Movie about Cyrus the Great

Anaoshak

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
‘Cyrus the Great’ Script Book Unveiled: Iran to film Persian Empire Cyrus King
on March 5, 2016 | 10:07:58
2017774-620x400.jpg

The script book for ‘Cyrus the Great’, written by Iranian screenwriter and filmmaker Masoud Jafari Jozani, was unveiled at a ceremony on Friday.

According to Iranian media, Jafari Jozani is preparing to make a historical epic movie about ancient Persian Empire, ‘Cyrus the Great’.

The extensive preliminary research has been undertaken to evaluate the historical accuracy of the movie.

Produced by Ali Moallem , the project is to narrate the history of ancient Persia such as establishment of Acheamenid empire.

Iranian screenwriter and filmmaker Masoud Jafari Jozani attends a ceremony unveiling the script book for ‘Cyrus the Great’ on Friday (Photo Credit: Asghar Khamseh, Mehr News)

The movie will also examine the numerous existing legends about Cyrus (529-580 BCE), who united the two original Iranian Tribes, the Medes and the Persians.

Established by Cyrus the Great, Achaemenid Empire was the first Persian Empire ruled in Western and Central Asia.

Cyrus is best remembered for his great tolerance and noble attitude towards the conquered nations. He is also famous for the declaration of the first Charter of Human Rights (Cyrus Cylinder).

The big project’s director Jafari Jozani , who generally deals with heroic subjects with a historical and epic tone, is planning to make the film for a massive screening program.

As the movie is slated to hit nearly 5000 movie theaters in the world at the same time, it should pave way for mass production, the producer Ali Moallem announced.

Jafari Jozani is preparing to make a historical epic movie about ancient Persian Empire, ‘Cyrus the Great’ (Photo Credit: Asghar Khamseh, Mehr News)

“We negotiated to several American film producing companies to grant the film special effects with the world’s latest technologies,” Moallem stated.

“At the present time while Iran has been attacked by ahistorical films, I hope we can take a step to introduce the Iranian civilization and one of the heroes of our country by this film,” he also added.

Many scholars and historical researchers announced that they were ready to contribute to this national cinematic project.

There is also an Imdb link which says the movie will be out 2017, but I'm not sure it's accurate.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5447028/

I was just talking to my brother the other day about how there hasn't been any real movies made about Persian historical figures and etc. And so i googled to see if i could find anything and found this article. Anyway, i thought it was long overdue for such a movie to come out and figured a lot of people on these forums would be interested to know that there might be one coming out "soon". Hopefully, there won't be any interruptions, i remember a Cyrus the Great movie that was going to be made in the U.S a few years ago, but for some reason it never went beyond the development phase.

Tagged some members i saw in Another thread i posted in, which had developed into sort of a Persian history thread :P as well as people whom have made threads about Persian history etc.
@raptor22 @JEskandari @AmirPatriot @Rustam @Madali @warfareknow @scythian500 @Blackmoon @2800 @Arminkh
Please tag anyone i missed whom would be interested to know about the article :)

List of the Filmmaker's movies,
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0431671/reference

The only work of his I have seen is "Iran Burger" and it wasn't that good. But good luck to him
Yeah, i only watched some scenes of that movie. Not really my thing.

I did watch some Dar Cheshm-e Baad episodes on youtube, and that seemed alright.
Hopefully, he'll do the movie justice :)

To be honest, i was a little surprised to see that they might make this movie in Iran.

There is no doubt that Pre-Islamic Nationalism has been suppressed in Iran by certain people.
Even some people saying that Nowruz need to be banned and etc.

To be honest, i was a little surprised to see that they might make this movie in Iran.

There is no doubt that Pre-Islamic Nationalism has been suppressed in Iran by certain people.
Even some people saying that Nowruz need to be banned and etc.

These people are extremists just like you find in any country... they won't achieve their goals.

These people are extremists just like you find in any country... they won't achieve their goals.
True, and that's due to the Iranian people. See the problem is that some of these extremist people, they are in even the highest position in the government that rules the country.
But you can tell that they are very careful not to challenge our pre-islamic heritage as it is still a source of pride for many.

Too late but eventually they're gonna produce it ... I wanna know who plays as Cyrus ....

I am just gonna go ahead and say i actually think the Prince of Persia movie was pretty awesome despite critics and people saying otherwise. There i said it.

I am just gonna go ahead and say i actually think the Prince of Persia movie was pretty awesome despite critics and people saying otherwise. There i said it.
Prince of Persia had nothing to do with Iran and they actually showed every aspect of the life of Iranian wrong.

POP was a big failure!

They better make the movie worthy of the great man they are trying to picture or better not do it at all.

I always thought the life story of Cyrus the Great makes a great movie. A man that built the biggest empire the mankind had ever seen and founded a nation that has last for more than two millennia after him.

Back
Top Bottom