What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will not accept he is indian and we will not accept that he is from pakistan.simple as that

Hi,

Again----I am not denying or agreeing---Kasab maybe a pakistani citizen---but this person being interrogated his VERNACULAR is not illeterate desi punjabi. Please---that is all I am saying. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Thank god Kasab was caught - else Pakistan would have washed it's hands off the attack.
The world would have notbelieved our side of the story as well. Today there is not a single person in the West who does not know about the LeT - it's links with the ISI and Pakistan has been discredited. Hopefully it stops this useless sponsoring of terrorism and comes to talk with no guns in its hands.

the government of pakistan still denying that kasab is from pakistan.?right

No - government of Pakistan has accepted that he is a Pak national. In fact they have arrested Lakvi and LeT terrorists for the attacks after US pressure.

Hi,

Again----I am not denying or agreeing---Kasab maybe a pakistani citizen---but this person being interrogated his VERNACULAR is not illeterate desi punjabi. Please---that is all I am saying. There is more to it than meets the eye.
Then lets see what does meet the eye rather your eye....
1. Kasab has been photographed and filmed and identified by several eye witnesses including reputed Journalists, common commuters to a 11 year old girl
2. The entire plan was hatched in Pakistan by Let - accepted by Pakistani authorities by arresting Lakhwi and gang
3. DNA samples of not only Kasab but rest of the terrorists were provided to GoP. We have no official words from them thereafter meaning they accept the authenticity of the same.
4. Whether Kasab told a lie about his humble background or learned new languages while in training I dont give a rats a** for that. What is more important - He did receive his training in Pakistan and terror camps which are producing these scums o the face of humanity
5. We can keep on arguing over trivial details of a word here and pronunciation there, but the fact will remain there is no maybe when we say Kasab is a Pakistani. That much is official and if you have a problem, raise it with local authorities via petitions.
6. Kasab's hometown was unearthed by Pakistani Journalists, who have since been put in Jail.

So the bottom (and official) line is that these were non-state Pakistanis, who trained and planned in Pakistan, Kasab certainly was part of the group and is not planted (as suggested by many conspiracy theorists). He was seen shooting indiscriminately at CST and Cama Hospital by several people. He is being prosecuted for his crimes.

If his accent is the only way you can point and scream of foul play, it will be pretty fruitless. Its just a trivial detail in much larger scene of things. It would mean that all the witnesses are planted, all the photographs were staged and the dead body of constable who caught him is fabricated. Too many assumptions for too small a detail.

If you still have more than what meets the eye, check with an
optician.

Mastan Khan,

As you say lets forget about atrocities committed and nationalities for a minute and just purely focus on Kasab's accent at the interview.

My knowledge of linguistics is far from excellent, but I'm pretty sure that it was a Punjabi accent. Though I can't confirm with certainty that it was a Pakistani Punjabi accent(they're not very different). And I'm completely sure it wasn't a non-Punjabi Indian accent.

Mastan Khan,

As you say lets forget about atrocities committed and nationalities for a minute and just purely focus on Kasab's accent at the interview.

My knowledge of linguistics is far from excellent, but I'm pretty sure that it was a Punjabi accent. Though I can't confirm with certainty that it was a Pakistani Punjabi accent(they're not very different). And I'm completely sure it wasn't a non-Punjabi Indian accent.

There words and accent that he used most of the time has nothing to do with the Punjabi or other languages spoken over here in Pakistan. I myself am very surprised as i have lived in all the four provinces, but non of the words and accent i have heard here except for Indian TV channels.

I myself am amazed with this interrogation video. Seen it first time even.

Allies, and world was wrong to go invade , Afghanistan it messed up their economy and also destroyed and misplaced civilians

I think it is offtopic.

Kashmir is Part of Pakistan, and the regions has to go thru civilian
voting to make sure it is returned to Pakistan. You can't keep an army in city to stop ppl from living. (Based on 1947 UN resolutions which has to be implemented). Soon military blance will be equal to some extent.

Last time we checked it was "disputed" region by Pakistani POV. However this is offtopic here. The topic has been discussed in this forum where we can gain good lot of information.

Stopping Pakistan waters in Dam's is violation of agreement between India and Pakistan - which India is violating

Again offtopic. My knowledge says that Pakistan lost in international court for the case. I need some update from senior members but in some relevant thread.

