What's new

Major General Sanaullah and Lt Colnol has died in IED blast in upper dir

I find it surprising that there are Pakistanis here who are trying to justify (not very openly though) this attack on PA. I always thought PA was supreme in the headset of an average Pakistani. Looks like TTP is slowly making that space for itself with some Pakistanis.. If I was a Pakistani, I would be very scared of this development

Which Pakistani's? Since you are using plural, Please Identify those Pakistanis?

And We have lived through the scariest period of our time from 2007-2009, When LT.Gen, Maj. Gen, Brigadiers, LT.Col and regular soldiers were dying right and left.

And we are still passing through this phase.

Your cynicism is at best potshot

1240411_146832998860399_994087514_n.jpg

You will avenge this attack than they would avenge that attack and it would only benefit Indians and USA

true that nor that i disagree but here is a difference army is an state institution but ttp are a rag tag terrorists

Which Pakistani's? Since you are using plural, Please Identify those Pakistanis?

And We have lived through the scariest period of our time from 2007-2009, When LT.Gen, Maj. Gen, Brigadiers, LT.Col and regular soldiers were dying right and left.

And we are still passing through this phase.

Your cynicism is at best potshot

If it came across as one, let me apologize and reassure you that it was not meant as one..

Was this a targeted attack on a convoy or just a IED blast or land mine?

Incompetency of PA is amazing. Don't know how to even call this blunder as a bravery. Don't know for how many times we are going to swept our incompetency under the carpet of bravery. Idiots can't even do a proper recce of the route of there high officials.

Itna asaan kaam hota to khud tum mineclearing kar rahay hotay...

Before opening your dirty mouth at least grasp the situation fully. I bet you haven't once visited those places.

Just saw on DAWN that TTP has accepted responsibility...

So this is how it's going to go eh? We start peace talks, Diesel loves them, and they kill our Generals and officers and soldiers the very next day?

WTF is this? Lakh lanat on these peace talks...shame on Nawaz Sharif and all those peace talk activists. Doob maro.

Just saw on DAWN that TTP has accepted responsibility...

So this is how it's going to go eh? We start peace talks, Diesel loves them, and they kill our Generals and officers and soldiers the very next day?

WTF is this? Lakh lanat on these peace talks...shame on Nawaz Sharif and all those peace talk activists. Doob maro.

There can not be any negotiations with the terrorists.. Pakistan has tried it in the past and we all know how that went down..

There can not be any negotiations with the terrorists.. Pakistan has tried it in the past and we all know how that went down..

I don't what's up with the man love of Nawaz Sharif and Taliban...?

We haven't learnt our lessons.

As I said before, a month is the latest I give to this peace love. But after this attack, expect the Army high command to be moved and pressurize the government on strategy.

There will definitely be a backlash from the Army.

1209174_10151960275959673_1035602502_n.jpg

This even proofs Musharraf was the traitor and also those who support him they led army to fight its own people so USA can be please with traitor Musharraf and his touts and now we are being attacked by both by USA and also our own people Musharraf and his traitor friends will be taken out soon

Is statement from Ehsan Ullah Ehsan. :devil:

Ina lillah e wa ina eleh-e-rajeun.

Why? Major Generals are not supposed to be in the battle field?

Pakistan Army officers always lead from front. Recently there was an OP in which only one soldier was martyred, guess who was he... Commanding Officer of that battalion.
Another example is of Musharraf when he a Brigadier and himself lead a team of commandos in Siachin. During Kargil conflict he used to travel to forward areas.
And one of the most daring example is of then Maj Gen Haroon Aslam GOC SSG who lead a force of 1200 commandos himself.
Tariq Khan and Nadir Zeb (then IG and DIG FC NWFP) used to spend most of their time in forward areas.

PESHAWAR: A roadside bomb attack on Sunday killed Pakistan's two senior military officers and a soldier in the country's troubled northwest, the military said.

The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have accepted responsibility for the attack, which was confirmed by TTP spokesman Shahidullah Shahid in a statement.

Major General Sanaullah Niazi and Lieutenant Colonel Touseef were visiting troop posts in the Upper Dir district of northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, along the Afghan border, when their vehicle hit a planted bomb killing them along with a soldier.

“Maj Gen Sanaullah and Lt Col Touseef embraced Shahadat (martyrdom) this morning. They were returning after visiting troops posts on Pak Afghan Border,” the military said in a statement, adding that the incident resulted from an IED planted on the road near the border.

“Sepoy Imran also embraced Shahadat (martyrdom), two soldiers injured in the blast have been evacuated,” it added.

“Pakistan army has made substantial sacrifices to protect the nation against the menace of terrorism and such cowardly acts by terrorists cannot deter the morale of our armed forces,” Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said in a statement.

The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government had announced on Saturday that withdrawal of troops from Malakand division would begin next month and the civil administration would take over control of the area.

The announcement came at a time when the federal government is preparing to launch peace talks with the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) in the light of decisions of an all-party conference.

Separately, two roadside bomb attacks in Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan tribal district bordering Afghanistan, killed two soldiers on Sunday and wounded four others, security officials said.

In the neighbouring district of Bannu, Taliban militants ambushed a convoy of tribal police early Sunday, killing two of them and wounding four others, the officials said.

Pakistan says more than 40,000 people have been killed as a result of bomb and suicide attacks carried out by Taliban and Al-Qaeda-led militants who oppose Islamabad's US alliance.
PM condoles, TTP claims responsibility for killing of Major General in KP - DAWN.COM

Yaara but he's not supposed to be in the thick of it long enough to actually come under fire- bravery serves a man leading a division not so well. The soldier looks particularly in tune with his jawaans but in operations he would have mostly kept himself back from the out and out fire fights. He was most probably leading a division, you do not want to take any steps that can damage a whole division's command. The IEDs in question should have struck the advanced elements (if it was a recce) or regular patrols parties way before the soldier in question got to it. Makes me think, targeted perhaps, perhaps remote detonated (allowing for targeting a specific person) rather than pressure detonated?

Or maybe he had no protection vehicle ahead of him? And his jeep should have been bomb proof anyway.

Sir still talks will take place because you can't beat them and the day USA runs away and afghan Taliban are free you would not want to be their next target Mr these people know how to fight for decades and sustain it but you don't sir they have nothing too loose you have everything too loose so keep on talking and keep on winning support off as many as you could if USA can't win than you don't have a tiny chance jinah had the vision that is why he promised them no Pakistani soldier would enter tribal area and never did until 2003 blunder by musharraf traitor

Shut up Zarvan. And go blow yourself up in some crowded market.

Itna asaan kaam hota to khud tum mineclearing kar rahay hotay...

Before opening your dirty mouth at least grasp the situation fully. I bet you haven't once visited those places.

Bhai to agar itna asan kaam nahi hai to marwatai raho apnai major general aur lieutenant general madarasai kai chand jahil choohon kai hathon. Awaam ko kyun pagal banaya hua hai.

1000 rs ki ied kai hathon apna general marwa dia. Lanat hai.

Was this a targeted attack on a convoy or just a IED blast or land mine?

No someone placed a random IED on some random place in Upper Dir and then Major General sahab randomly traveled from Peshawar and put his foot over it.

No someone placed a random IED on some random place in Upper Dir and then Major General sahab randomly traveled from Peshawar and put his foot over it.

And as I guessed, you have no idea how stuff goes on that place...so I'll leave it at this.

RIP to the General and the Lt Col and the Sepoy. May Allah grant them Jannah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom