What's new

Mikhail Gorbachev has passed away

A hero in the west, but won't be pretty in the Russian history book. as a guy single handedly destroyed his own country.

Thank God at that time, China got Deng xiaoping , not Gorbachev

file-20210607-8878-iyhex5.jpg

Soviet Union was the enemy of Pakistan. Good riddance.

Gorbachev destroyed USSR. This move was beneficial to Russia which off loaded ethnic non Russians. It also made post USSR Russia an enemy of the Anglos and a vassal of the Chinese.

Gorbachev didn't end the cold war, he ended one superpower which can take on US, on the US side, cold war will never end, it will take whoever being able to challenge their dominance into a cold war, old or new. Gorbachev took one competitor out of the equation for sometime, he doesn't deserve the credit of so called ending the cold war.

Because it’s economy collapsed
Russia's economy was way way better than China's back then, which just came out of the cultural revolution, it's their drastic policies which made their economy collapsed.

China's GDP: 309.5 billion USD (1985)
USSR's GDP : $2.2 trillion(1985)

Condolences to his family. RIP Mir Gorbachev!

USSR threatened to invade Pakistan after it was done with Afghanistan ....

He helped get rid of the menace that was the USSR .. for that I will always be grateful !!

Condolences to his family. RIP Mir Gorbachev!

USSR threatened to invade Pakistan after it was done with Afghanistan ....

He helped get rid of the menace that was the USSR .. for that I will always be grateful !!
Well, looks like History repeated itself.

Putin is also bringing Russia into the drain, plus he managed to do what NATO cannot do in the last 50 years........getting Sweden and Finland to its side. I mean, for that, NATO will always be grateful...

There is no such thing as a friend or enemy its all about interests....

Well yes and no. Sometimes there will ALWAYS be particular people and nation(s) that will ALWAYS be your enemies NO matter what.

China is far more powerful than USSR population wise. Remember, British empire and French empire collapsed well before Russian empire / USSR did. The US did not win the Cold War.

Putin is also bringing Russia into the drain, plus he managed to do what NATO cannot do in the last 50 years........getting Sweden and Finland to its side. I mean, for that, NATO will always be grateful...

Russia will disappear as country by end of 2022.

The open question is who gets what peices of Russia.

Putin will bring Russia to grave like Gorbachev brought USSR to grave. Both don’t understand how to run the economy. Putin is a man of the past he is nothing more than an ex Soviet spy.

Back
Top Bottom