What's new

Malala Yousufzai bashed for 'Oxford Attire' and it's quite appalling.

Stick around, because you ain't seen, nothing yet. :D

For the fun to continue, perhaps you should first acknowledge that a public figure like her should publicly retract her statements that were based on wrong information?

Unless you think she said no wrong and can say whatever BS she wants based on whatever she reads on social media?

For the fun to continue, perhaps you should first acknowledge that a public figure like her should publicly retract her statements that were based on wrong information?

Unless you think she said no wrong and can say whatever BS she wants based on whatever she reads on social media?

The Mashaal incident was nothing to embrace or be proud of.

Change is the only constant, in the universe.

:lol:

Going by what you've said, will Allah revise The Quran or send a new Book?

The Mashaal incident was nothing to embrace or be proud of.

Yes but Malala made a blunder and Secur has admitted that she made a statement based on wrong information she got from social media.

Any sensible public figure would apologies, but that apology is not coming.

As I said before, if she retracts &/or apologises, she comes out good for many. It takes courage to correct ones self, much easier than taking bullet though perhaps? What do you think?

Alas .. she won't.

It was specifically in reference to the brutal murder of Mashal Khan and even though the religious component was proven to be fabricated later, still you shouldn't demand her, to retract the whole statement "logically", maybe alter it a bit. Because even though, new information has come to light that Awami National Party (ANP) a leftist political party, incited the murder under the guise of religion. You should add the factor of what people who killed him, believed. The mob or a good part of it that killed him, didn't know about political revenge. They acted on the information of "blasphemous activities" of the victim. Why aren't you questioning as to why its extremely easy to get rid off someone, by using that particular excuse? Why aren't you worried about the intolerance and extremism?

A large group of students formed into a mob, accusing these students of running a Facebook page where Mashal was allegedly publishing blasphemous material. Mashal was killed inside the premises of the Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan where he was a student of mass communication. Khan's death was filmed through mobile phones and was shared on social media. It was reported that some leaders of the student body were part of the mob that attacked Khan. A senior police officer said "Hundreds of people were involved and Khan was badly tortured after being shot at a close range. He was beaten with sticks, bricks and hands. - Wikipedia

Last edited:
It was specifically in reference to the brutal murder of Mashal Khan and even though the religious component was proven to be fabricated later, still you shouldn't demand her, to retract the whole statement "logically", maybe alter it a bit. Because even though, new information has come to light that Awami National Party (ANP) a leftist political party, incited the murder under the guise of religion. The mob or a good part of it that killed him, didn't know all that. They acted on the information of "blasphemous activities" of the victim. Why aren't you questioning as to why its extremely easy to get rid off someone, by using that particular excuse?

Everyone should abide by the law of the land. Murder is murder and can't be justified. It is the state that punishes according to the law that's broken, not some religious or secular mob under the pretext of religion! Nothing wrong with the blasphemy law itself as it doesn't give right to people to kill.

She needs to retract her statement fully and issue a fresh one based on facts only. Until that happens, she deserves the bollocking she gets for that statement.

Everyone should abide by the law of the land. Murder is murder and can't be justified. It is the state that punishes according to the law that's broken, not some religious or secular mob under the pretext of religion! Nothing wrong with the blasphemy law itself as it doesn't give right to people to kill.

She needs to retract her statement fully and issue a fresh one based on facts only. Until that happens, she deserves the bollocking she gets for that statement.

Please read the post, again. I had to add a few things, from the Wikipedia.

Why aren't you worried about the intolerance and extremism?

Since you have time, as you claim, read my posts on PDF. Then perhaps you'll realise how foolish that question is.

@Verve

"Today I heard about the death of Mashal Khan. It is a very agonising incident... This incident alone has brought disgrace to our nation. I urge people to know your religion, values and culture. They have always professed peace and tolerance," the youngest Nobel laureate said yesterday, in a video posted on Geo News and shared on social media. "We complain of Islamophobia and say that other nations are disgracing us. No one is doing that. It is us who are giving a bad name to our country," Ms Yousafzai further stated.

She also said that she spoke to Mashal Khan's father, who gave her a message of peace. The activist also said that people have forgotten the true meaning of religion and values. "This wasn't the funeral procession of just Mashal Khan, but the message of our religion, which is peace and tolerance. We have forgotten our values and are not representing our religion," the activist said.

"Islam does not tell us to be impatient and intolerant," Ms Yousafzai added. "I urge all political leaders and parties to stand up for peace and give justice to Mashal Khan. Do not stay silent," she said, in the video message.

'We Are Giving A Bad Name To Our Country': Malala Yousafzai On Pakistan

Here's her whole statement. Please, tell me, what part of it, has become irrelevant and incorrect now, so to be retracted. Logically, the whole statement didn't become wrong.

