What's new

Mayhem in Karachi - Karachiites trap CJ at Airport

There is nothing like the law doesnt allow it, Charges can be public .
I cant believe how easily you give a clean chit to Musharraf, i am sure he is no angel.
The case has yet to formally start off against the CJ. It was just a reference till now. Different rules.

Is CJ justified to take a political rally to drive up his support. Shudnt he leave that to the politial parties alone?

Regardless of CJ's rally.. why the f is MQM allowed to have its own militia's running all over the city? Where was the police?

Mind you, unlike past this has been captured on camera and was yesterdays top headline on BBC World News and other international media. Karachi is Pakistan's economic capital and this will hurt investments hugely!

To put the whole blame on CJ is stupidity. CJ led no rally, he didnt ask the political parties to come, he didnt leave the airport.

This was preplanned by the terrorist organisation MQM. They warned CJ coz of terrorism threats and asked him to cancel his visit. If there was any terror threat from a third party why didnt MQM delay or postpone its rally.

Why was Aaj tv attacked when it showed MQM thugs firing at opposition parties

MQM altaf hussien is supposed to be very close to India.

Actually MQM clearly said that CJ is welcome to pay a visit to Karachi. They wanted to gain support, a little of what so ever through CJ by rallies.

Its all because of interference of gaining public support through this issue, and thats where it all got dirty.

Is CJ justified to take a political rally to drive up his support. Shudnt he leave that to the politial parties alone?

If an army chief can be countrys president, if COAS can make a CJ nonfunctional, if head of intelligence agencies can force the CJ to resign, if IGP and SSP can manhandle CJ then i strongly believe CJ is justified in leading political rallies.

But so far he has not addressed any political gathering. He has only attended bar association meetings and has never made any political statement

MQM altaf hussien is supposed to be very close to India.
He's an ally of Musharraf and has done his bidding by thwarting the CJ's rally. However with the kind of violence we saw, it will only push the people's opinion farther from Musharraf.

Same can be said about the Army Chief too. Why does the Army have the right to indulge in Politics?

The CJ can visit wherever he likes, the violence we saw the MQM perpetrate is not justified whatsoever!

I think the discussion is ignoring the larger impact this will have for Pakistan as an investment destination.

30 people have been killed, is the violence over, or is it still continuing

Police/Forces have been a mute spectator to this, karachi anticipated this and had a huge force built up, but yet they didnt make a move, making the administration directly responsible for this mayhem

Investments will definitly take a hit, the World News channels were showing them 24/7.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom