What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
just joined in....

Very sad and very unfortunate what has happened. it must be condemned. the indian security authorities must eliminate these people!

...with extreme prejudice!

Last edited:
China has cleaned up it's act, what has India shown to the world? An attack of this magnitude would never happen in China. Seems to me this could be a product of domestic suppression.

Isn't the same thing happening in Pakistan due to domestic suppression.

One terrorist has been arrested.

Apparently they came by sea from Karachi.

Terrorists in Hotel Oberoi have made a statement:
A militant holed up inside Mumbai’s Oberoi Hotel told India TV on Thursday that seven attackers were holding hostages inside the luxury establisment.

“There are seven of us inside hotel Oberoi,” the man identified as Sahadullah told India TV.

“We want all Mujahideens held in India released and only after that we will release the people.”

“Release all the Mujahideens, and Muslims living in India should not be troubled,” he said.

RIP to the brave chief

A brave officer and a gentleman

I woke up with some uneasiness at 2 am on November 27 without knowing that terrorists had struck Mumbai and instinctively switched on the BBC to hear the terrible news that Karkare fell to the bullets of a terrorist. In the TV footage of him, he appeared calm and collected as he put on the helmet and a bullet-proof jacket before chasing the terrorists, but his brave act of fighting the terrorists personally ended in tragedy. He will be remembered for his patriotism, courage and sacrifice, but he should also be remembered for the diplomatic battles he waged for India in the halls of the Vienna International Centre.

now don't get me wrong, I do NOT support such terrorists.

however, to really stop such attacks in the future, you need to think about the reasons why you saw such attacks so often in 2008 in India. there must be something wrong there with its laws, policies and the people.

we Chinese have a lot of human rights issues, but we just acknowledge the fact. you can check all reports released by our government, what they say is "there are a lot of problems, but we are improving on all of them". we don't hide/deny problems.

too much nationalism (e.g. "I am from India and thus everything in India must be great") gets you nowhere. you don't need such nationalism rubbish to make your history/culture/civilization a great one, as it is always a great one from day one.

Just Cut the Crap

WE Indians can critisize anything without being sent to jail .
but just look at your self I think someone must teach you that "I am from China and thus everything in China must be great" is more dangerous then other things .
Why dont you check why Uighers and Tibetans do such attacks in China , why falun Gong members are jailed ,
So Stop B*** S******g

Isn't the same thing happening in Pakistan due to domestic suppression.

Suppression of foreign terrorism yes. Suppression of external fingering of internal disputes, yes. Suppression of minorities or law abiding communities no.

Reactions: Neo
By the way if I haven't made it clear...catch these guys alive, find their leadership...then spank them on camera followed by a de-bollocking.

Suppression of foreign terrorism yes. Suppression of external fingering of internal disputes, yes. Suppression of minorities or law abiding communities no.

Oh these foreigners have come in and done so many things

By the way if I haven't made it clear...catch these guys alive, find their leadership...then spank them on camera followed by a de-bollocking.

One guy got arrested it seems buddy let's see how it goes

Times Now reporting that they are keeping a jewish family hostage

so now they are coming out:

We want all Mujahideen released: Terrorist inside Oberoi-Mumbai-Cities-The Times of India

MUMBAI: A militant holed up inside Mumbai's Oberoi Hotel told a news channel on Thursday that seven attackers were holding hostages inside the
luxury establishment.

"There are seven of us inside hotel Oberoi," the man identified as Sahadullah told the channel. "We want all Mujahideens held in India released and only after that we will release the people."

"Release all the Mujahideens, and Muslims living in India should not be troubled," he said.

Fresh firing erupted early on Thursday in Taj hotel as commandoes moved in to flush out terrorists holding some foreigners hostage after a night of terror targeting ten places in Mumbai.

Army commandoes moved into the luxury Oberoi and the Taj Mahal hotels to flush out terrorists holed up hours after an unspecified number of heavily armed gunmen went on a rampage in ten places in South Mumbai killing 80 persons and taking some foreigners hostage.

Fire and smoke was seen billowing from the hotel as firemen struggled hard to rescue over 100 people still trapped inside.

Five suspected terrorists were killed in two separate incidents overnight including two during a gun battle in the country's iconic landmark Taj hotel, police said.

Maharashtra deputy chief minister R R Patil said nine suspected terrorists have been arrested. Schools and colleges were ordered to be closed.

Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh said five police officers including Anti Terrorism Squad chief Hemant Karkare were killed in one of the worst terror strikes in the country's financial capital that in all claimed the lives of at least 11 police personnel.

"The operation (by security forces) is still going on," he said. Besides army commandoes, naval commandos and Rapid Action force personnel joined in the operations to rescue those stranded in the two hotels. Five columns of Army and 200 NSG commandoes have been rushed. Two sten guns have been recovered by police so far, he added.

Deshmukh said it was not immediately known how many terrorists were involved in the audacious attack in ten places that shook the western metropolis. The chief minister said the Taj and Oberoi are not in control yet. He said there are no terrorists in Cama hospital which was also targeted by gunmen.

Police reported that some hostages were still being held at the Taj Mahal and Oberoi with eyewitnesses saying the gunmen had targeted foreigners after they kept shouting: "Who has US or UK passports?" Several guests were also stuck.

Fire was still raging in the old wing of Taj hotel several hours after it was rocked by five to six blasts and enormous clouds of black smoke rose from the century-old edifice on Mumbai's waterfront.

The terrorists obviously were after US and British citizens, now they have taken a jewish family.
Could this be AQ's entry into India? :coffee:

The terrorists obviously were after US and British citizens, now they have taken a jewish family.
Could this be AQ's entry into India? :coffee:

Yup obviously after taking over our neighbours they are entering here too Neo.
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom