What's new

Musharraf wanted war over Kashmir, says Benazir

^^
Read this part.

"'Kick-backs'

Prosecutors registered the case following the dismissal of Ms Bhutto's government in 1997.

She was accused of causing huge loss to the public exchequer by appointing about 800 Pakistan People's Party workers to the national carrier, contrary to rules and regulations.

In his judgement, accountability court judge Parkash Lal Abwani said: "The prosecution has failed to prove its case against any of the accused."

The most serious of the corruption cases facing Ms Bhutto is being tried in Switzerland.

She and her husband, Asif Zardari, deny taking kick-backs from a Swiss firm."

There is no doubt in most Pakistanis minds that Benazir's era was one of the most corrupt ever. Asif Zardari was known as Mr 10 percent for good reason. Unfortunately to prove this in a court of law is a different matter. The examples are too numerous. Asif Zardari had a hand in nearly all contracts and no major contract was awarded unless Asif got his share.

Heresay sources say that all the files were controlled by Ahmad Sadiq ( Tariq Aziz of Benazir ) and her PS Nahid Khan. Once Asif got his share, he used to sign on a yellow sticking paper slip. Benazir after seeing his signature approved the deal, the sticker was then destroyed. Admiral Sirohi admitted his share in the Augusta Sub deal and paid the fine in exchange for freedom. Benazir always claimed PM's discretionary powers, thus cases are difficult to prove in court.

SGS/Cotecna case came to light because BB paid part of a 36,000 Pounds necklace purchase via T/T from one of the Swiss accounts and Nawaz henchman Saifur Rehman managed to bribe a clerk in the Harrods, got a copy of the T/T receipt and traced it to the Swiss accounts.

Main problem in Pakistan is that corruption is so endemic and entrenched in society that most people don't think any thing wrong with. It is a pity that in Pakistani mind set if every one else is doing something, it is okay for them as well. Thats why no respect for the law and/or other peoples property.

We have land mafias, kidnapping mafia, car jackers and now mobile phone snatchers and people are all taking it in a stride. Most of this lawlessness started with the first Benazir term when people were kidnaped and released after ransom.

My main worry is that despite all the evils of the two eras each of Benazir and Nawaz; even today if there are free elections, these two leaders would probably win quite a few seats. Ask why Pakistan is so lawless? people get what they deserve.

Is their any real solution, I wish I knew. Many people had high hopes of Musharraf but think the job is getting too big for his boots. May be Roedad Khan ( ex Home Secretary) was right when he wrote his book entiltled "A dream gone sour".

I do sound a bit melodramatic but I still cant get over the fact that
the whole govt machinery is unable to enforce their writ in their capital Islamabad (Lal masjid and Jamia Hafsa) where a very few religious thugs have illegally occupied a library and have gotten away with it.

Why do you persist in proving a point without complete background data on Benazir?

I'll explain this, for the last time to you.

^^
Read this part.

"'Kick-backs'

Prosecutors registered the case following the dismissal of Ms Bhutto's government in 1997.

She was accused of causing huge loss to the public exchequer by appointing about 800 Pakistan People's Party workers to the national carrier, contrary to rules and regulations.

In his judgement, accountability court judge Parkash Lal Abwani said: "The prosecution has failed to prove its case against any of the accused."
The above case pointed out by you is with respect to the illegal recruitment of PPP workers in Pakistan International Airlines.

In this case she got away scot free. Besides the figure of PPP personnel recruited in PIA is 1393 as per Pakistan Press International Information Services Limited dated 27 September 2005.

The most serious of the corruption cases facing Ms Bhutto is being tried in Switzerland.

She and her husband, Asif Zardari, deny taking kick-backs from a Swiss firm."
This conviction by a Swiss court will be harder to dismiss as political bias. Unlike earlier guilty verdicts handed down by questionably neutral Pakistani courts, this has been passed by an independent Swiss magistrate with no involvement in Pakistani politics.

Hence Benazir is a convict.

^^

Date of report 12-11-06

Among them is SGS, a Geneva firm, one of whose former executives was indicted by a Swiss court in an alleged bribery scheme involving Pakistan's former prime minister Benazir Bhutto (the case was later dropped). SGS and other auditors say they would be crazy to engage in any skulduggery since they would risk decertification and the loss of all their customers.

http://members.forbes.com/forbes/2006/1211/062.html?_requestid=5604

A full review of the case.
http://www.senate.gov/~govt-aff/110999_report.htm

He is the so called President not the minister of natural resources. Not his call to do. And what is more to think about is that it would obiousely GO through Pakistan there is no alternative.

No credits are given.

Dude, in earlier posts you called him a dictator. A dictator Imho can take any dicision and outranks / outplays every ministry in rank or power. ;)
So the credit goes to him. :agree:

^^
I am seeing this as in the matter that depicts a Democratic regime therefore I said that if he is the So called president, he could not have for seen or even handled the case as this is the job of the minister of natural resources.

But he is not a president but a Dictator.

This lady has guts, She published the book even after she made deal with Musharaf and slated to comeback for election.
I am wondering what is stopping Musharaf now? He can capture Srinagar and win elections easily.

In your opinion she has guts because she speaks in your tone. I can recount the same exact story only the reality is that this discussion about launching a pre-emptive effort happened during the time of Zia and not BB. Pakistan was in such an economic rut during BB's time that most of the military hierarchy were worried about not having any money left over for modernization (let alone starting a war with India).

