What's new

My cricket cup prediction with graphic

WishLivePak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
criccup.jpg

Blue color is there because it's hard to tell who'll finish 3rd or 4th in group A.

A1 vs B4. WI doesn't seem to be very strong, so Pakistan is likely to win and finish 3rd in group. Australia is likely to finish first in its group as the NZ vs Aus game is being played in Australia and Aus is a better team. But anything can happen and A1 could be NZ.

A2 vs B3. As Pak will finish 3rd, it'll be facing NZ (or Aus). Since both teams are better, either is likely to beat Pak to get to Semis.

A3 vs B2. SL or Eng can finish 3rd in group A. Either way, Ind appears to be better team. However, they lost twice to England in tri cup series, so Eng might make it to semis! But in case SL finishes A3, it is more likely for Ind to make it to semis. Had Pakistan finished B2, they could've also made it to semis as they had beaten Eng in warm up game.

A4 vs B1. South Africa is going to win whether it is Eng or SL.

----

For semis, it'd be Aus vs NZ and RSA vs Ind (or Eng). It's going to be tough game between Aus and NZ, but likely Aus will make it to finals. Let's not forget that this semi will be played in Auckland, NZ. Aus can handle pressure easy though, plus the morale of winning cups many times before and regularly playing in Semis.

The other semi, RSA will make it to finals easy.

----

I prefer to see NZ vs RSA, as both haven't played finals before if I remember correctly. Aus already has 3 cups, so it's time these two earn one.

I prefer NZ to win as they used to be a bad team, but under McCullum, they have become a really good team. They also regularly make it to semis, 6 times so far. The captain really deserves the win, plus game is being played near their home.

Both teams also haven't played in finals before, so pressure will be equal.

Attachments

• criccup.jpg
    criccup.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
If someone is reading my post then note that I don't agree with his Pakistan and West Indies being in Quarter Finals.

May be Ireland and Bangladesh would be more suitable teams in QFs

If someone is reading my post then note that I don't agree with his Pakistan and West Indies being in Quarter Finals.

May be Ireland and Bangladesh would be more suitable teams in QFs
i think it is too soon for any predictions..the group stage is very long indeed...and Group B is wide open..

i think it is too soon for any predictions..the group stage is very long indeed...and Group B is wide open..
Basing somewhat on bing prediction.

Of course things can change. I'm not saying 100% this is going to happen, which is why I frequently use "likely" in OP.

For example, Zim beat SL, yet they lose to UAE. Cricket is unpredictable. RSA might lose to India (just one bad game) or WI win by Ind. But what I outline is "traditional" outcome.

If even 60% of this analysis matches the actual results, then ICC knows where to look for the Bookie. :D

when u appoint management because of political favors they gave you . You will have a worse team .

View attachment 194589

Blue color is there because it's hard to tell who'll finish 3rd or 4th in group A.

A1 vs B4. WI doesn't seem to be very strong, so Pakistan is likely to win and finish 3rd in group. Australia is likely to finish first in its group as the NZ vs Aus game is being played in Australia and Aus is a better team. But anything can happen and A1 could be NZ.

A2 vs B3. As Pak will finish 3rd, it'll be facing NZ (or Aus). Since both teams are better, either is likely to beat Pak to get to Semis.

A3 vs B2. SL or Eng can finish 3rd in group A. Either way, Ind appears to be better team. However, they lost twice to England in tri cup series, so Eng might make it to semis! But in case SL finishes A3, it is more likely for Ind to make it to semis. Had Pakistan finished B2, they could've also made it to semis as they had beaten Eng in warm up game.

----

For semis, it'd be Aus vs NZ and RSA vs Ind (or Eng). It's going to be tough game between Aus and NZ, but likely Aus will make it to finals. Let's not forget that this semi will be played in Auckland, NZ. Aus can handle pressure easy though, plus the morale of winning cups many times before and regularly playing in Semis.

----

I prefer to see NZ vs RSA, as both haven't played finals before if I remember correctly. Aus already has 3 cups, so it's time these two earn one.

I prefer NZ to win as they used to be a bad team, but under McCullum, they have become a really good team. They also regularly make it to semis, 6 times so far. The captain really deserves the win, plus game is being played near their home.

Wrong info. SF1 will play SF2 while SF3 will play SF4. B1 and B2 after groups can only meet in finals. So if India beat finish B1 and Pakistan B3, they will fight in semi i.e. after they win their respective QFs. So you pray India win against SA so you cab get another 'mauka' :D coz Pak's probability of reaching final is currently looking low :p:

Wrong info. SF1 will play SF2 while SF3 will play SF4. B1 and B2 after groups can only meet in finals. So if India beat finish B1 and Pakistan B3, they will fight in semi i.e. after they win their respective QFs. So you pray India win against SA so you cab get another 'mauka' :D coz Pak's probability of reaching final is currently looking low :p:
Quarter-final 1 A1 v B4
Quarter-final 2 A2 v B3
Quarter-final 3 A3 v B2
Quarter-final 4 A4 v B1
The winners of the quarter-finals will qualify for the semi-finals as follows:

Semi Final 1 Winner QF 1 v Winner QF 3
Semi Final 2 Winner QF 2 v Winner QF 4

Quarter-final 1 A1 v B4
Quarter-final 2 A2 v B3
Quarter-final 3 A3 v B2
Quarter-final 4 A4 v B1
The winners of the quarter-finals will qualify for the semi-finals as follows:

Semi Final 1 Winner QF 1 v Winner QF 3
Semi Final 2 Winner QF 2 v Winner QF 4

This is what i am saying. And your this post is contradict to first one with the graphic.....duh.

Pak beats Ireland with any margin => Pak advances to QF
Pak vs Ire match washes out => WI out, Pak & Ire will advance to QF
Pak vs Ire match ties => WI out, Pak & Ire will advance to QF

Run rate will only come into play if Pakistan loses to Ireland.

If Pakistan loses against Ireland, then Pakistan will need to make it as close as possible. Ireland has worse Net Run Rate compared to Pakistan and WI. If Pakistan loses to Ireland with small margin, Ireland will be knocked out and Pak + WI will qualify.

If Pakistan loses against Ireland, then Pakistan will need to make it as close as possible. Ireland has worse Net Run Rate compared to Pakistan and WI. If Pakistan loses to Ireland with small margin, Ireland will be knocked out and Pak + WI will qualify.

There is a more possibility of PAK(B3) vs AUS(A2) in 2nd Quarterfinal.

View attachment 194589

----

----

Very good prediction bro I'm also analyzing both pool today & find out both 4th and 3rd position teams can go up & down in both pools so its too early to predict so forget about knockout stage too.

In case of India & New Zealand they definitely got advantage because of A1 vs B4 & B1 vs A4 definitely they got weak team to play with. Forget about India and to win this world cup again NZ & Aussies are favourites but who knows its a game. Let me tell u cricket becomes a piece of crap after handing over to big 3s

Can you redo the graphic with the latest positions please.

You copy paste master :D

criccup.jpg

Some predictions i got wrong (who thought pak will beat RSA and WI beat pak?) so here's updated one.

NZ will beat WI and RSA will beat SL. Though RSA got beaten by Pak and India, they're still a very good team. Both SL and RSA have not played on this pitch in this tournament.
Pak will lose to Aus 100% if they bat second and some chance of winning if they bat first and give at least 275 total. The ground is going to be melbourne, so Aus will have big advantage. They also beat Eng on this ground on their first game.
Though India lost twice before to England, it is very likely they'll beat them this time due to India's confidence. One thing to note is, England played wellington twice vs NZ and SL in group matches.

In the semis, RSA and NZ are both strong teams. But NZ will have home ground advantage. This is same ground, Auckland, where they beat Aus.
Other semi, India lost 2-0 in test to Australia and not a single game won in tri series. Though they'll have a lot of confidence, Australia is #1 team right now i believe and they'll be playing in Sydney, a home ground advantage. So many odds are against India.

Final will be NZ vs Aus. It is likely Aus will win due to being played in melbourne, but it's hard to predict, considering NZ won their other game vs Aus.

@scrumpy
Ireland can't make it to QF. They have lower NRR than WI, with WI left to play vs UAE where they will score a lot of runs. Meanwhile Ireland has to play India, which will further lower their NRR and even if they win vs Pakistan, it will not be enough, assuming Pakistan doesn't lose by huge huge margins.

Very good prediction bro I'm also analyzing both pool today & find out both 4th and 3rd position teams can go up & down in both pools so its too early to predict so forget about knockout stage too.

In case of India & New Zealand they definitely got advantage because of A1 vs B4 & B1 vs A4 definitely they got weak team to play with. Forget about India and to win this world cup again NZ & Aussies are favourites but who knows its a game. Let me tell u cricket becomes a piece of crap after handing over to big 3s
thats because a1 vs b1 is more interesting and they want to save it for semi finals.

a1 vs b4, thats good team vs weak team. No one is going to watch a4 vs b4 in semi finals, right? And finals will be like a1 vs b4.

This is why it makes sense to have a1 vs b4. Besides, who knows if A1 gets beaten by B4. Pakistan beat RSA and Pakistan was beaten by WI, and WI was beaten by Ireland. It's very unpredictable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom