What's new

Musharraf ruined PAF project, says ex-air chief

"Today there is a growing list ..............democrat in today’s Pakistan: Asif Zardari".
(Mr. Gauhar is an Islamabad-based columnist. This is an edited version of an original column appearing inThe Nation, Lahore)
Mr . Gauhar and many similar columnists can be best described as, in the words of Mr. Spiro Agnew (Vice President of the USA),

"Nattering nabobs of negativism" and "Hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history". Mr. Agnew also used another excellent sentence for such people "An effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals."

we should thank god that musaraff is gone who knows wat will hapeen if he were to stay in power for another 5 to 10 years just like saddam hussein old saying corrupt politicians hundred times better then a dictator

In case people have forgotten, Humayun Gauhar is son of late Mr Altaf Gauhar who was Minister of Information and Broadcasting during the 10 years of Ayub Khan's Martial Law. Mr Gauhar is therefore himself a product of Martial Law.

"Is hammam mein sub nanagey!"

Hi,

So---we don't like Mr Gauhar, because his father's hands are not clean. But what is wrong with the article----I don't see anything wrong here.

Also the air marshall in question---isn't he the same guy who called his counter part in india without the knowledge of pak got and suggested to him if he don't use iaf against pakistan, our AM won't use paf against india.

" Many of these old dodderers celebrated when Musharraf took over, for they started dreaming of cushy jobs. Every dictator needs them, for trained assassins are not easy to find. I personally know some who moved heaven and earth to join his team, begging all and sundry who had Musharraf’s ear to the point of embarrassment. When they didn’t get any job they turned democrat and turned on Musharraf. Methinks all this noise and bluster is to catch the next prime minister’s eye, that they are still available, able and willing. I bet if even now Musharraf offered them a glittering enough job, many would take it without batting an eyelid ".

There is nothing wrong with this statement either---each one of them would have jumped upon the oppurtunity.

With the entry of two chinese AEW and reduction of original 5-6 Erieye order, what will be the distribution of AEW platforms among the three air defence commands?

Airbases are too many and its not possible that a specific air base shall control the AEW. There are three air defence commands in Pakistan and in principal, each command should have an AEW.

Northern Air Command has LoC with I/O Kashmir and Pak Afghan border, Southern Air Command has a long coast and Rann of Katch area with India and Central Air Command has of course its long border with India.

Therefore 6 AEW are needed, 2 per air command, so that at least one is available at any time. With the new distribution of AEWs, how they can be employed with respect to air commands?

I think musharaff was smart. he knew PAF could not cope with IAF so instead he invested in building a missile detterent. Pak now has a good missile system. Safer way of dropping payload.

I think musharaff was smart. he knew PAF could not cope with IAF so instead he invested in building a missile detterent. Pak now has a good missile system. Safer way of dropping payload.
Thanks for your valuable thoughts, son.Now get back to BR.The Missile system is to nuke India :sniper:

I was merely answering the question why Musharraf ruined PAF project
Do you even read the thread before posting your crap..?PAF wanted 6 Swedish AWACS but Musharrad modified order (4 Swedish AWACS/2 Chinese)...?

In case people have forgotten, Humayun Gauhar is son of late Mr Altaf Gauhar who was Minister of Information and Broadcasting during the 10 years of Ayub Khan's Martial Law. Mr Gauhar is therefore himself a product of Martial Law.

"Is hammam mein sub nanagey!"

Although I don't like to indulge in political conversations, but tell me any big leader except Benazir Bhutto, who is not a product of Martial Law.

The biggest problem of our democracy is that our political leaders became leaders of their respective parties en-route GHQ.

musharraf did whatever he can for his nation and the last paragraphs tell the whole story

musharraf did whatever he can for his nation and the last paragraphs tell the whole story

And still people have the guts to blackmail him or portray him as a vicious, power hungry leader, while infact, he was the opposite.

I think Mushi made right move, because Pakistan already working on Chinese platform. It need to know what Chinese developing and how PAF can adopt and modified Chinese technology, which always comes without strings. On the other hand Saab sale attached with string , If during any circumstances Swed refuse to give parts, then what option you have? Well Mushi made right move. Even Chinese technology can't be matched, but PAF engineers are western qualified and has ability of quickly learn and implement and plus develop. Most probably Saab will be F16 data linked. And rest of JF17 and FC20 will be linked with Chinese AWAC.

Due to the ever changing scenario of JF-17 & FC-20 Musharaff has very intelligently avoided being blackmailed by the West due to initial investment in Chinese Platform.

Imagine down the lane after 4 to 8 years if we need manufacturer input for integrating / data linking a new radar of any of our front line aircraft .. than what.

Also investing in initial phase with China means we will have known how & will become partners in furture Chinese AWAC projects .. this in itself will bring lots of goodies just like JF-17 & FC-20 are going bring.

Plus the fact that we would like to exchange our knowhow of Erieye with our best friends China so that we can jointly in the next decade to come up with if not equivalent atleast better alternative !

Back
Top Bottom