What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

So Bajwa wanted Azhar Abbas to be new chief while NS made his man a new COAS. Don't forget that Aasim Munir was among those 3-4 Gens who ousted IK with Bajwa.

Aasim Munir has given assurances to NS regarding IK in return of making him new COAS. Whether Aasim Munir fulfil those assurances or not, this needs to be seen.

Chacha, you seem to be a retired major from the Army who takes early retirement to serve private mills as security chief. Kam kren jaker apna.

Yar since Shah g became the new sheriff in town , iam getting funny ideas ----- one of my colleague was in a state of mild frenzy when I broke this news to him :D

Na pai by the book he chalo :lol:

Ideally, COAS should become totally irrelevant as per democractic norms…As most of us now understand..Amy is actually part of problem…not otherwise..we used to have high tegard for army earlier..but good tht our myth has broken.. now we should not associate any hope with any COAS.. he should be irrelevant..
Welcome back. We are all waiting for the new army chief to assume his duties within constitutional limits. There are many good things to say about the new chief, only problem is that the same PDM will cry when he becomes irrelevant. I think the most important thing to do is to give legal cover to the new chief. We can expect anything from PDM in future.

Welcome back. We are all waiting for the new army chief to assume his duties within constitutional limits. There are many good things to say about the new chief, only problem is that the same PDM will cry when he becomes irrelevant. I think the most important thing to do is to give legal cover to the new chief. We can expect anything from PDM in future.
Yes.. I agree that there should be no more drama with regards to new chief.. let it be.. President should justsign the summary, rather than holding back on summary..or find some legal loophole in it.. just get away with it… jo hoga..dekha jayega

Unconstitutional appointment, he retires on 27th nov.

President Alvi will step in, supreme court will be involved too.

They amended the Army Act (and will bulldoze the amendment through Parliament, if need be) to 'retain' an officer (including a 3-star LTG) after his retirement date --- and have already sent the summary for the same to the MOD.

This means that he will be 'retained' for a few days past his retirement date and therefore be illegible to become COAS.

So Bajwa wanted Azhar Abbas to be new chief while NS made his man a new COAS. Don't forget that Aasim Munir was among those 3-4 Gens who ousted IK with Bajwa.

Aasim Munir has given assurances to NS regarding IK in return of making him new COAS. Whether Aasim Munir fulfil those assurances or not, this needs to be seen.
You were there when those assurances were given? Pray tell us all exactly what was assured? How stupid some people get!

We are total comedy. Nowhere in world, no country gives that much importance to a military head. If these are not signs of banana rep then what are ? I hope our next generations would never pay that much attention. This should not even a breaking news. Hope we ever become a civilized country, where military will be sent to its place that's barracks & borders only. A provincial minister is higher rank then an army chief. Department head can never be superior to elected officials in any democracy.

Now the new COAS, Lt Asim Munir - I don't know who he is but if he really was retiring on 27th (if this is true) then he should excuse himself - A dignified & professional officer will never want to become COAS especially when he was retiring. No one would want to become a controversial COAS from day one.

They amended the Army Act (and will bulldoze the amendment through Parliament, if need be) to 'retain' an officer (including a 3-star LTG) after his retirement date --- and have already sent the summary for the same to the MOD.

This means that he will be 'retained' for a few days past his retirement date and therefore be illegible to become COAS.
That's the problem people aren't understanding here. Retention will make him ineligible.

PTI should agree on providing full legal cover to make his appointment uncontroversial.

Again mafia won and we lost.
Now noonies have their own gangster in uniform.
This is a bitter truth , work like a donkey pay your taxes to run the army and at the end you have zero hearsay in this country.Mafia with the help of foreign powers will rule on you. We are living a worst kind of slavery.

That's the problem people aren't understanding here. Retention will make him ineligible.

PTI should agree on providing full legal cover to make his appointment uncontroversial.

What happens if the President sits on the appointment and we go past Bajwa's retirement date?

You were there when those assurances were given? Pray tell us all exactly what was assured? How stupid some people get!

Looks like you are the one who is stupid here who is ready 24/7 for bootlicking these Gens after all he is your new lord. I can explain what I meant but my experience suggest there is no point in debating with people like you. Its waste of time.

Promotion to 4-star before retirement is quite enough. There is no problem there. No retain needed if promotion is done before an office retires. The 'retain' issue in this case is to prevent any possible 25 day delay to said promotion that president can make. Retain ensures officer will be in service 25 days later. If president was not from an opposing party this would not be needed. However this is a precaution, president may not make any delay. I suppose We'll find out what happens there in due time.

True to tradition, the Sharif brothers have again fcked up a simple situation for their own personal gain.

Can't wait to see how this comes to bite them in the a$$ 2 years from now, really excited.

Bend the rules, create loopholes, just for your own petty benefit.

Damagh main in kay itnay charbi jam gayi hai they still think COAS IK kay khilaf sab kuch karay ga.

CGS, CVGS, DGMO, CC X Corps, left out. But we've seen this before too.

Einstein nay sahi kaha tha, doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results is stupidity. In the 21st century, doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results is called being Nawaz Sharif.
How naive. Were you expecting Faiz Hameed to be the next COAS?

Looks like you are the one who is stupid here who is ready 24/7 for bootlicking these Gens after all he is your new lord. I can explain what I meant but my experience suggest there is no point in debating with people like you. Its waste of time.
Asked you a simple question. You made a claim, not me. It's up to you to back it up. When asked about evidence of your claim all you can come up with is "no point in debating". It means you had no basis for the claim in the first place. If you can't back it up then don't make tall claims.

Can you explain this point? Why does retention make him ineligible?

Back
Top Bottom