What's new

Miracle Miracle - Farooq Sattar, Mustafa Kamal join MQM-P

PSP.jpg

The former Karachi Mayor announced that the PSP would “merge with the MQM-P”, adding that they would work under Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, who is the MQM-P convener.

Referring to the political vacuum, Kamal admitted that they had differences and expressed them openly, adding that the people of Karachi would have to “leave their comfort zones”.

“Karachi feeds the entire country. Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) haven’t done anything for the province,” he said, adding that Karachi and Sindh would soon witness the results of today’s announcement.

The only viable option for Karachi voters and one that has always been there from day one is JI.

Yet Karachites will ignore it, in fact scorn JI and then blame others for their miseries.
Lol - yes, the only viable option for Karachi folks is a quasi extremist party whose only accomplishment when given power during Musharraf’s days was to plant Date trees to try and turn Karachi “Islamic”.

Lol - yes, the only viable option for Karachi folks is a quasi extremist party whose only accomplishment when given power during Musharraf’s days was to plant Date trees to try and turn Karachi “Islamic”.
Seen plenty of JI and its aligned student parties (IJT) in Karachi and Pakistan since the 70s. None of it was good. If anything, all other student federations got their dirty ideas from IJT's shenanigans including the idiots in PSF, APMSO etc.

A woefully ignorant post even by the normal standards. Extremism is a relative term in Pakistani context and if one is insistent on it's true manifestation, no need to look further than the sensitive institution of the country.

Naimatullah Khan's tenure was praised by non-muslim "kafir" like Cowasjee who also derieded Mustafa Kamal's tenure in comparison as nothing but a dog and pony show. Liyari expressway, funding for mohalla libraries and sports grounds made it to the intended target and not siphoned off along with all the Bhatta collection to buy bhai's and other haq parast leaderaN real estate portfolios in London's Edgeware and Dubai...

Meanwhile, IK: the system is rigged, the status quo is rotten, the Establishment is above the law and out of control, political engineering is at its peak, the courts are powerless and can't protect you, the ECP is compromised (only an idiot could disagree with this assessment of Pakistan's situation)

Also IK: I will get elected through this system.

#logic
It's a tough place to be but I think the system is pushing towards a revolution.
This reminds me of that JFK quote

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."​

It's a tough place to be but I think the system is pushing towards a revolution.
This reminds me of that JFK quote

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."​

The same revolution that has been coming since 1947 in this godforsaken country?

The same revolution that has been coming since 1947 in this godforsaken country?
You're not wrong for being cynical.
But something has to give. This can't go on forever.

You're not wrong for being cynical.
But something has to give. This can't go on forever.
God as my witness, in all of my years, I have heard this statement every few years. I have never believed in it as it seldom works around the world. We need to act and behave like insaan kay bacchay and set our own house in order incrementally. Just like no one savior is coming to elevate Pakistan, there is no "revolution" that will set Pakistan right.

God as my witness, in all of my years, I have heard this statement every few years. I have never believed in it as it seldom works around the world. We need to act and behave like insaan kay bacchay and set our own house in order incrementally. Just like no one savior is coming to elevate Pakistan, there is no "revolution" that will set Pakistan right.

Honestly, we just have to look at history to learn all we need to learn.
In 1910 the Russian Tsars were the most powerful kings in Europe. They had a grip so strong on their peasants that no one in their right minds thought they would ever fall to a revolution. 10 years later they are being executed one by one.
Pak establishment needs to read more history.

Almost all estranged leaders belonging to different factions join hands to give PTI tough time in elections​

After years of differences, Pak Sarzameen Party Chairman Mustafa Kamal and Muttahida Qaumi Movement Restoration Committee Chief Dr Farooq Sattar have joined the Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) on Thursday.

MQM-P Convener Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, addressing a press conference alongside the top brass of the party, said the "graveness" of the situation in Sindh's urban areas requires all people to join hands

Siddiqui said: "It is important that under the circumstances, the people, whose families laid down their lives for Pakistan's formations, should come together for a historic struggle."

The MQM-P leader said that the elements who wished to divide the nation are disappointed and vowed that the rejuvenated MQM-P would live up to the dreams of the masses and strive for urban cities' development.

"I welcome you all — Kamal, Sattar, and their aides. I hope that all of you will strive for the nation," the former federal minister for information and technology added.

In response to a question from a journalist, the MQM-P convener said that the party would not allow the staging of the upcoming local body polls — a move that will invite criticism from opposing parties.

'Important day'​

Speaking on the occasion, Kamal said this day will be remembered in history as an “important day” as certain decisions would be taken today that are “unthinkable”.

“If we [the MQM-P leaders] talk about ourselves, then we have taken such unthinkable decisions in the past as well, which were beyond people’s comprehension,” he said, recalling that when he left MQM founder Altaf Hussain on August 14, 2013, he was a senator and the member of the Rabta committee.

He clarified that he had no personal differences with Hussain and that the decision to leave the party was completely based on political differences.

Walking the journalists down the events that took place in the past, Kamal recalled that in October 2013, then-member of the Rabta committee Anees Qaimkhani left Hussain’s party, and for three years both leaders remained silent.

“On March 3, 2016, we [Kamal and Qaimkhani] came to Karachi and bluntly spoke the truth, which was once again in the wider interest of the Muhajir cause,” he said.

MQM-P warns PDM

A day earlier, leaders of the Karachi-based party asked Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif to tell them whether or not he was responsible for the situation of the port city and Hyderabad so that the party could accordingly decide about staying with or leaving the federal government.

The party convener had said that the pre-poll rigging had been done in the urban areas of Sindh. The state could not conduct a proper census, he said, adding that the urban areas of Sindh earned 97% of the province’s revenue but others stole it.

He claimed that the Pakistan Peoples Party had made union committees (UC) inclusive of 30,000 voters in areas dominated by its supporters while the number of voters in a UC in Mohajir-dominated areas was more than 90,000. “This is clear violation of the law.”

More to follow…
https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/1029889-farooq-sattar-mustafa-kamal-join-mqm-p

@Areesh , @El Sidd , @PaklovesTurkiye @Olympus81 @Jango @SQ8
Baba kodda described very well :lol:

Back
Top Bottom