What's new

Made in China, Bought in India

Thinkpad? IBM? You mean Lenovo, Chinese brand headquartered in Beijing, manufacturer of the LENOVO (not IBM branded) ThinkPad R500 and owner of the IBM division of PCs, which I am using to type to you right now?
By Thinkpad I mean IBM designed ones, I use an old one when it was under IBM, not after Lenovo took over. I didn't find the new Lenovo ones as good as the old IBM ones...my personal experience again (no flame intended)

While Lenovo may belong to China, everything inside comes from US (intel cpu and chipsets, broadcom nics, wifi, sounds etc etc)...China accquired Lenovo in a business move not as a ToT. Just a move to accquire and make money.

Ohh..and didnt reliance power gave $10 bln order to Chinese for power generation goodies?? Guess what..at $10 bln they come cheap too! :rofl:

Most of the world ridicule for China comes from americans systematic anti-asian propoganda during the failed vietname and korean wars. While be forget that Japan which makes the best of the best stuff in electronics is also Asian.

By Thinkpad I mean IBM designed ones, I use an old one when it was under IBM, not after Lenovo took over. I didn't find the new Lenovo ones as good as the old IBM ones...my personal experience again (no flame intended)

I don't think most personal computers have any significant technical differences between them for the same price. If there are technical differences, it's a matter of price and not company, since their non-CPU components are mostly made in china, and CPUs are standardized.

do you seriously think that a personal computer is high tech stuff? heres a nice hint: nothing consumer is high tech, because consumers don't know how to use high tech. only capital goods are high tech. why do we need to reinvent the wheel for something low tech like this? Lenovo buying IBM was a business move designed to make money, not to acquire technology we had in 1980.

It became low tech now. But imagine when Lenovo first started that was pretty high tech back then. You know unknowingly you acknowledged my very point. That is Chinese didn't do anything for its success.

Originally Posted by below_freezing
hypocrite, Peacefull is the one trolling.

I beg to disagree. The thread starter asked why Indians buy from China and not Japan, and still hold the impression that Chinese goods are 'cheap' (in a negative sense). I told him that it is a stereotype that will gradually go away, and this stereotype is basically derived from the West, which says the same thing, so why pick on only India? I also said, give it a few years, the stereotype will die out.

In response to that reasonable explanation you came up with a classic troll post about Indian uneducated illiterate workers versus skilled Chinese workers and wonderful Chinese automated machines. So, what do you expect, that I'll fall on my knees and praise god that China exists, to enable all other sorry souls to live their worthless lives?

And oh: when members like 'Peaceful' (with single 'l', who was my inspiration to create the account on this forum) troll and flame threads, if you thank their posts instead of telling him to pipe down (or just ignoring him at the very least), then you ought to keep the hypocrisy aside when it comes to Peacefulll (with three 'l's)

Last edited:
I don't think most personal computers have any significant technical differences between them for the same price. If there are technical differences, it's a matter of price and not company, since their non-CPU components are mostly made in china, and CPUs are standardized.
I agree that there are far less technical differences between different companies, but the point to note is the difference in quality of components used in the manufacturing of the system boards used in the electronics. The point I wanted to make is that there is a significant difference in the quality control between an American branded product and a Chinese branded product in the market today.
After all cost is always associated with quality.

It became low tech now. But imagine when Lenovo first started that was pretty high tech back then. You know unknowingly you acknowledged my very point. That is Chinese didn't do anything for its success.

Lenovo started in the 1980's. Look up Lenovo on Wikipedia.

Lenovo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Founded 1984

It is now the 4th largest supplier of PCs in the world.

^^ Nicely said. I am impressed. Very good observation.

just have to say something fair about Lenovo. people think Lenovo is just IBM, and without IBM, Lenovo is nothing. Lenovo existed for 21 years without IBM, and IBM is less than 5% shareholder in Lenovo now.

So, in 1984 weren't computers High tech? Between, IBM developed the company not some Chinese. It's all IBM tech.

Lenovo acquired IBM in 2005. Lenovo also sold computers before 2005. Lenovo's acquisition of IBM was a purely business decision that had nothing to do with transfer of technology. Is that hard to understand?

freeze I do agree with Peacefull on the point that I didn't see any chinese member stop Peaceful when he went on troll marathons, You are one of the senior member and well respected here and I actually noticed you thanking him.

As for chinese products, I think what most members are agreeing on is that the negative perceptions exist and that's precisely what they are; Perceptions

With continuous improvement in quality they will eventually go away.

Further economic integration between India and China is inevitable so nobody here should be surprised about it.

freeze I do agree with Peacefull on the point that I didn't see any chinese member stop Peaceful when he went on troll marathons, You are one of the senior member and well respected here and I actually noticed you thanking him.

Did you not see me constantly opposing peaceful? Go back and look at the thread in which he was banned.

Also, to turn it around... have you ever noticed any Indians defending me, whenever I am being attacked by Indian trolls?

^
Going against trolls is futile, look at the difficulty in removing 'challenger' ! When Chinese members got against him they were accused of being Indian agents !

^
Going against trolls is futile, look at the difficulty in removing 'challenger' ! When Chinese members got against him they were accused of being Indian agents !

Yes "challenger" accused me of being an Indian agent. Nevertheless I DID stand up to him, in order to defend the Indian posters that he was attacking.

Now I am being attacked on all sides by new Indian forum members and our new member "Peacefulll" is claiming that Chinese never stand up for Indians. Well what about the other way around?

Back
Top Bottom