What's new

MBDA offered Taurus missile for su-30

what is price of this missile and is this missile has ability to destroy submarine

Yes it can destroy submarine, only when submarine is not submerged.. :D .. No dude, it can not bring down submarine.. Its bunker buster like "Daisy cutter". It is subsonic.

@ cost : 600 ordered for the Luftwaffe for €570 million[9] Deliveries ended on December 2010. I missile cost near to 1.1 million USD.

Brahmos : Cruise missile, Supersonic. Brahmos is not made as bunker buster.. :)

Yes it can destroy submarine, only when submarine is not submerged.. :D .. No dude, it can not bring down submarine.. Its bunker buster like "Daisy cutter". It is subsonic.

@ cost : 600 ordered for the Luftwaffe for €570 million[9] Deliveries ended on December 2010. I missile cost near to 1.1 million USD.

Brahmos : Cruise missile, Supersonic. Brahmos is not made as bunker buster.. :)

brahmos is enough to take frigate or group of buildings. Instead of wasting an awesome piece for bunkers or ..... better option will be TAURUS..

This is not a done deal..There are some other contenders also...

DELILAH

Brahmos Cruise Missile + Taurus missile + SU 30 MKI = Enemy go to Hell

Brahmos is Cruise Missile which is more faster and Deadlier than Taurus but Cost and Accuracy that matters.

Requirement is not as great as it is made out to be..Most probably will be used on Jaguar (upgraded ) and MRCA...
MKI can also use this but the main standoff missile for MKI should be NIRBHAY and BRAHMOS...
At a much later stage ALCM could also be used..
The biggest operator of this missile is germany, around 600. I am not sure how desperatley IAF needs it but if IAF is doesnot decides to go for Perseua or some other new missile and decides to stick to brahmos and the one purchased via this contract, then i think the number might even reach 1000.

Has anyone heard about a Rafael/DRDO planned 600km-range ALCOM missile ? It will bear resemblance to the French ASMP missile and can be used from any fighter jet, its just like taurus or scalp and will be tested in 2013.

Because Brahmos Corp. has failed to provide a smaller and lighter missile

Says who? The airlaunched Brahmos itself will be smaller and lighter than the land or sea based version and the CEO of IRKUT confirmed even last year, that an even lighter version is already under development, that will provide MKI the capacity to carry 3 of them and Pak Fa / FGFA possibly 2 (externally of course).
And we should get our basic missile developments done first, because Astra and HELINA are very important as well!

^^^
yeah thats true but it is still the heaviest among all the air launched cruise missile.

Has anyone heard about a Rafael/DRDO planned 600km-range ALCOM missile ? It will bear resemblance to the French ASMP missile and can be used from any fighter jet, its just like taurus or scalp and will be tested in 2013.
I'm against importing Taurus.
I remember , Dr Kalam as saying that India has to move out of buyer syndrome. if indigenous development is not possibile, then co-development is the way forward like Bhramos, Pak-FA , Kaveri, Barak-II etc.
After MMRCA, India should not buy any major arnament unless extreme reasons are there.
To be a powerful country , we have to have a good & capable defence manufacturing industry .

Back
Top Bottom