What's new

Man 112, weds girl, 17

I guess it does rankle me to be called a "kafir". I have given up calling people the Christian epitaph "infidel". I think people of all religions should give up labeling people of other faiths as "unbelievers". Is that possible or would that be "against" Islam? Is using the label "kafir" important to your faith?

By the K word I merely meant "non-Muslim", which of course you are; just like I am a non-Christian. However, if I go by its literal meaning then I would be very cautious in calling you a “kafir”.

The literal meaning of Kafir is very interesting indeed, and perhaps an understanding of its linguistic particulars will help you understand the psyche of Islam.

Kafir in Arabic literally means "to cover", it is derived from the root that could also be used to explain the way a farmer covers his seeds with soil.

Applied to faith, it means to “cover up the truth with falsehood” or “to deny the truth”. Logically therefore, a prerequisite for being a kafir is that ones heart confesses to the truth, only to cover it up. No man can know what another man’s heart conceals and for that reason I do not call individuals Kafirs; only God knows what’s in your heart, and only God knows whether or not you are rejecting the truth after it has come to you.

I understand that my remarks came as a shock, and I agree that its use was unwise considering what’s going on in the world today.

has anyone seen Pakistani punjabi film "Suha Jora" [Red Cloth, Traditional marriage dress form bride], its about same subject. [old guy marrying with young girl]

and a song from that movie completely reflects the post marriage situation which might have been funny rather than lasting forever.

i want to ask if there is any legislation in Pakistan that prevents these sorts of marriages.

Man!! got an SMS some days ago

100 year old man married a 15 year old girl..On first night both were crying..

Reason:

She dont know any thing !!

He forgot everything !!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom