What's new

Move over, F-22 Raptor !

I am going to keep saying this until all 300 internet defense forums out there have learned the truth.

"With the advent of reliable, all aspect missiles, and modern sensors, hypermaneuverability no longer means jack. All you need today is adequate maneuverability.

"A Pitts Special biplane can easily out-turn an F-22. That doesn't make it a fighter.

"Stealth, sensors, weapons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maneuverability."

We've left WW2 behind. You don't need to maneuver into anybody's six o'clock any more. Those days ended about 1980.

Air show maneuvers are a great way to vacuum mega-$$ out of the coffers of nations seeking to buy aircraft. Other than that, they are worth nothing.

I am sure that stealth, sensor, and capable missiles are more important than maneuverability but I also think that a distinction should be made from the airshow maneuvers and combat maneuver.

I am going to keep saying this until all 300 internet defense forums out there have learned the truth.

"With the advent of reliable, all aspect missiles, and modern sensors, hypermaneuverability no longer means jack. All you need today is adequate maneuverability.

"A Pitts Special biplane can easily out-turn an F-22. That doesn't make it a fighter.

We've left WW2 behind. You don't need to maneuver into anybody's six o'clock any more. Those days ended about 1980.

Air show maneuvers are a great way to vacuum mega-$$ out of the coffers of nations seeking to buy aircraft. Other than that, they are worth nothing.

But What will happen if we put an F-22 against an F-22?

If we consider both planes to be equally capable in terms of their sensors weapons and stealth, than doesn't maneuverability the only thing that is left.

The same can be said about F-35 and J20.Now I know that in terms of sensors fusion I have never seen Americans that much confident regarding F-35.What if Chinese tomorrow able to make something that is equally capable in terms of avionics.I ask you Will we be not discussing about their maneuverability than?

93288710.png

Mike Mullens immediate reaction after looking at the cockpit of Chinese aircraft.[Looking at the ground]
Look at the chinese officer behind him smiling.

If we consider both planes to be equally capable in terms of their sensors weapons and stealth, than doesn't maneuverability the only thing that is left.

i know almost nothing about aerial warfare, but i atleast know that in this kind of situation. it is the experience that counts, remember, there is something called BVR (beyond visual range)

The same can be said about F-35 and J20.Now I know that in terms of sensors fusion I have never seen Americans that much confident regarding F-35.What if Chinese tomorrow able to make something that is equally capable in terms of avionics.I ask you Will we be not discussing about their maneuverability than?

Than you will also have to take into account training of the pilot.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

i know almost nothing about aerial warfare, but i atleast know that in this kind of situation. it is the experience that counts, remember, there is something called BVR (beyond visual range)

BVR can only work when you can detect incoming bogey.

You cannot engage into a BVR fight unless you see the other person.That is what we called stealth.

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Than you will also have to take into account training of the pilot.

When we talk about aerial warefare we talk about material things or technical capabilities of the adversary.Because there is no wayone can measure what is the pilots experience on the other side.
In this regard I was answering Chogy.

93288710.png

Mike Mullens immediate reaction after looking at the cockpit of Chinese aircraft.[Looking at the ground]

please explain what you think mikey's reaction was :P

maybe mikey just sneezed and the officer behind him simply gave a friendly smile

Well said... that is until the Russians learn how to six o'clock behind everything including those missiles, sensors and six o'clock behind the six o'clock. Interesting chaps they are, lets stretch our necks out and wait until that day comes. :lol:

93288710.png

My sources told me that the admiral was trying hard not to laugh. Privately, he told his aides that his RC airplane has a more sophisticated control panel decal for the dummy pilot.

Can we Compare Chengdu J20 with Raptor or Pak Fa indian FGFA if can plz Comp

My sources told me that the admiral was trying hard not to laugh. Privately, he told his aides that his RC airplane has a more sophisticated control panel decal for the dummy pilot.

If I try a little more than even someone like you who likes to live in denial state will not be able to help yourself but
to agree.

On a side note whats the point of Mike Mullen to check these planes out in the first place if he knows that they are Junk and whats the point of asking about the Dong Feng?What's your catch on that.

If I try a little more than even someone like you who likes to live in denial state will not be able to help yourself but
to agree.

On a side note whats the point of Mike Mullen to check these planes out in the first place if he knows that they are Junk and whats the point of asking about the Dong Feng?What's your catch on that.
Purpose is to get to know the capabilities of potential rivals. Apart from the marketing hypes, you get to see the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom