What's new

Miracle Miracle - Farooq Sattar, Mustafa Kamal join MQM-P

It's a tough place to be but I think the system is pushing towards a revolution.
This reminds me of that JFK quote

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."​

IK wants the fruits of revolution (we all do) without the risks and pain of revolution. That's a hard bargain.

Yes it can go for ever untill the patient dies.

Establishment will be like this until the country breaks like it did in 1971

Exactly! People don't seem to understand that even a sinking ship can't get everyone to change. Some are so blinded by their flawed beliefs and their greed that they keep thinking it'll be okay until they are literally underwater and drowning, at which point it's too late.

There is absolutely no guarantee that things magically improve when we hit rock bottom. Many states just fail and become total banana republics. We're almost there.

God as my witness, in all of my years, I have heard this statement every few years. I have never believed in it as it seldom works around the world. We need to act and behave like insaan kay bacchay and set our own house in order incrementally. Just like no one savior is coming to elevate Pakistan, there is no "revolution" that will set Pakistan right.
World hasnt seen a proper revolution since the French/Bolshevik Revolution.

Seen plenty of JI and its aligned student parties (IJT) in Karachi and Pakistan since the 70s. None of it was good. If anything, all other student federations got their dirty ideas from IJT's shenanigans including the idiots in PSF, APMSO etc.

Pakistani public will never change. This same Jamat Islami party was openly calling TTP and co as mujahdeens and calling them martyrs but Pakistani public sees them as their savers. These types of Islamic groups were always supported by the state to divide the people on the bases of sects and then use them to secure their rule.

IK wants the fruits of revolution (we all do) without the risks and pain of revolution. That's a hard bargain.
I think you are right.
Revolutions are never pretty but if things keep going this way, IK will have to lead one.

Gen Asim's case is like that of Hazrat Umar RA at the time of embracing Islam.

When Hazrat Umar RA reached Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, he had sword in his hands. People were saying that if he had come with good intentions then well and good, otherwise they would remove his head with his own sword.

Gen Asim is sword of honor. Another sword of honor is waiting for him, or else people will use his own sword against him.

My personal assessment is that Gen Asim is destined to be the Umar III.

Gen Asim's case is like that of Hazrat Umar RA at the time of embracing Islam.

When Hazrat Umar RA reached Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, he had sword in his hands. People were saying that if he had come with good intentions then well and good, otherwise they would remove his head with his own sword.

Gen Asim is sword of honor. Another sword of honor is waiting for him, or else people will use his own sword against him.

My personal assessment is that Gen Asim is destined to be the Umar III.

Based on...?

There is no change of anything, no punishment for the previous traitor, etc.

In all likelihood this is the work of establishment. And Asim bhai is the COAS at the moment. I don’t see any course correction from the good old days of Bajwa.

Another failed project in the making and Karachiites will have to pick up the pieces. The city has already gone to the dogs.

No concept of justice and sending terrorists to the gallows. Always sidelining them to be used later. What a country.

A woefully ignorant post even by the normal standards. Extremism is a relative term in Pakistani context and if one is insistent on it's true manifestation, no need to look further than the sensitive institution of the country.

Naimatullah Khan's tenure was praised by non-muslim "kafir" like Cowasjee who also derieded Mustafa Kamal's tenure in comparison as nothing but a dog and pony show. Liyari expressway, funding for mohalla libraries and sports grounds made it to the intended target and not siphoned off along with all the Bhatta collection to buy bhai's and other haq parast leaderaN real estate portfolios in London's Edgeware and Dubai...
most of these, including SQ8 are brainwashed liberals who will kill anyone with a beard if it was up to them. i still remember his comment on a post from when navy invited scholars from different schools of thought to dockyard. the khooni liberal wanted a brahmos to strike the ship they were praying on. he is nothing but a hate-filled extremist himself.

also, on point: JI's tenure also saw establishment of numerous schools and colleges across Karachi, as well as model parks (all of the people making fun of these parks in the past now cry that there is no greenery in khi, when their favorite parties grabbed them and sold the land), establishment of Karachi institute of heart diseases, development of K-3 project that still provides water to khi, green busses, signal free corridor etc. but since he is blinded by his hatred of anything remotely related to religion, he will ignore all of this.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom