication of everything

I want to give Gen Munir a good shot and a clean slate but unfortunately there is no clean slate. We have a patriot journalist killed in Kenya under mysterious circumstances. A journalist close to the heart of Pakistanis and real patriot who was hounded out of our country and UAE. Like deaths of Pak patriots, His death elicited minimal if any reaction from HRW, Nytimes or other journalistic community in West. Really only ones who seem to care is Kenyan journalist and not even our journalists. If it was not ISI who did this, it would make sense to be involved in finding out who killed our Arshad. This killing is nothing like Saleem Shehzad who was known RAW hand and can’t be treated the same. If it was ISI and it was infact orders from Bajwa then Bajwa needs to hang for this murder of someone who loved his country.

The other event is the attempted assassination of former PM IK. He is without doubt the most popular leader in Pakistan commanding love and respect of 10s of millions. There is a rift between his party and establishment. If the assassins had been successful, he wouldn’t be around to stop the people from tearing our country apart. A real civil war, including losing many officers and soldiers to mutiny even killing their superiors could have happened. We may have been a few mm away from losing our country. From a national security perspective, if ISI can investigate Panama papers, help with bloodyCOVID and FATF, the investigation of the assassination attempt of former PM and an event that almost led to the massacre of entire corp commanders should be investigated thoroughly by them. If it’s a rogue ISI unit, make an example out of them. If it’s Bajwa, then he should be tried and hung for murder and attempted murder. These basic moves make sense. There is no forgive and forget on these topics. This is worse than selling nuclear secrets as this may have led to total destruction of our country.

Although I lean towards IK, I have supported and support Zia, Mush, Kiyani, RS over all politcians. Inshallah when we get someone better than IK I will support them also.

Best of luck to Gen Munir, May Allah guide him to what is best for our country. Pakistan always Zindabad.

Restore the image by completely decoupling from politics and across the board accountability of the establishment.

Do that and you’ll earn the respect.

The problem is that he cannot restore the image of army, now, without making some bonafide interference into politics. How will he undo the impacts of disastrous actions taken by Mir Bajwa, in the past about 9 months?
He can. Hold a press conference, apologize and hold the Generals accountable.

Restore the image by completely decoupling from politics and across the board accountability of the establishment.

Do that and you’ll earn the respect.

He can. Hold a press conference, apologize and hold the Generals accountable.
Pakistanis want to love our army. Don’t need to hang generals. Just steps in right direction enough. We know it tough to change directions if massive moving ship. Just act like patriots of Pakistan and not your money and people will love and respect you, which they want to do.

I will say IKs best achievements, Feb 2019, COVId, FATF which were world best type achievements, came on combined work of military and IK.

The problem is that he cannot restore the image of army, now, without making some bonafide interference into politics. How will he undo the impacts of disastrous actions taken by Mir Bajwa, in the past about 9 months?
Than I don't want that, I want no interference in politics from him as a principal

If army stops asking the coalition partners to be in this government, they'll simply leave and next general elections would happen on it's own

Biggest concern would be staying out of default - that's where his politics might be needed but that's that

There's no need for politics, nor do I want it from him, those asking for it are no friends of the country

I want to give Gen Munir a good shot and a clean slate but unfortunately there is no clean slate. We have a patriot journalist killed in Kenya under mysterious circumstances. A journalist close to the heart of Pakistanis and real patriot who was hounded out of our country and UAE. Like deaths of Pak patriots, His death elicited minimal if any reaction from HRW, Nytimes or other journalistic community in West. Really only ones who seem to care is Kenyan journalist and not even our journalists. If it was not ISI who did this, it would make sense to be involved in finding out who killed our Arshad. This killing is nothing like Saleem Shehzad who was known RAW hand and can’t be treated the same. If it was ISI and it was infact orders from Bajwa then Bajwa needs to hang for this murder of someone who loved his country.

Murder of journalist Arshad Sharif was globally condemned including also by the US Department of State.

----

Journalist Saleem Shehzad was a RAW hand or his crime was that he knew too much?

----

When people are conditioned to patronize extrajudicial killings, no wonder these deplorable acts continue like business as usual in this country.

These are but reminders of why our society is so effed up and why it fails to course-correct itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom