What's new

MIG-21 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot dies

flying coffins indian must to replace mig 21 by tejas
Yes these are really flying coffins .
By the way what can we do with Mig21 other than numerical superiority.
But any way i agree to the fact that ...
Increase MRCA to 200 or replace them with more Suhkois or Migs.

What's so special about this?MiG 21 crashes are not rare.Anyway Type 96's will be retired in 2-3 years.

why not they put all the mig-21 in reserve and they will only use when any urgency come.

why not they put all the mig-21 in reserve and they will only use when any urgency come.

We are short of the ideal number of squadrons as it is. Placing these rust buckets in reserve would mean a severely depleted air force.

Yes these are really flying coffins .
By the way what can we do with Mig21 other than numerical superiority.
But any way i agree to the fact that ...
Increase MRCA to 200 or replace them with more Suhkois or Migs.
RIP to the dead .

I will not go all the way by this notion that "Mig 21's are flying coffins and all fault lies in them" If one thinks so he has to come out from this mentality and think again
There are many other variables involved in it like pilot training, maintenance and management skills. Its not far fetched thing that so far IAF is lacking any solid trainer aircrafts we know that they have locally built aircrafts but its known fact what they are upto , no matter how much sophisticated fighter you have if your base is not good you cant proceed , IAF has to first focus on base than go step by step instead of intermingling everything.Also its worthy of noticing that pilots who are coming out from such training its really hard for them to fly an aircraft like MIG-21 which is really one of the hardest aircrafts to fly around .

You can't blame solely mig-21's coz they are beasts of there time and still worthy , Remember what USAF had to say about mig-21 bisons during exercise? there were impressed by the bisons performance. Also don't forget that till today many airforces are flying these mig-21's or there variants in large numbers and there crash rate is much much lower than IAF , Abig exampple to quote will be PLAAF ,they are flying around 500 mig-21 based F-7's

Even the smallest and most ill-equipped airforces from small countries have successfully maintained mig-21's and avoidied such high crashes which IAF has failed to do so , so the problem also lies withing the procedure IAF uses

I do not have the number of sorties and hours flying on each MIG as compared to an F7 but if that number is close to the same then it is the air force that is giving the go ahead for the pilot to sit in the plane, not the government.

i think we should start inducting LCA as it now and customize it as iaf want and upgrade them later upgrade them with indigenous system when available
we must quick induct trainer jet as soon as possible .. better training will surely minimize rate of crashes
my salute to pilot

Agree, yes we also operate a large number of mig-21 based F-7's ,though we also have few crashes throughout there life but ALHAMDOLILLAH over crash rate is much much less than IAF migs ,

F-7 is based on Mig-21 but is atleat 20 years younger than the Mig. Talk to us may be after10 years.

The pilot was only a flying officer, so young......
RIP .......blue skies..........

Back
Top Bottom