What's new

Mig 35 for Iraq

It's better for you guys to go with a different European fighter or American fighter as the Russians have a shoddy after sale history when it comes to spares and engine problems, that is unless you can produce your own spare parts which I doubt Iraq has the industry to do so. the Eurofighter and F-18 are the best choices imo if your looking at capability and after sale commitments.

Are you seriously putting the US industry in par with the shitty stuff Russia make :lol:
It's better for you guys to go with a different European fighter or American fighter as the Russians have a shoddy after sale history when it comes to spares and engine problems, that is unless you can produce your own spare parts which I doubt Iraq has the industry to do so. the Eurofighter and F-18 are the best choices imo if your looking at capability and after sale commitments.
These Aircrafts cost an arm and leg bro, for a nation in the making like Iraq things are totally different from your traditional allies.

Are you seriously putting the US industry in par with the shitty stuff Russia make :lol:

These Aircrafts cost an arm and leg bro, for a nation in the making like Iraq things are totally different from your traditional allies.

Its not the money which is the biggest obstacle as they can spread it over the budget of several years, its that the west is not willing to sell Iraq the latest BVR weapons, the US is not willing to which probably means France will be the same. As Iraq is buying from Russia the US suddenly is willing to sell Iraq Apaches which first they would not, now Iraq is asking for more weaponry to control its airspace if the US wants them to stop Iranian flights said in a news report, they probably try to use this to get weapons.

Not exactly in terms of long term future requirements countries like the US France and Germany are/would be willling to give the necessary tools to support a local Iraqi industrial base the Russians regardless of their aircraft capability have issues with spares themselves and their export countries. The reason this would be is because they may to give Iraq a decent air capability to act as a counter force against Iran in the region. I believe KSA uses the eurofighters as well and for good reason because of the capability and long term support agreements with Eurofighter gmbh

According to this its able to compete in 5th generation

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,

If money doesn't remain to be an obstacle for Iraq to acquire hi-tech equipments, the US will choose either to match Iraq's need, otherwise the Iraqis will go after Russian equipments for sure. This is the only way to settle the score. China offers a wide range of equipments as well.

Its not the money which is the biggest obstacle as they can spread it over the budget of several years, its that the west is not willing to sell Iraq the latest BVR weapons, the US is not willing to which probably means France will be the same. As Iraq is buying from Russia the US suddenly is willing to sell Iraq Apaches which first they would not, now Iraq is asking for more weaponry to control its airspace if the US wants them to stop Iranian flights said in a news report, they probably try to use this to get weapons.

Go for Su-35.

Superior than Mig-35 in almost every aspect, you get weapons and spares without restrictions. Same supplier country (Russia), less reliant on the West.

Will U.S sell any F-15 to Iraq? It would be great. Also Iraq can look for Rafael or Typhoon. Su-35 also can be a good choice.With these options, Iraqi army can become third best air force in ME after RSAF and IAF in terms of equipment.

Joke ?

IAF has equipment (that works) ?
I thought UAE had a decent list of birds and resources after RSAF.

@Topic Iraq is already integrating some US planes (F-16 and transport). It is a task enough to integrate one platform rather than to open another front and try to integrate a russian platform at the same time.

Go for Su-35.

Superior than Mig-35 in almost every aspect, you get weapons and spares without restrictions. Same supplier country (Russia), less reliant on the West.

Su35 is more multi role capable than Mig35 but Su35 price is about 70 million where Mig35 about 35-40 million.

Salman :lol: he meant the Israeli Air Force, not Iran's

Joke ?

IAF has equipment (that works) ?
I thought UAE had a decent list of birds and resources after RSAF.

@Topic Iraq is already integrating some US planes (F-16 and transport). It is a task enough to integrate one platform rather than to open another front and try to integrate a russian platform at the same time.

It doesn't matter how many Aircrafts Iraq gets, what matter is that will Iraq get the equipments it needs from the US?

Salman :lol: he meant the Israeli Air Force, not Iran's

It doesn't matter how many Aircrafts Iraq gets, what matter is that will Iraq get the equipments it needs from the US?

Ah ... fasting is getting to me ....

@ Salman

All our neighbours with NATO equipment have the latest air to air weapons while the US does not want to sell those to Iraq, therefor its a bad choice to order more ( currently 36 ).

I doubt that will be the case. There must be more to this story than this.

I have great hopes from Iraq, many many hopes. Iraq will not need weapons. One day.

Ah ... fasting is getting to me ....

I doubt that will be the case. There must be more to this story than this.

I have great hopes from Iraq, many many hopes. Iraq will not need weapons. One day.

Since Iraq gone to Russia the US is willing to sell more weapons, they need to try to get the US sell AIM 120 and AIM9X, by then the F16s will be effective, ofcourse its still the US we are talking about, there has to be a 2nd fighter from a different source as we cannot rely on them for spare parts and weaponry. We have a bad recent history with them compared to the other Arab states.
We in the heart of the middle east man.. no weapons means we will be a proxy war, atleast now they got control and the terrorists are only doing hit and run attacks, we need a lot of weaponry mostly to deter.

mig35 is more like a trial plane it is not full operational
better go for su30 35

Not exactly in terms of long term future requirements countries like the US France and Germany are/would be willling to give the necessary tools to support a local Iraqi industrial base the Russians regardless of their aircraft capability have issues with spares themselves and their export countries. The reason this would be is because they may to give Iraq a decent air capability to act as a counter force against Iran in the region. I believe KSA uses the eurofighters as well and for good reason because of the capability and long term support agreements with Eurofighter gmbh

It ended with Mig series I believe. The latest Su-XX series are giving good performance without any service problems.

Back
Top Bottom