Nobody in Pakistan Army believes that Srinagar can be had conventionally, however they do believe (and accurately so) that they can sustain the insurgency in IOK for a considerable time (even though it may not be required) and its pretty much on hold.

blain, She was elected to office by people. Problem is that Democracy was never allowed to mature in Pakistan, In Democracy people elect governments based on their performances. And she was voted out by deomcratic process not by Milatary.
I said she has guts because I also read her news article (I will try to get the link) she said that she may be shot as soon as she lands on Pakistan soil.

i think that BB should never be allowed to come to pakistan. the INTERCPTOR let me guess you are a member of the PPP. one more thing MQM are traitors they were just fighting for their rights that the PPP was taking away from the MUHJIRS so please be balanced when you review history

Musharraf is the real traitor cant you see are you so blind. This Dictator has destoryed the entire government he is corrupt he is salling the pakistani owned oragnisation. So that his bank balence grows more. Your calling the daughter of Zulficar Ali a traitor your the triator this family has only given its life for this country to live on to grow and I dont believe she a corrupt. She is mor honest then a Dictator that is for undoubtable.

Dont you ever call me a traitor, you dont even know me or what I do for living,next time you use that word for me you are out of this club:angry: . By looking at your threads you are a cutter PPP and I admire your loyality and listen KID tell people who dont know Bibi or his father. I was ADC to PM Zulfikar Ali Bhutto for 6 months so dont tell me who is corrupt and who is not. Just because Late Zulfikar was PM does not give her the right to become the PM any one can become the PM or president of Pakistan. Twice she was giving a chance but she and her husband played hell into Pakistan. And I am not blind you are because you dont know anything about them. OH and I am sure BIBI will be happy to see that you a PPP cant even spell her fathers name properly it is ZULFIKAR not
ZULFICAR.

blain, She was elected to office by people. Problem is that Democracy was never allowed to mature in Pakistan, In Democracy people elect governments based on their performances. And she was voted out by deomcratic process not by Milatary.
I said she has guts because I also read her news article (I will try to get the link) she said that she may be shot as soon as she lands on Pakistan soil.

If she had guts and was worth her salt, then she would have come to Pakistan when Musharraf took over to face the charges of corruption against her...so lets not kid ourselves with all this gutsy talk....its all self-aggrandizement pure and simple and nothing else....she wants to portray herself as the one who did not want to start something with India so she can curry favor externally.

For Pakistanis, my one advice is "once bit, twice shy". It should actually be "twice bit, thrice shy".

Musharraf is traitor to the country he is brought nothing but choas and his millitary dictatorship shouldnt be applauded because that is just treason!!!

Benazir isn't an obinary person she is the daughter of Zulficar Ali. And if she comes back in power she will only bring back true democracy.

Brother.As Salam oAlaikum.
Does being a son/Daughter of anybody means that you are born with democratic roots in you? If you trace the history of Judaism, for 1400 yrs, there wasnt a period that they did not have a prophet amongst them. Did they turn out to be a very pious people?
It is about time that our people learn that Democracy is a state of mind, that does not exist amongst us as yet.Your idle Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was also a tyrant of the highest order as is Benazir. please do not judge people by their names or Families. This is entirely against the teachings of democracy and even your own religion.In many ways Bhutto has caused democracy more harm than any one person that you can think of. I think your crime and its punishment should be proportionate to your capabilities and potential, which is why I rate Bhutto the worst tyrant.
All that I can remember of Benazir,s time was filled with worries about personal safety and the country.I would not wish this on my worst enemy.
waSalam
Araz

Dont you ever call me a traitor, you dont even know me or what I do for living,next time you use that word for me you are out of this club:angry: . By looking at your threads you are a cutter PPP and I admire your loyality and listen KID tell people who dont know Bibi or his father. I was ADC to PM Zulfikar Ali Bhutto for 6 months so dont tell me who is corrupt and who is not. Just because Late Zulfikar was PM does not give her the right to become the PM any one can become the PM or president of Pakistan. Twice she was giving a chance but she and her husband played hell into Pakistan. And I am not blind you are because you dont know anything about them. OH and I am sure BIBI will be happy to see that you a PPP cant even spell her fathers name properly it is ZULFIKAR not
ZULFICAR.

"Musharraf is the real traitor cant you see are you so blind."

Weired this line offended you I called Mushi a traitor not you:rolleyes: but any ways. You call me a PPP memeber because I happen to have read one or two books on history, I havent even seen my country since I was born. I have all the right to speak out and above just becaue you "say" you have served him that doesn't mean you can point me towards a corner to go. Zia served Bhutto aswell and that didnt make him loyal. If that is what you mean. Your view that you came from an elite military or airforce this doesn't mean your above any body.

I am called a PPP memeber then I want make something else clear that I also support Jinah and I believe he was one of the greatest leaders and achievement in mankind now this makes me a Muslim League member aswell!

The military took over the country right infront of the Jinnah's family Ayub Khan the first dictator. You said how can late "Zulfikar" reflect on his family well how can M.A Jinnah refelect on Fatima Jinnah well they are two sides of the same coin.

You told me that I couldnt even spell his name (Zulfiqar,Zulficar,Zulfikar) there are many ways to spell it.

Your sentiments on any body can be the President or Prime Minister it just shows a character.

Back
Top Bottom