There are terrorist in Pakistan , so are terrorist in India :coffee: Shiv Sena is a Terrorist organization they routinely vendalize and terrorize ppl in India , bu they are protected by gov locally , so in essese Indian gov is also supporting terrorist elements

First SS is a political party. It was never involved outside India. They lost badly in the recent elections. They are political opponents (Congress led UPA) of the centre and state government. I request you to check the facts before writing posts. Also this was not related to thread.

Also Terrorists destroyed some mosques in india , I think it was a big issue, but again the Indian gov supported , the Terrorist acts by not acting on that legal court case for 14 years + so that is supporting act of Terrorism I am being very practical

I assume you are referring to Babri Masjid demolition. GoI admitted (I agree too) that this was a matter of national shame. But it is the Indians again who investigated and presented the reports. The political wing who supported these, failed in last two elections. Again this was not related to topic.

If Indians are concerned about Terrorism they should note we also have lost hotel buildings in Pakistan due to bomb blast , I doubt our gov would be interested in blowing up hotels when we can gain more by resolving Kashmir issue and trade... etc

I personally feel sorry for whatever is happening in Pakistan. But India is not related to those. I am not taking the undisclosed evidences on Indian involvement into account here. I hope Pakistan will sort its problem soon. Kashmir is not relevant for this Headley case.

Sure , now - Act in Mumbai happened

BUT

a) Lets not forget Indian Army was being investigated by some one in India who got
murdered that night - would an army have a stake in that ?? Why not ...how esle
would anyone break defences?? Unless someone left the door open ??

I think it is useless to explain. The so-called Samjhauta blast was not carried out by Purohit as he is cleared in this case. He is going under trail for some other case. If he is guilty, he will surely be sentenced. Bringing the case in every India related thread is not a good practise.

@topic:
I agree that we should wait for some more information. The agencies are doing their job and soon it will be out. The article seems to be written on a preliminary outputs which I admit, is too early to conclude. Till then everyone is free to specualte and create his/her own theory but it can not be treated as proof including Indian media.

Lastly, I see an attempt to malign Indian media. It is better to refute the post/report rather than just calling it a BS. It is interesting to see that certain members here are leaders in picking up the same ToI articles when it is targeting India but cry loud if it publishes about their respeective countries. Need to think.

There words and accent that he used most of the time has nothing to do with the Punjabi or other languages spoken over here in Pakistan. I myself am very surprised as i have lived in all the four provinces, but non of the words and accent i have heard here except for Indian TV channels.

TV channels? Come now.... he sounded absolutely nothing like what news hosts sound like. The typical news channel guy has an excellent command of Hindi and are invariably accentless(from an Indian perspective). Kasab on the other hand had a pretty strong accent.

I didn't even know it existed until I saw this broadcast. The part when the handlers ordered the terrorists to execute the hostages at Nariman house was absolutely chilling. Even the terrorists seemed reluctant to carry it out.

TV channels? Come now.... he sounded absolutely nothing like what news hosts sound like. The typical news channel guy has an excellent command of Hindi and are invariably accentless(from an Indian perspective). Kasab on the other hand had a pretty strong accent.

I said TV channels, not Indian News Channels, come one buddy, don't get so emotional that you can't differentiate what i meant and what you took it. I meant the normal indian channels of different nature that we have watched so far.

I know many urdu words whille i never studied urdu,but picked off from some bollywood lyrics.If i visit pakistan ,i'll use urdu words e,g say Yakin(believe) instead of saying Biswas in hindi, for better understaning of a urdus speaker.

Similarly ,kasab talking in Urdu lashed with pure hindi words ,that he most probably picked up from Bollywood movies or television which very popular in pakistan ,more among the poor section of the society who dont understand english...heck even afghans watch indian movies and can speak in hindi/urdu if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was arrested 20 days before 26/11: Kasab: Rediff.com India News

Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab , the lone terrorist captured in the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai, on Friday stood his ground in the witness box while recording his statement under Section 313 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (dealing with the power to examine the accused).

He rejected all the evidence produced against him so far in the special court.

He also stunned everybody present when he said that he was arrested 20 days before the November 26, 2008, attacks, from Juhu Chowpatty in north-west Mumbai.

Kasab told the court: "I was in police custody 20 days before the November 26, 2008, attacks and they (the Mumbai police) produced me as the lone captured terrorist on the night of November 26 and 27.

"I was roaming at Juhu Chowpatty when the Mumbai police arrested me. I had come to Mumbai to watch a movie. I was told by many boys in my village (Faridkhot in Punjab , Pakistan) about it (movies). I was arrested when I was looking out for a place to rent. I had a legal Pakistani passport and a Sony Ericsson-500 mobile phone on me," Kasab told the court.