Since you have time, as you claim, read my posts on PDF. Then perhaps you'll realise how foolish that question is.

It isn't foolish. You say that since ANP instigated the murder, for their own agenda. Her statement suddenly became incorrect, in its entirety. I say, it didn't. Because, political revenge was why the leftist political party played the whole drama, the killers or the mob (a large part of them) thought that they were doing a great religious service by taking care of a blasphemer, having no knowledge of the "inside politics". Its easy to kill people in this country, by labeling them as such. But your deep concern, isn't for the incident but for what Malala Yousufzai said. Interesting!

Seems Wiki missed the part where he was shot!

Read again, its there.

@Verve

"Today I heard about the death of Mashal Khan. It is a very agonising incident... This incident alone has brought disgrace to our nation. I urge people to know your religion, values and culture. They have always professed peace and tolerance," the youngest Nobel laureate said yesterday, in a video posted on Geo News and shared on social media. "We complain of Islamophobia and say that other nations are disgracing us. No one is doing that. It is us who are giving a bad name to our country," Ms Yousafzai further stated.

She also said that she spoke to Mashal Khan's father, who gave her a message of peace. The activist also said that people have forgotten the true meaning of religion and values. "This wasn't the funeral procession of just Mashal Khan, but the message of our religion, which is peace and tolerance. We have forgotten our values and are not representing our religion," the activist said.

"Islam does not tell us to be impatient and intolerant," Ms Yousafzai added. "I urge all political leaders and parties to stand up for peace and give justice to Mashal Khan. Do not stay silent," she said, in the video message.

'We Are Giving A Bad Name To Our Country': Malala Yousafzai On Pakistan

Here's her whole statement. Please, tell me, what part of it, has become irrelevant and incorrect now, so to be retracted. Logically, the whole statement didn't become wrong.

I had already highlighted the relevant parts that should be full retracted. The statement was made in context of a killing based on religion so logically it should be retracted fully.

New statement could include 'people need to stop using religion as a cover to justify a politically motivated murder'.

Happy now?

I had already highlighted the relevant parts that should be full retracted. The statement was made in context of a killing based on religion so logically it should be retracted fully.

New statement could include 'people need to stop using religion as a cover to justify a politically motivated murder'.

Happy now?

Rather she should alter it, by adding a bit.

"We complain of Islamophobia and say that other nations are disgracing us. No one is doing that. It is us who are giving a bad name to our country," Ms Yousafzai further stated (Still valid. The mob acted on their belief that Mashal Khan was a threat to Islam and disrespected the religion of peace)

We have forgotten our values and are not representing our religion," the activist said. (Still valid, we aren't. The religion doesn't allow killing of innocents)

This incident alone has brought disgrace to our nation. (It still has, regardless of why he was murdered, people gathering in dozens and killing a person brutally in cold blood, not exactly our finest moment now, is it?)

But your deep concern, isn't for the incident

How twisted or stupid are you, really!?

Now you want me to show concern on a thread on malala? Just like the OP, you want a constant condemnation??

Read up my comments on the thread on Mashal's murder. Your immature assumptions and silly questions are getting a tad too much. Tone down.

How twisted or stupid are you, really!?

A lot, to not feel good because it was proven to be politically motivated later. Because, I still know and understand intimately, why people did, what they did.

Now you want me to show concern on a thread on malala? Just like the OP, you want a constant condemnation??

Did I say so? Then, no. I don't. You want to continue bringing in dozens of other heroes to attempt to dilute her fame and tragedy?

Rather she should alter it, by adding a bit.

"We complain of Islamophobia and say that other nations are disgracing us. No one is doing that. It is us who are giving a bad name to our country," Ms Yousafzai further stated (Still valid. The mob acted on their belief that Mashal Khan was a threat to Islam and disrespected the religion of peace)

We have forgotten our values and are not representing our religion," the activist said. (Still valid, we aren't. The religion doesn't allow killing of innocents)

This incident alone has brought disgrace to our nation. (It still has, regardless of why he was murdered, people gathering in dozens and killing a person brutally in cold blood, not exactly our finest moment now, is it?)

Carry on being a malala apologist.

Had she been a British white making that statement about UK, she would have had retracted her statement and apologised too.

You want to continue bringing in dozens of other heroes to attempt to dilute her fame and tragedy?

What personal benefit do I get from diluting anything? I just want her to apologize to Pakistani public for the blanket statement she made on wrong information.

Afterall the 'daughter of soil' (as you said) owes that to the nation! Right???

As I said much before, the Shuhadas, their families and others disabled from injuries have my utmost respect. Malala is not disabled and living a decent life, good for her but a one time event/tragedy doesn't give her a right to blabber anything about Pakistan and Pakistanis.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom