What's new

Many countries express interest in JF-17 Thunder

interesting.PAF might opt for yet another aircraft development with china in future

interesting.PAF might opt for yet another aircraft development with china in future

May be signals of J-2x or J-31 ... :undecided:

Contrary to your thinking, JF-17 being single engined and nobody not knowing how reliable the Chinese engine is will only further delay interests of this jet. Whatever people may say and whatever the needs of the Chinese, not having this plane in their own AF after design and development will raise eyebrows. PAF may be the only AF using JF17 for a while. My opinion ..you dont have to agree.

Chinese engines equip Chinese aircraft in PAF inventory and there had been no issues, as far as I know :)

Chinese engines equip Chinese aircraft in PAF inventory and there had been no issues, as far as I know :)

AFAIK Jf-17 still uses RD-93 so which aircrafts r u talking about exactly, F-7...:lol:

"In addition, Khan said that the Pakistan Air Force has also been eyeing other Chinese military planes and may take part in the development of other aircraft in the future"

This is rather interesting.

"In addition, Khan said that the Pakistan Air Force has also been eyeing other Chinese military planes and may take part in the development of other aircraft in the future"

This is rather interesting.

Come on now guys, first there is no money for a relatively simple thing like IFR, soething that they had supposedly planned for from the initial design, now there is money to participate in other projects -- heads I win, tails you lose?

Better Pakistan keep Jf-17 for itself . India already has a good experience with F16s .

Well, I am sick today caught cold from yesterday, so I am not going to reply you in detail.

But regarding the Mig-29, you are wrong, (well, you are right with that figure but that's for naval version of Mig-29, ie Mig-29K)

according to this, the reported price of the Mig-29 at 1999 is 11 millions, and the upgrade per planes to UPG or SMT standard is 15.5 millions per piece in 2008. Totalling 25-27 millions with training and spares

How much does a MiG-29K, MiG-29SMT and a MiG-29B really Cost?

The sale for the newly made Mig-29K is 33.3 millions a piece with upgrade and parts.

From the source:

Hence the average cost of a single MiG-29K is $46.9 million

That's the system cost, now a new Mig 29SMT for the air force and with less customisations might come around $35 millions, which is still roughly $10 to 15 millions more expensive than a JF 17 for exports might be. Add the higher operational costs and a lot countries that searchers for cheap 4th gen multi role fighter will opt for the JFT. It's actually the perfect successor of the Mig 21, single engine, cost-effective interceptor and comes in a time where not much similar oppnents are available. The main opponent might be of the same origin, with the J10, similar cost as the Mig 29, but cheaper to operate and more capable by design, which puts it between JFT and the Mig in a cost vs capability comparison.
The west have mainly more expensive, but also more capable fighters to offer. Most of them not available, or affordable for African countries, which again should increase the chances for Chinese fighters. But at the end, most of this deals are decided by politics, which can turn everything again.

... but no one has bought it yet.

How is Pakistan going to manufacture and deliver the aircrafts to it's customers on time when there's an energy crises in the country?

Back
Top Bottom