Kasab rejected all the evidence presented by the prosecution against him.

"I was not there. I don't know anything. The Mumbai police have fabricated all the evidence against me," he told Judge M L Tahiliyani while deposing during the Mumbai terror attacks trial.

He alleged, 'There must have one senior police official who has tutored all the witnesses as the language, descriptions and idioms used by all of them sound alike."

Kasab was referring to several witnesses identifying him in the courtroom as the batku (short) terrorist and his associate Abu Ismail as the 'tall' terrorist. He emphasised this point several times before the judge.

"All witnesses must have seen my look-alike with Abu Ismail," he claimed.

Kasab also denied that he was present at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus during the terror strike, where he and Ismail allegedly gunned down several people.

"It was easy for all the witnesses to identify me in court as by then my photographs has been flashed across the world as the person who was in CST during the attack, when the two terrorists fired at the people and threw hand grenades," he told the court.

Kasab told the judge that his earlier confessions, accepting all the charges against him, before the magistrate was taken by force by the police.

But he admitted that he belonged to Fardikot village in Pakistan's Punjab province and was approximately 20 years old.

In the courtroom, Kasab initially stood with his head bowed, betraying no emotions or signs of apprehension before his testimony. He was made to sit inside the witness box on a stool.

He also answered all the questions posed by the judge loudly and clearly. Judge Tahiliyani recorded only those statements given by Kasab that were relevant to the case.

He rejected the evidence of a witness, Bharat Tamore, that he was seen with ten terrorists at Badhwar Park when they alighted from a dinghy there.

Kasab said, "Do baatein bolkar katham karna chaahtha hoon, aaj bhi mujhe bolne ka mauka nahin mila tho," (I want to finish by saying two lines, if I don't get a chance to speak then.)

The judge cut him short and told him that he had to answer questions the court put to him.

Several questions were put to Kasab based on the evidences given by witnesses. Asked about the dinghy, Kasab said that he did not know anything about that. "I saw the dingy for the first time in the court," he said.

Asked whether he confessed before the magistrate, Kasab said that he had confessed but it had been not recorded properly.

Kasab, in a statement to the court, also denied that he had planted a bomb in a taxi.

Kasab denied that he had told the magistrate that he and Abu Ismail had hired a taxi to CST. He also said that he had not told the magistrate that he planted a bomb underneath the driver's seat while Ismail was talking to the driver.

"I did not tell the magistrate that on reaching CST, we saw a lesser crowd than what was shown to us in a training camp in Pakistan," Kasab said.

"I did not contact Abu Hamza (absconding accused). My mobile was lost and I was not in a position to talk to anybody," he said.

To a question that witness Natwarlal, father of a 11-year-old girl who was injured in the attack, had seen him and another terrorist at CST, Kasab replied that he was not present there.

"Maybe Natwarlal had said that there was firing on people but I was not there -- I don't know," Kasab said.

About Abu Ismail, Kasab said, "I don't know who he is. Ismail may have been involved in the attack but I don't know him."

Dressed in a white kurta, Kasab entered the court at 11.30 am. Kasab's medical report was perused by the court and the Judge noted that he did not have any mental illness.

"There is nothing of adverse concern. He does not have any complaint (and) as such he is fit to give a statement," the Judge said.

A medical examination of Kasab was conducted because his lawyer, K B Pawar, had earlier told the court that Kasab was not fit to give a statement.

Enquiries were made about his age and it was found that he was not a juvenile at the time of the offence and, therefore, he was tried by the court, the Judge said. The Judge also noted that Kasab was not a juvenile when the crime was committed.

Kasab also claimed that he had been interrogated by Federal Bureau of Investigation officials and that David Headley, charged with conspiracy in the 26/11 attacks in a US court, was one of them. Judge M L Tahiliyani, however, told Kasab that he should first answer the questions put to him by the court and then say whatever he wanted to.

At this point, defence lawyer, Ejaz Naqvi, defending another accused Sabbahudin Ahmed, told the Judge that Kasab had named Headley and that it should be recorded.

The judge, however, told the lawyer that he would first finish with Kasab's statement and that Kasab was free to say whatever he wanted after that.

Kasab added, "I totally deny the confession made before the Magistrate -- I was beaten up by the police and was interrogated by foreigners and one of them was Headley."

Headley, a suspected Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative, was arrested by the FBI in October for plotting terror attacks in India and Denmark.

hmmm - great lookalike theory by Kasab! Wonder if he has got in touch with the ISI :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom