What's new

MY HALAL, IN HARAM LEAKS

javedm

Reaction score
Touching the latest international hot Panama Leaks topic, the senior journalist and anchor Arif Nizami specifically showed his surprise on the presence of name of Saifullah family who allegedly own more than 30 off shore companies.

2. It has been argued by almost all the participants in these talk shows that unlike the companies or commercial concerns, the individuals who establish such off shore companies do so either to conceal their earnings or to hide their black/unethical money (Haram in the words of this ordinary).

3. Fifteen or so years back an Economist wrote an article entitled “Allowing one single family looting 9 times”. The article detailed how Corporate Law Authority pave legal ways for looters to keep looting in new over newer style. It quoted a KPK family who was allowed loot through nine company. In the list of those 9, one name was Saif Nadeem Kawasaki Motors.

4. Saif Nadeem Kawsaki through press offered the public motorcycles on lucky draw installments. The main attraction for people from lower middle class like me was that this enabled owning a motorcycle on easy installments with a so called incentive of lucky draw. It was to the best memories of this senior citizen the first such a scheme in the country. Seeing how under this modus operandi the public in large scale could be fooled, the country saw soon a mushroom growth of such schemes even in small towns. When Mr. Justice Sardar Mohammad Iqbal so far unmatched for Ombudsman Pakistan took a suo moto note of, the response from the Ministry of Interior was the most lethargic and self speaking. The Ministry responded to the Ombudsman that there needs to be no action as when the public would be looted, people themselves would become cautious in future. I also got membership of the Kawasaki Motorcycle. Despite a cautious person, I got myself trapped in it because the scheme was “officially” given permission by all the four Home Secretaries. The interesting thing is the lucky draw installment sale then, when this written permissions were given, was banned under the Law. This showed the strength and influence of the family and hands in glove participation of our bureaucracy in such looting schemes.

5. I paid full installments. No motorcycle. An official of the Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) visited Kawasaki where it was mutually agreed that since by then the model of the motorcycle had changed hence I pay the different and get the motorcycle. I paid this additional and got a Delivery Order. However, there was a new “looting” in it. The Delivery Order stated Motorcycle could be delivered in one year. Since 25 years that “one year” is not complete. Not just I am alone in it. Thousands and thousands are.

6. On the point that as to how and on what “sweet” the concerned Home Departments gave legal permission for legally an illegal scheme, I went to Punjab and Sindh Ombudsmen. I wrote to dozens of Senators, MNAs, MPAs, Minister, Human Right Organizations including NAB and SC. Till I had physical strength and eye sight I struggled.

7. Now I am old acute diabetic on bonus life. I have today no trust on any ombudsman, any loud speaking PM or any court. Money taken from me “Haram” surely must have long gone to an off shore company. I am near to my last eventual destiny where I will catch the collar of Ombudsmen so called protector of citizens rights who have tall claim calling themselves Qazis under Islamic system.

Welcome to a Pakistan where the Quaid is just a memory and Liaquat Ali Khan just a figment of our imagination.

Back
Top Bottom