What's new

Man beating in Saudi Arabia raises questions over expat rights in kingdom

Yes, because there are no beatings and discrimination everywhere else in the world or in Pakistan? There are no sick and violent people everywhere else that take advantage of others?

You are joking right? Did Pakistan not have the third highest amount of so-called "slaves" according to a recent international research? I recall it was even posted on this forum. How do you think the rich class in Pakistan is treating them? Or some land lords? Stop trying to take the moral high ground because of one individuals wrong-doing.

Same with everyone else who pathetically tries to use this unfortunate case to further their agenda.

This has been condemned widely across KSA and the perpetrators will be punished. At least our justice system deals with such issues and does not differentiate between Saudi Arabian or non-Saudi Arabian.

@Yzd Khalifa, @Arabian Legend, @JUBA, @BLACKEAGLE

@WebMaster

Iranian trolls at it again.

Replied too fast without thinking through.

In Dammam @ Mall of Dhahran some saudi guys teased saudi girls.
They said stuff which was inappropriate, they held their hands etc etc.
A sizeable crowd was watching this episode and NO ONE stopped this animal behavior.
Instead everyone made videos with their smart phones and posted on the internet.

Whereas if an expat was supposedly on the wrong side, he gets beaten up and the video is uploaded as a display of power.

See the irony here ?

There might be similar instances everywhere in the world Pakistan included. However no one on the planet claims to be the land of the pure.

Remember the UAE video, it was not very long ago.

think about it before you reply; you have a very difficult case to argue.

Depraved behavior, one that's similar to anyone mistreating any other human being - the only thing more depraving here is the worker is a slave because of the country where this has or is happening and his tormentor will most likely go Scot free and not be punished for this and the victim would be at the receiving end.

This is about an attitude that is prevalent in what is clearly an observable majority in the nation of Saudi Arabia

How come you say the majority approves such a distasteful, barbaric, inhumane, and cruel treatment? Care to provide any evidence to your claim?

On one hand we got some bad Saudi savages who mistreat their own fellow countrymen let alone expats. While some expats commit such acts similar to what the local savages do.

Here for example is a story that took place not that long ago, where a Saudi woman was sentenced to prison for three years for mistreating her housemaid.

http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...ts-three-years-jail-for-abusing-her-housemaid

it is a Saudi Problem

I agree, it is our problem. These acts shall never be left unpunished regardless of the nationality of the abuser.

rather to do with the mentality of certain Saudi's who think they are greater creatures than those they employ.

This guy didn't employ the poor worker. The latter works for the Gov't, namely the municipality. Therefore, the claim you made against the abuser - of whom you claimed that the poor guy works for - is utterly inaccurate.

The abuser is going to be sued twice, once by the City and the embassy of the victim.

I wonder what possible link this thread has to do with Wahabiism or Shia bickerings?
This is about an attitude that is prevalent in what is clearly an observable majority in the nation of Saudi Arabia. it is a Saudi Problem that has nothing to do with the problems of Pakistan, Iran, Bangladesh or Timbuktoo and hence no need to drag them into the thread as sheepish defence.
It has NOTHING to do with religion but rather to do with the mentality of certain Saudi's who think they are greater creatures than those they employ.
Hence, it fall upon Saudis to take the shame from this and to promote a solution to such problems.

Depraved behavior, one that's similar to anyone mistreating any other human being - the only thing more depraving here is the worker is a slave because of the country where this has or is happening and his tormentor will most likely go Scot free and not be punished for this and the victim would be at the receiving end.

While I understand your reactions, respect your opinion and your interpretation to the situation, but what you said is untrue. If someone committed a crime he/she won't get away with it at all. Be it a Saudi, Polish or Qatari.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=2009011326557

It is not sectarian, I have explained it many times. Sorry to see you, one of the rare Indian whose posts sometimes make some sense, revert back to the same nonsense. It is called team building. If Shia's can have team spirit, so should the Sunni's, that essentially sums up my philosophy on this matter. If Iran can meddle in Syria, Yemen, Lebanon and Bahrain, I see nothing wrong with Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Turkey meddling as well in those places. If only our GCC brothers could gear up this team building as well as the Iranian theocracy, Syria in particular and Muslim world would be a different place.

If Iran meddles it gives you the right to do the same ?

Nice logic that is, I assume China/India meddles in Southern Asian states, now that gives us the right to fund terrorism and meddle in your place.

How come you say the majority approves such a distasteful, barbaric, inhumane, and cruel treatment? Care to provide any evidence to your claim?

On one hand we got some bad Saudi savages who mistreat their own fellow countrymen let alone expats. While some expats commit such acts similar to what the local savages do.

Here for example is a story that took place not that long ago, where a Saudi woman was sentenced to prison for three years for mistreating her housemaid.

http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...ts-three-years-jail-for-abusing-her-housemaid

I agree, it is our problem. These acts shall never be left unpunished regardless of the nationality of the abuser.

This guy didn't employ the poor worker. The latter works for the Gov't, namely the municipality. Therefore, the claim you made against the abuser - of whom you claimed that the poor guy works for - is utterly inaccurate.

