What's new

Mixed marriages?

Well Islam isnt abt emotionally Driven people nor encourages this act. So by yr saying of Religions ''usually comes down to....'' in our context is not right. the indian Muslims or PDf members r not the only nor r referred as best Muslim examples.

So if they aren't...then do I ASSume you are.....since you so aptly are passing judgement, upon the rest, Muslims!

Let me explain, I don't have any problem with Pakistan being an Islamic country.

But I do distrust, and not encourage role of any religion in Indian politics or government.

Many of the Indian backward thinking comes from Indian religions. Hindus = superstitons

Muslims= intimidating their own women to not to go to higher studies etc.

What India needs is a rationalist bend to it's society.
u may keep yr believes upto Indian government etc........But the Muslims have our own social moral values and r liked when others interfere in them. BTW have u even tried to find out why Muslims stop their women for higher studies which r mostly studies in universities?? Its because of the illicit mingling of sexes in yr universities let me quote an example i was reading abt a Mumbai university and it claimed that abt 90% women who join the university r no more virgins when they leave or graduate from university. I dont remember the source nor the university's name as it was long back.

Now Muslims collectively r strickly against this type of 'mingling' that u call ''jungle main mangal'' in this case university main mangal. If yr government is really people Friendly and Secular then it should adress this issue by not influencing the muslims and attacking our moral/social values but to find a way in women specific educational or Company solutions. There r hindu families too who dont allow in fear of them mentioned above as well and so r sikh,jain even christian families in yr country so its not a muslim specific but yes more hardcore with in Muslims then others.

Now to find a Solution here r few suggestions;

1. We here in Pak also faced this problem so we started to build Women Colleges, Schools etc etc. It was difficult for us to sustain a women specific universities so we started this university in 60s Allama Iqbal Open University this is a very good university and is internationally recognized institution with a valid degree. It runs classes that u can do from homes so the women who r feared to go in universities can now study from their own homes its for both men and women and it even gives degrees in masters, bachelors and even Ph D in various subjects and also we have a new which can a decade or two ago called Virtual University who offeres education through internet and online means. Their lecture when its scheduled come on its website or is mailed to the pupil and they can get the lecture through video calls and if u miss then there is a Virtual university's TV channel in local cabel TVs where they keep on broad casting the lectures again and again to facilitate the students and it also has both male and female.This was started by Gen musharaf as he focused more on education and encouraged the intellectuals more and more on introducing the more practical and easy ways to get education for men and women by respecting their privacy. Now any Tom Dick and Harry and get education from this Robust and creative solution then attacking someone's moral/cultural values. The VU(virtual university) system is so good that many non Pak residents r also getting education from this system as they can always purchase a Dish and open VU's website.....its kind of like utube with online streaming and other uploaded videos can also be viewed in this case lectures.

2. If u still wish to see them in universities hen follow the example of Iran's Fatima University. Where there is no co-education even on higher learning.....Its all women University from a maid to faculty all r women. This problem is faced by all the Muslim countries as well so iran has came out with this solution.

I have u the ideas and now its upto u and yr government how creative they r and how much sincere they r with Muslims and in respecting their sensitive values.

We r usually not so emotionally driven people as u can see. If we have problems we have creative solutions too.

So if they aren't...then do I ASSume you are.....since you so aptly are passing judgement, upon the rest, Muslims!
off course im not hiding behind as im also a PDF member and i did mentioned that PDF members r not best examples.

Last edited:
I think it comes down to is among Desis, the woman is the honour of the family. Family does not like their daughter or sister to marry out of the religion or biradaree. It's the same with Muslims, they also do not like their daughters marrying a non Muslim. Sikhs are no different in this regard.

Yes Aamna, the story was on all networks of the US and then a very Popular show called "Dateline NBC" did a complete segment over the whole story how the Father and Brothers warned the girl not to marry this guy. But she was in love and went ahead with the marriage and ended up dead. The Indian Police recovered her body from a ditch by the roadside after her surviving Husband told the Police about the attack on them.

Forbidden love - Dateline NBC | NBC News

Jaswinder Kaur Sidhu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The boy in this case was not a Muslim rickshaw driver. He actually belonged to a Sikh family. In fact, he was even a former Sikh militant, but later was picked up by the police and tortured. Later he became clean shaven to evade detection since back then all bearded youth were picked up on suspicion.

Anyway, the story here is of the boy belonged to the same village as the girl's mother. Punjabi Jats do not marry girls from the same Gotra or who is from the same village as father or mother. Plus the boy was from an average family while the girl was rich. It was a class conflict not a religious one since they both were Sikh.

It is interesting learning other cultures.What surprises me is amongst mixed marriages-I have seen Indian men marrying Chinese girls and Chinese men marrying Indian women(though less)But I have yet to see Pakistani men marrying Chinese girls and Chinese men marrying Pakistani women.Can someone throw light on this.

You are dating with Pakistani girl from Peshawar. Is this joke ? lol You are probably talking about virtual GF . Pakistani Muslim girls don't like to date with anyone before marriage let alone dating with non Muslim Hindustani. Is she another veena malik? Another Joke is her family know that she is dating with Hindustani and they dont have any problem with it.

I am sure you also don't have any problem if your sister go for dating with Pakistani/Irani/white guys because you are open mind but that is also not acceptable for Muslims. Muslims have love for religion/God and this love is greater than any other worldly love. Why we should date with someone belong to a country which we don't like and consider it enemy country

Why are you so insecure? :lol:

I wouldn't be the first Indian guy dating a pakistani

You've obviously never been outside your village. You'd be surprised what happens to those "pious" Muslims once they get exposed to a more tolerant country. Hell her elder sister is married to a Puerto Rican and has a child. And no I wouldn't mind if my sister dated some other race or ethnicity, as long as he could provide and take care of her that's all that would matter.

That's what religion usually cmes down to.

Bereft of reason, they turn to emotional explanations.

Wow. Haven't seen you in a long time.

I dont think we've met

I dont think we've met

I've seen a few of your posts lying around. but they tend to be old.

There was an article about two South Indians married to Pakistani women and how ludicrous the passport laws are for them and they had to shift residences.

There was an article on Nigerian Men married to local women in India. Wouldn't be the first time in world history there has been miscegenation :D

I like your views btw. :)

I've seen a few of your posts lying around. but they tend to be old.

There was an article about two South Indians married to Pakistani women and how ludicrous the passport laws are for them and they had to shift residences.

There was an article on Nigerian Men married to local women in India. Wouldn't be the first time in world history there has been miscegenation :D

I like your views btw. :)

You tend to get wiser the longer you stay on this forum. Unfortunately that statement is ineffective to a lot of members.

abt a Mumbai university and it claimed that abt 90% women who join the university r no more virgins when they leave or graduate from university. I dont remember the source nor the university's name as it was long back.

off course im not hiding behind as im also a PDF member and i did mentioned that PDF members r not best examples.

India has all female colleges btw.

And I don't really care if 90% of the female graduates are not virgins.

The main problem of India is it's poverty, it is it's gender disparity, poor infrastructure. The last thing you need is the government and the religious big brother poking their head in.

Maybe you forgot what a secular government does. What a fully grown woman does in her private life is her own business. The Indian constitution gives her this right.

If a Muslim, Hindu or whatever woman chooses to have Jangal main mangal' The Indian government cannot do anything.

In my home state of Kerala there are colleges run by Muslim or Christian private organisation that enforce their own private rules.

But the elite colleges are co-ed.

And it should remain that way.

You tend to get wiser the longer you stay on this forum. Unfortunately that statement is ineffective to a lot of members.

Don't worry man, the Hindutvawaadis hate my guts too, so :)

Mera imaan mohabbat hai mohabbat ki kasam
Saare duniya tere kadmon pe nichaawar kar doon
Chaand taaron se meri jaan tera daaman bhar doon
Tere khwaabon pe kabhi chaa na sake shaam-e-alam

Wo jahan ek jahannam hai jahan tu na mile
Jal ke mar jaaooon jo ye saaya-e-gesoo na mile
Zindagi zehar bhara jaam hai ab tere baghair
Teri chaahat pe hai qurbaan mere laakh janam

Mushkuraa jaane-e-bahara ke sawera hoga
Khatm sadiyon ki riwazon ka andhera hoga
Shab ki taqdeer mein likha hai guzar hi jaana
Raah suraj ki kahan rok sake ehle sitam

I wouldn't be the first Indian guy dating a Pakistani

You've obviously never been outside your village. You'd be surprised what happens to those "pious" Muslims once they get exposed to a more tolerant country. Hell her elder sister is married to a Puerto Rican and has a child. And no I wouldn't mind if my sister dated some other race or ethnicity, as long as he could provide and take care of her that's all that would matter.
Why i would be insecure? You must be kidding. Its actually fact that a vast of Majority of Pakistani Muslim women are conservative and they are not easy going for dating especially with foreigners belong to different country and religion. Pakistani parent are also very conservative and they are certainly not one of those who appreciate pre-martial affairs of their daughters especially if they don't see any future of any such relationship. It don't matter whether they live in Pakistan or in western countries.

I am living in western countries so i will not be surprise that we have few ABCD here who are neither Muslim nor Pakistani but are sickularist so called liberal american/British who think that they will be more acceptable to white if they adopt their ways of lives. You would certainly be surprise that pious Muslim remain pious even if they live in dirt but they stay away from it.

I have no respect for someone who don't respect his/her beliefs and culture and try to become more white than white by adopting all their western ways of life. They think having drinking on weekend and having plenty of gfs/bfs will make them white or open mind lol There is difference between opening your mind and opening your legs for every guy/girl out there in the name dating. Those who hire prostitute also have plenty of money and could also take care her well but these two things are not enough for most girls

@Karachiite

If you love her- TRULY love her and she loves you then fcuk the world- why wouldn't it work??

I can sort of see where you're coming from but at the same time I don't because if you're crazy for this girl then nothing will get in your way bro, you'll do whatever it takes.

But then this is coming from my POV and a HUGE issue here is conversion. I don't know what your views on this are or hers are but I would NEVER ask anyone to convert for me. If you love her then you love her for what and who she is and that should include religion. The idea that people have to chose between their faith and heart makes me feel sick- don't you dare make her make that choice.

Gosh,I know many pakistani women married to Indian men and it is all cool and there was no conversion at all.

Back
Top Bottom