What's new

Massive fire guts popular clothing market in Bangladesh capital

There is no hope with the current crop of politicians who are in bed with such vested quarters hence what I am proposing will likely not materialise before Dhaka is razed to the ground by an overdue major Earthquake and the massive fireballs the shocks would trigger through displacement of disorganised electricity, gas and sewerage lines.

To be able to fix our road and utility networks, we must relocate people and demolish structures standing in the way.
Old Dhaka should be the starting point.
As for making up for financial losses to private entities, this has to addressed by a combination of personal responsibility, government acquisitions and incentives to relocate.

As soon as you relocate the capital and force headquarters of government agencies out, this will trigger a snowball of private sector relocations.
The government wouls have to incentivise the biggest conglomerates to lead the way and others would follow.

I like your planning brother. :-)

Actually the sequence of these disaster and recovery events should be tested out by the Mayors of Dhaka, Chittagong and larger cities every year. using every govt. agency involved.

I am sure cities in Japan have this tabletop scenario planned and tested every quarter or at least every year, involving all public safety groups including fire and civil defense.

Last edited:
I like your planning brother. :-)

Actually the sequence of these disaster recovery events should be tested out by the Mayors of Dhaka, Chittagong and larger cities every year.

I am sure cities in Japan have this tabletop scenario planned and tested every quarter or at least every year, involving all public safety groups including fire and civil defense.
Unfortunately, the mayors of our cities are toothless tigers. The relevant government agencies do not report into them. The mayors can run all the working groups they like but real change would only come when the PM takes initiative.

Back
Top Bottom