What's new

MRCA Competition-threat to PAF?

i am saying again and again that india will not go for typhon or rafale or gripen or any american jet

okay check this out

DERA study

Britain’s Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (now split into QinetiQ and DSTL) did an evaluation in 1994 (simulation based on the available data) comparing the Typhoon with some other modern fighters in how well they performed against an expected adversary aircraft, the Sukhoi Su-35. Due to the lack of information gathered on the 5th generation combat aircraft, the inability to take into account advances in avionics and weapons now fitted to the fighters tested, and lack of knowledge on the capabilities of the Su-35 during the time of this study it is not meant to be considered official and its results should be taken with a pinch of salt.

The study used real pilots flying the JOUST system of networked simulators. Various western aircraft supposed data were put in simulated combat against the Su-35. The results were:

Aircraft Odds vs. Su-35
Lockheed Martin/Boeing F-22 Raptor 10.1 : 1
Eurofighter Typhoon 4.5 : 1
Dassault Rafale C 1 : 1
McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle 0.8 : 1
Boeing F/A-18+ 0.4 : 1
McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C 0.3 : 1
General Dynamics F-16C 0.3 : 1

These results mean, for example, that in simulated combat, 4.5 Su-35s were shot down for every Typhoon lost. Missiles such as the KS-172 may be intended for large targets and not fighters, but their impact on a long range BVR engagement needs to be factored in.

The "F/A-18+" in the study was apparently not the current F/A-18E/F, but an improved version. All the western aircraft in the simulation were using an older version of the AMRAAM missile, except the Rafale which was using the MICA missile. This does not reflect the likely long-term air-to-air armament of Eurofighters (as well as Rafales), which will ultimately be equipped with the longer-range MBDA Meteor (while carrying the AMRAAM as an interim measure).

i dont get your point. when did they test the flanker su-35 with the raptor in 1994

dosent the hightlighted part prove everything.:cheers:

thanks for the article but i still did not understand what the flanker had to do with the mrca deal its a heavy fighter not even considered for the mrca,

also wikipedia is the one which has the least credibility as everyone can edit or add to the article some of my indian friends here in moscow is a moderator of wikipedia he adds his own opinion and thoughts to the articles,which is far from truth.:agree:

my point is that indians are working on LCA project and on the other hand they are working with russia on Sukhoi PAK FA, they dont need to buy anything.

indian is not american or oil rich gulf states. india is a developing nation.

also americans are not reliable source of weapons. espacially in war time

like what they did with pakistan regarding f-16s and their parts. also what they did with india in LCA engines case

my point is that indians are working on LCA project and on the other hand they are working with russia on Sukhoi PAK FA, they dont need to buy anything.

probably you are ignorant of the fact that tenders have being distributed,and field trials are also on for the various companies involved.
believe me the indians need to replace there old migs.do you really think the indians dont have money just have a look how much they are spending on the PAKFA no gulf state is spending that much money to get an aircraft.:cheers:

also americans are not reliable source of weapons. espacially in war time

india might go for the french rafale and the french do take good care of their customers.true the americans cannot be trusted.

also i want to say that if india have close ties with russia and a good comparable su-35 is in its reach they will never go for european or american fighters. also i dont think russia will like it

also if india goes the american way they will have tot which will make them less reliable on america unlike pakistan.the tot is one of the main clauses in the tender.

12 billion $ have been sanctioned by GOI for the deal.so iaf is going to get one of these plane

also i want to say that if india have close ties with russia and a good comparable su-35 is in its reach they will never go for european or american fighters. also i dont think russia will like it

the su-35 is an intermediate between su30mki and fgfa so they do not need these heavy class su-35 and india have already being offered the su-35. they need light aircraft like the mig-35 which is one of the contender.

regarding russian opinion they are least concerned because they have the pakfa in their pocket. also india getting top american technology will help get russia access to its details. as a lot of russia-india oint ventures are in the pipeline

i think they are looking for some stop-gaps. they are working on PAKFA and planning to retire the bison upgraded migs in 2011 or later

maybe but thats my opinion on this matter. i am respecting yours. lets see

Zeeshuisb Bhai, India already has a lot of Russian military hardware (close to 80%) and we are working in PAK-FA with them which will take time to get inducted, may be 2020. In the mean time India needs a Multirole combat aircraft (MRCA) to replace aging MIG21s and LCA is not ready to do this right now, so only option is left is go for US, French, European or Russian fighters.

As I already said India has too much of Russian hardware and if you depend on one country for all your needs they will take people for granted, so russia is ruled out. The most competitive right now are Rafale because of full ToT including AESA and source code or F-18s because of Indo-US nuclear deal.

Back
Top Bottom