What's new

Mitt Romney says Israeli Culture is more superior than Palestinans

I have lived in UAE for over 12 years, have experienced more than I wanted of Arab history. The Israelis there gave me a good idea of Israeli culture too. Over all, I dislike Arab culture thoroughly but I still wouldn't claim Israeli culture is any better from what I've experienced (Notwithstanding my friend, but then you have good Arabs too)
And once again, i repeat: "The Google and the Facebook". How you've become friends with an Israeli is a mystery, and why you think UAE even allows Israeli people to visit is another.

Israel and UAE have no diplomatic relations. Now you say you've been living in the UAE for over 12 years and you've met Israelis there who gave you a good idea of the Israeli culture... You see the contradictions there?

BTW, a little Background info of the two Republican Presidential Candidates, good read:

Tale of Two Candidates – Ron Paul & Mitt Romney

By David Terry

Hey there boys and girls, let’s take a stroll down memory lane and listen to a story. We even have pictures, because pictures always make story time more fun.

This is the story of two presidential candidates and the very different lives that have led them to where they are today.

Here we have a young Mitt Romney, born into a wealthy and privileged family. Young Mitt spent his youth in country clubs, on the golf course, wearing expensive suits, and being groomed to follow in his father’s footsteps of wealth and political power.

dad_son_romney.jpg

Next we have a young Ron Paul, who grew up working in his father’s small dairy business, delivering newspapers, mowing lawns, working at a local drug store, working as a painter and a furniture mover. He saved up money from an early age and used it to begin his college education.

ronpaulkid01.jpg

During the Vietnam war, a young Mitt Romney spent his time protesting against the anti-war protesters. Luckily he had plenty of time to tell others that they should go to war, since he was exempt thanks to his position as a Mormon “missionary”. When he wasn’t scolding others for not wanting to be sent to war, he spent his free time riding his bike around France. He found, at the time, that it really helped him take his mind off of the thousands of his peers who were dying in a jungle in Southeast Asia.

romneybike.jpg

During this same time period, Ron Paul was serving as a flight surgeon with the United States Air Force. It wasn’t easy for him, since he had a wife and two small children at home, but when he was called to serve, he did.

ronpaulairforce.jpg

Mitt spent his time in the private sector working for consulting and investment companies, many times buying out companies, firing all their workers and selling off the assets. Oh sure, some people lost their jobs, but Mitt sure did make a lot of money. He was really good at making money, in fact, I guess you could say that he liked doing that more than just about anything. He was so good at making money, that he’s worth over $250 million now, so you know he can really relate to the rest of us, well the rest of us that are worth a quarter billion dollars anyway. Mitt Romney’s co-workers really liked him a lot, because he always put making money above anything else and they all got really rich too. Just look at how happy they all are with all that money.

romneybain01.jpg

romney-bain-capital-money-shot.jpg

Ron Paul spent his time in the private sector as a doctor. An OB/GYN to be exact. He delivered over 4000 babies into the world! His co-workers and patients loved him too, not because he made them all rich, but because he routinely provided discounted and free care to those that couldn’t afford it. He even refused to accept Medicare or Medicaid as payment, choosing instead to work for free. Silly Ron Paul, he could have made a whole lot more money if he didn’t have those silly principles of his.

ronpauldoc02.jpg

ronpauldoc01.jpg

Alright boys and girls, I think that’s enough story time for today. Maybe next time, I’ll tell you the story of their political careers and how they clashed head to head in an epic battle. That story is known as, ‘The Champion of Liberty vs. The Flip-Flopping Monster From Massachusetts’.

‘Til next time.

A Tale of Two Candidates – Ron Paul & Mitt Romney « The Blinders Removed

@truthseer: You are trying to convince PteX about Indians by taking Hitler's name. I liked this girl's bitchiness (all offense intended).

Anyways, We Indians are enough intelligent to understand value of person and respect certain aspect of one. I respect Mr Jinnah as he fought Bhagat Singh's case going out of bounds but did not like his idea of carving a nation based on religion. Similarly we might like few traits of Hitler like ambitiousness and to do good for his country but by all means we hate his act of Holocaust and hatred towards Jews. We love Israel for their response to 3 countries at the same time and demolish it and having max number of researches anywhere in the world. To get the respect you have to do something.

I have lived in UAE for over 12 years, have experienced more than I wanted of Arab history. The Israelis there gave me a good idea of Israeli culture too. Over all, I dislike Arab culture thoroughly but I still wouldn't claim Israeli culture is any better from what I've experienced (Notwithstanding my friend, but then you have good Arabs too)

I thought Israeli's were not allowed to enter the country? :undecided:

And once again, i repeat: "The Google and the Facebook". How you've become friends with an Israeli is a mystery, and why you think UAE even allows Israeli people to visit is another.

Israel and UAE have no diplomatic relations. Now you say you've been living in the UAE for over 12 years and you've met Israelis there who gave you a good idea of the Israeli culture... You see the contradictions there?

PteX, almost each and every Israeli acquaintance of mine carries multiple passports - if it's a norm or not, I'm unsure!

Maybe, the ones working or staying in UAE do the same?

When they are presidential hopefuls, they try to out compete their rivals in licking Israel's back end. Once they are president, they slavishly submit to Israel interests. But their bravado and their fury only descend on muslim countries.

They are not as big as many of us believe them to be. But they have a lot of capacity to destroy - both lives and countries.

IF Obama wins a second term then he may not be so lenient on Israelis. In this term, he is effectively put in the place by The Lobby.

BTW, forget the Pakistani bloggers here. Mitt's remarks about the 'culture' had a very strong anti-Mitt/Israel reaction in the Comments part of the NYTimes. Eyes are opening...

PteX, almost each and every Israeli acquaintance of mine carries multiple passports - if it's a norm or not, I'm unsure!

Maybe, the ones working or staying in UAE do the same?
Most governmental affairs with UAE are secretive and under the table, that way they can be as Arab as the rest of them while still making themselves richer. Israelis are not allowed to visit the UAE without special permissions, mostly just "unofficial" visits.

It's all about whose wallet you fatten.

Dear poster,

Now you are judging his heart? his faith? Have you been appointed by a divine power to figure out what kind of worship is he doing?

peace

dear commentator,
thanks for your thoughts, for the sake for clarity and all its worth I must tell you that I am using the American first rule of modern times.

"guilty until proven innocent"

so I have as much equal rights to doubt his real intentions as the Western media & opinion makers make about Muslim families that all their actions are either terrorism or its support whenever they give charity, go for prayers or go out shopping or for air travel

and NO, I dont have to be appointed by any divine power to have this reactionary approach. its a common trait of normal human being.

peace to you too

Most governmental affairs with UAE are secretive and under the table, that way they can be as Arab as the rest of them while still making themselves richer. Israelis are not allowed to visit the UAE without special permissions, mostly just "unofficial" visits.

It's all about whose wallet you fatten.

Well, I was just commenting about Israelis in UAE.

And come to think of it, I met one two months back in Dubai, albeit he was traveling on a German passport.

Regarding corruption, you don't need to tell me. All of ME region is infected with it, and Israel is no exception! In 2006 I heard a story about the son of the Mayor of Tel Aviv being involved in some huge real estate scam (I think his name was something ...... Sharon or maybe I'm forgetting!) And this was from one of my Israeli suppliers of MikroTik switches. The guy gave me real low-down on internal politics and rampant corruption in all corridors of politics in Israel (could be that this guy was disgruntled?) Before that I used to always admire that politics in Israel was all holy affair!

You may not be a Jew but i can help you understand what Romney did.

This is a sign of respect for Judaism and not an offense. Non-Jews put on the Kippah to show respect for their Jewish friends as there are quite a few Christians and other non-Jews living in Israel, and everywhere else with a sizable Jewish community for that matter.

I respect what you just said and I can relate to that. your examples include the ordinary non-Jewish people who respect the friendship of their Jewish colleagues and friends.

my question and judgement was directed at the political gain just before the elections. just notice how suddenly these politicians decide to visit the holy land before the elections.. the respect they are showing is actually residing in America that commands a certain power in the political outcome and major American policies.

what you said is commendable because you yourself are a good person. to be fair I must also point out at our own politicians who during election times decide to visit the holy shrines and offer prayers and lay floral tributes to win the political favors which is their primary concern. their regular conduct clearly shows that respecting faith while visiting such sites is hardly in their mind.

but hey, if such acts win your hearts then who am I to judge, good for him that he didnt have to do much to win the favors.
maybe Ahmedin Nijad should also make a visit to a Jewish site and show his respect and avoid a possible Israeli/ American attack on his country?

Well, I was just commenting about Israelis in UAE.

And come to think of it, I met one two months back in Dubai, albeit he was traveling on a German passport.

Regarding corruption, you don't need to tell me. All of ME region is infected with it, and Israel is no exception! In 2006 I heard a story about the son of the Mayor of Tel Aviv being involved in some huge real estate scam (I think his name was something ...... Sharon or maybe I'm forgetting!) And this was from one of my Israeli suppliers of MikroTik switches. The guy gave me real low-down on internal politics and rampant corruption in all corridors of politics in Israel (could be that this guy was disgruntled?) Before that I used to always admire that politics in Israel was all holy affair!
I was also referring to the UAE. Israelis are officially not allowed to set foot in the UAE but them being Israeli is overlooked when they have dual-passports and the money to pay for the blind eye.

About the corruption in Israel; It is very rare but like in any every other country in the world, it is there on one level or another.

I respect what you just said and I can relate to that. your examples include the ordinary non-Jewish people who respect the friendship of their Jewish colleagues and friends.

my question and judgement was directed at the political gain just before the elections. just notice how suddenly these politicians decide to visit the holy land before the elections.. the respect they are showing is actually residing in America that commands a certain power in the political outcome and major American policies.

what you said is commendable because you yourself are a good person. to be fair I must also point out at our own politicians who during election times decide to visit the holy shrines and offer prayers and lay floral tributes to win the political favors which is their primary concern. their regular conduct clearly shows that respecting faith while visiting such sites is hardly in their mind.

but hey, if such acts win your hearts then who am I to judge, good for him that he didnt have to do much to win the favors.
maybe Ahmedin Nijad should also make a visit to a Jewish site and show his respect and avoid a possible Israeli/ American attack on his country?
My heart is not so easy to win over. But what i was pointing out was that the Kippah on his head was a sign of respect as many of my non-Jewish friends show me and i show them. It's all about mutual respect.

Romney is simply more likeable than a President who has chosen to be hostile towards Israel for most of his presidency.

As to Ahmadinejad, he is not likely to visit Israel as a peace loving man in his lifetime it seems. Nor do i believe he is long for this world.

Yes, Israelis aren't allowed to enter UAE. But I'm pretty sure you've heard of having a dual passport?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom