What's new

Made-in-Pakistan JF-17 fighter goes global, desi Tejas yet to take off

Tejas remain an emphatic failure and embarrassment even for a backward country like India.
Perhaps there is no need to bring the backwardness of the India.. But if you wish so, just take a look at following tiny accomplishments..

When we got independence from Briton in 1947, they said that we would not be able to make even a single pin.. Last week we were able to launch 5 British satellite in a single launch.. Don't you think this is quite a big achievement for a so called backward nation.. If I recount correctly you have till date 5 successful satellite launches with foreign help.. first in 1994... This backward India launched her satellite in 1979...

About healthcare, many people come to India for medical tourism.. Turkey ranks 6th in world.. India comes in top three.. Don't you think it is too much for a backward nation like India.. India is highest supplier of generic medicine outside USA to USA which is considered as most stringent market.. Isn't that quite too much for a backward nation.. Couldn't find much information about Turkish Pharma Industry, the only info was that it has about 400 Pharma industries merely..

We have reached moon and mars, could not find any such accomplishment of turkey.. Too much of a progress in ROCKET science from a backward country like India isn't it?

Turkey has its fastest supercomputer ranked 239th in list of top 500.. and could find only two supercomputers.. India has about 35 supercomputers and her fastest supercomputer is ranked 72.. Too much of a progress in supercomputing from a backward country like India isn't it?

The total export of Turkey was 176 billion $$, India's total export only in IT was 99 billion USD.. Total export in 2013 was 460 billion...

About defense products produced in India, I wish you visit thread started by @acetophenol ... Too much for a backward nation huh..

We are behind Turkey in HDI and Per capita.. we are developing and would take few decades to surpass you in that.. But not impossible..

We bow to the people when we meet for showing respect, unlike few who take cheap-shots at others poor areas..

Get a life my friend.. and MODS sorry for :offtopic:

Title grossly discredit china. China did all heavy lifting. . Then again it's indian media. . Credit shud be given to paf for involving & backing the project

ask indian meda and go explain them rather then chest thumping here you can mail :rofl: abut indigenous yes its joke man :p: new engines will come from USA now not russia for indigenous tejas :enjoy:
Neither US built all the parts of their aircraft in USA.. Does that mean they are not indigenous.. Hell even china imports engines from Russia... And save your laugh for Pakistan who can not even make a bike engine...

There are two ways to look at LCA / Tejas.

1) According to Indians it is not a failure because they have found enough support from USA in regards to Engines. Israel and Dassault upgraded the HAL facilities and provided new wing designs and other technical assistance in avionics. This made the Aircraft fly and hence is awaiting its final FOC. However the IAF does not still likes it but is interested in the next upgrade.

2) This is a failure because the money that has been spent on the various projects that were to be part of Tejas have been replaced by western ones.
The learning you get from such a complex project is invaluable.. Even china had to get blue prints and actual prototypes from Ukrain and Israel.. yet some of their fighter jets are failure.. (Su 33 Clone :azn:)

40 already ordered .
And comparing JF 17 and Tejas is just ridiculous .Too ridiculous :lol:

Tejas was a terrific ,ambitious attempt of a developing nation.
And it did worked after all .
Now we have an industry.A good aeroindustry.
But Indian media is reputed for its low quality.You cant blame anyone.

Perhaps there is no need to bring the backwardness of the India.. But if you wish so, just take a look at following tiny accomplishments..

When we got independence from Briton in 1947, they said that we would not be able to make even a single pin.. Last week we were able to launch 5 British satellite in a single launch.. Don't you think this is quite a big achievement for a so called backward nation.. If I recount correctly you have till date 5 successful satellite launches with foreign help.. first in 1994... This backward India launched her satellite in 1979...

About healthcare, many people come to India for medical tourism.. Turkey ranks 6th in world.. India comes in top three.. Don't you think it is too much for a backward nation like India.. India is highest supplier of generic medicine outside USA to USA which is considered as most stringent market.. Isn't that quite too much for a backward nation.. Couldn't find much information about Turkish Pharma Industry, the only info was that it has about 400 Pharma industries merely..

We have reached moon and mars, could not find any such accomplishment of turkey.. Too much of a progress in ROCKET science from a backward country like India isn't it?

Turkey has its fastest supercomputer ranked 239th in list of top 500.. and could find only two supercomputers.. India has about 35 supercomputers and her fastest supercomputer is ranked 72.. Too much of a progress in supercomputing from a backward country like India isn't it?

The total export of Turkey was 176 billion $$, India's total export only in IT was 99 billion USD.. Total export in 2013 was 460 billion...

About defense products produced in India, I wish you visit thread started by @acetophenol ... Too much for a backward nation huh..

We are behind Turkey in HDI and Per capita.. we are developing and would take few decades to surpass you in that.. But not impossible..

We bow to the people when we meet for showing respect, unlike few who take cheap-shots at others poor areas..

Get a life my friend.. and MODS sorry for :offtopic:

Listen my friend senior Indians here know that already but for your knowledge that guy isn't Turk. He's a fake member, most likely Pakistani we think. Never seen him speaking Turkish with street slang on our thread.

Because of the Kaveri's failure, the Tejas Mk1 is powered by an imported 19,000lb-thrust GE F404-IN20. But the aircraft is overweight and underpowered, so an enlarged Mk2 version is planned powered by a 22,000lb-thrust GE F414-INS6.
Thrust to weight ratio of JF 17 is 0.93 and that of LCA is 0.94.. which aircraft is under powered you can find out..

Listen my friend senior Indians here know that already but for your knowledge that guy isn't Turk. He's a fake member, most likely Pakistani we think. Never seen him speaking Turkish with street slang on our thread.
Thanks for clarifying...

Do i need to remind u the remarks of your air chief regarding condition of AAF viz a viz PAF???? #shorttermmemroyloss

Tejas is an embarrassment for us...... The worst part of it is, there seems to be no end for this embarrassment

But it is absolutely wrong to compare it with JF 17
Yes you are absolutely right how can we compare an already operational jet jf17 which has even secured its first export order with lca which is still going on with its unending testing and trial phase.

Too many people with absolutely 0 knowledge on defence are posting nowadays on pdf,,,pity.
This forum has become just a means of chatting and trolling on politics.

Yes you are absolutely right how can we compare an already operational jet jf17 which has even secured its first export order with lca which is still going on with its unending testing and trial phase.

That was not the point i was making, and i do not want to discuss it further, there is enough of comparison wrt what our respective countries did in these project, it is available in PDF itself, do search and get educated (if u do not know already)

ask indian meda and go explain them rather then chest thumping here you can mail :rofl: abut indigenous yes its joke man :p: new engines will come from USA now not russia for indigenous tejas :enjoy:

I would have understood ur statement if pakistan was doing better than india in this respect.

Sadly its doing much worse as far as indigenous stuff goes,so hold ur horses.Any sensible person knows this.

That said, the Kaveri has laid a very solid foundation for which India will build upon for the future.

+ The Kaveri isn't dead, it will power UCAVs currently under development.
Accept the hard core reality that kaveri is dead and even burried.
Lca markII will again use the GE engine and so does the AMCA if it ever materialize.

I am impresssd with your hopes regarding the already dead kaveri engine.

So Far

-R73 - fully integrated, tested.
-LGB Griffin - Fully integrated, tested.
-LGB Payway - Fully integrated, tested.
-Laser pod - integrated.

AoA - 24 achieved, to be tested for 28 in July- August
Radar Range - 85 km A2A for 2 RCS , waiting for new radome to increase to 100+
-Gsh23(Gun) - integrated,weapon trail in July
-Python 5 - integrated , weapon trail in July
-Derby BVR - Integrated, weapon trail in July

-refuel probe and radome yet toe receive from cobham, expected in July-August

Back
Top Bottom