The abuser is going to be sued twice, once by the City and the embassy of the victim.

The number of videos that are popping up, and the number of cases showing up on watchdog organizations is ample proof enough. How many of these are not reported. It matters less what the Saudi Authorities do in reaction. As such the immigrants have already been given the impression of zero rights so they live in perpetual fear.

If he did not employ him then it is even worse act.. my inaccuracy then is irrelevant. Here a Municipality employee over which the man had no right to abuse was tortured for his race. And what good will suing do?

it is common in Saudi , so the video is not a shock to me there are more serious one
this just came out

but the thing is this if the guy killed the boss in self defense that would not be wrong
if he had problem anything there is law in Saudi
it is sad to see this kind of video last time i also saw one of Bangladesh driver
no matter what religion or race never treat some one else like that
things like this are common in Middle east

wish this things stops in Middle east

The number of videos that are popping up, and the number of cases showing up on watchdog organizations is ample proof enough

Kindly, submit a solid proof in which it indicates that the majority of the Saudi population approves such act of inhumane treatment or at least they are okay with it, or simply have some guts to withdraw such comments. I'm in the law enforcement, so please don't argue much with me on groundless basis.

How many of these are not reported

Again, that was a wild guess, unless you happen to have official documents that can pinpoint, enable, and reveal the unknown - unless you happen to know a ghost that can divert facts -

It matters less what the Saudi Authorities do in reaction. As such the immigrants have already been given the impression of zero rights so they live in perpetual fear.

I DID counter this claim by providing two links indicating that the authority too an action against two Saudi savages who mistreated two expats. So please spare us from the so-called perpetual fear because it only exists in the back of your mind. However, when a Saudi becomes the victim of an X or Y nationals, everybody jumps up into denial.

Obviously, you are taking this issue from an objective view point - which is fair and lovely to us -

If he did not employ him then it is even worse act.. my inaccuracy then is irrelevant. Here a Municipality employee over which the man had no right to abuse was tortured for his race. And what good will suing do?

Thank goodness that your inaccuracy had revealed the best of you in this issue. The municipality was notified by the poor guy instantly, an immediate arrest took place for initial investigation via the commission of prosecution, this guy is now being held in custody, and will be set on trial which will guarantee equal sets of punishments for his inhumane, barbaric, and savage act. The lawsuit includes imprisonment, physical punishment, and a financial compensation to the victim, you see how the lawsuit works now?

All right, so now since we set the record straight, I guess I will drop the stick here by now.

:wave:

Later

The number of videos that are popping up, and the number of cases showing up on watchdog organizations is ample proof enough. How many of these are not reported. It matters less what the Saudi Authorities do in reaction. As such the immigrants have already been given the impression of zero rights so they live in perpetual fear.

Kindly, submit a solid proof in which it indicates that the majority of the Saudi population approves such act of inhumane treatment or at least they are okay with it, or simply have some guts to withdraw such comments. I'm in the law enforcement, so please don't argue much with me on groundless basis.

Again, that was a wild guess, unless you happen to have official documents that can pinpoint, enable, and reveal the unknown - unless you happen to know a ghost that can divert facts -

I DID counter this claim by providing two links indicating that the authority too an action against two Saudi savages who mistreated two expats. So please spare us from the so-called perpetual fear because it only exists in the back of your mind. However, when a Saudi becomes the victim of an X or Y nationals, everybody jumps up into denial.

Obviously, you are taking this issue from an objective view point - which is fair and lovely to us -

Thank goodness that your inaccuracy had revealed the best of you in this issue. The municipality was notified by the poor guy instantly, an immediate arrest took place for initial investigation via the commission of prosecution, this guy is now being held in custody, and will be set on trial which will guarantee equal sets of punishments for his inhumane, barbaric, and savage act. The lawsuit includes imprisonment, physical punishment, and a financial compensation to the victim, you see how the lawsuit works now?

All right, so now since we set the record straight, I guess I will drop the stick here by now.

Later

Proof is in the the puddng. It is ridiculous to assume that Saudi Arabian official documents will contain such evidences.. unless off course law enforcement also means selective enforcement.

But lets start.
Some 1.5 million migrant domestic workers remain excluded from the 2005 Labor Law. As in years past, Asian embassies reported thousands of complaints from domestic workers forced to work 15 to 20 hours a day, seven days a week, and denied their salaries. Domestic workers, most of whom are women, frequently endure forced confinement, food deprivation, and severe psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

In December 2010, authorities made no attempts to rescue an Indonesian migrant domestic worker who had worked for 10 years without pay and whose sponsors were “renting” her out to other houses, according to one Saudi woman who informed authorities. In November 2010, authorities in Abha, southern Saudi Arabia, recovered the body of Kikim Komalasari, a 36-year-old Indonesian domestic worker, bearing signs of extensive physical abuse. In September an appeals court overturned a three-year prison sentence for the employer found guilty of severely assaulting Sumiati Mustapa, her Indonesian domestic worker. In June the government beheaded Ruyati binti Sapubi, an Indonesian domestic worker convicted of murdering her employer who allegedly refused to allow binti Sapubi to return home. Courts sentenced another Indonesian domestic worker to death for killing her employer after he allegedly tried to rape her.

From
http://www.hrw.org/world-report-2012/world-report-2012-saudi-arabia

Some migrant workers experienced shocking treatment in Saudi Arabia's criminal justice system. For those migrants who were executed following unfair trials that lacked any form of transparency, it was their still-grieving families who provided us with pertinent information.

So much for the claim of fair treatment.
From http://www.refworld.org/docid/412ef32a4.html

The Philippines is checking on reports of abuse in Saudi Arabia’s crackdown on illegal workers after its citizens claimed they were “treated like animals”. Thousands are said to have been arrested as Riyadh allegedly seeks to create more jobs for locals.

Thirty Filipino workers expelled from Saudi Arabia returned home on Monday and said they were abused amid a crackdown on illegal immigrants.

AFP cited Yvonne Montefeo and Amor Roxas, who said that Saudi authorities “treated us like animals"and that their “feet were chained".

http://rt.com/news/saudi-arabia-illegal-migrants-272/

In November 2010, a 23-year-old maid named Sumiati Binti Salan Mustapa was admitted to the intensive-care unit of a hospital in Medina with severe bruises, cuts inflicted by scissors, and burns across her body from an iron. That same month, the body of another Indonesian maid, Kikim Komalasari, was found in a dumpster in the Saudi town of Abha. This past March, yet another Indonesian maid, Aan Darwati Binti Udin, was found dead in the home of her Saudi employer, leaving many to suspect that she was murdered.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2011/07/migrant-workers-saudi-arabia
This frequent? does not look like the work of a minor section of savages but a larger section that does not consider this treatment savage at all.

These are all reports of International organizations.. So much for proof. If there is a crackdown by Saudi Arabia on such treatment now it indicates a change in government attitude. It does not indicate a change in the attitude of Saudis vis-a-vis other races.

While I understand your reactions, respect your opinion and your interpretation to the situation, but what you said is untrue. If someone committed a crime he/she won't get away with it at all. Be it a Saudi, Polish or Qatari.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=2009011326557

It depends on what the authorities term as a crime if committed by a local - from what I hear the crime and the punishment varies when the offender is a local and when he's an outsider.

So I guess you can't provide any reliable information? Good, I will take this as a sign of defeat.

Proof is in the the puddng

Yeah that's what people say when they lack evidence :lol:

It is ridiculous to assume that Saudi Arabian official documents will contain such evidences

If you would like to sound ridiculous then be it, but we most certainly don't want to sound dull and dumb.

But what is more ridiculous than the assumption you came up with, is turning a blind eye to the evidence I presented which showed what kind of reactions has the " law enforcement " taken against such incidents.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=200805257407

Abusing prisoners? Let's see what this Canadian ex-prisoner had to say about this

http://m.gulfnews.com/canada-says-citizen-not-tortured-in-saudi-jail-1.417811

But guess who reported the news before anyone else? Well, it was the Saudi-based NSHR

https://defence.pk/threads/nshr-censures-assault-video.285078/

So, with that being said, there is no way on earth that someone could ignore the role the authority played in light of all these sets of issues and cases.

unless off course law enforcement also means selective enforcement.

Your sarcastic attitude demonstrates how frustrated someone can really be when they lack concrete facts.

Instead, you bring up reports from people who probably don't know where KSA is located :lol: Funnily enough, RT - which you quoted - had always been spreading lies about all Russian-unfriendly states

These are all reports of International organizations

Here I must toe down a little bit for a laugh. I never knew that RT & Economist are experts on human right :lol: .. Both functions as propaganda machines to achieve geo-political goals in one way or the other.

So much for proof

So much of a proof from RT :lol:

It does not indicate a change in the attitude of Saudis vis-a-vis other races.

Let just refrain from generalizing when we lack facts. There are 20 million something of them, and no one can say that all of them are as good as gold or as bad as a rotten tomato :lol:

I've already stated that I won't reply back for the sake of argument, but when someone goes astray, sometimes we have to jump in to pave up the way, once and for all.

Now the air is clear.

Cheers

Proof is in the the puddng. It is ridiculous to assume that Saudi Arabian official documents will contain such evidences.. unless off course law enforcement also means selective enforcement.

But lets start.

From
http://www.hrw.org/world-report-2012/world-report-2012-saudi-arabia

So much for the claim of fair treatment.
From http://www.refworld.org/docid/412ef32a4.html

http://rt.com/news/saudi-arabia-illegal-migrants-272/

http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2011/07/migrant-workers-saudi-arabia
This frequent? does not look like the work of a minor section of savages but a larger section that does not consider this treatment savage at all.

These are all reports of International organizations.. So much for proof. If there is a crackdown by Saudi Arabia on such treatment now it indicates a change in government attitude. It does not indicate a change in the attitude of Saudis vis-a-vis other races.

It depends on what the authorities term as a crime if committed by a local - from what I hear the crime and the punishment varies when the offender is a local and when he's an outsider.

Have it your way sir.

Back
Top Bottom