What's new

My two cents on the reasons for large scale criticism on the army and IK's political future

I understand your point. As long as Pak army maintains power and does not turn into Punjab Police. That will be a disaster. They should have powers , they have interfered in past because civilian governments have been shockingly terrible. If they had not intervened then Pak would have collapsed. It's because of army that Pakistan is not balkanised. Every enemy knows that it is Pak army that jolds country together hence assaults of Pak Army.
We should understand the game plan here and not fall prey to ideas that will damage the only thing that holds Pakistan together.

They need to be powerful, think is there any other Muslim country with a capable army? At the end of the day this army is going to fight in future wars. Let's not make them toothless.
There is a difference between overstepping your constitutional boundaries to save the country and meddling in civil matters to protect the interests of a few individuals. PA's role can be largely characterized in the latter. If everyone oversteps their boundaries, then hypothetically, what's stopping Punjab police from playing a similar role in Punjab politics?

An I don't buy this balkanization theory. It has been blown out of proportion. One hears such theories about all government departments where even customs officials now say that they are the glue, or in their case tar, that holds the country together.

There is a difference between overstepping your constitutional boundaries to save the country and meddling in civil matters to protect the interests of a few individuals. PA's role can be largely characterized in the latter. If everyone oversteps their boundaries, then hypothetically, what's stopping Punjab police from playing a similar role in Punjab politics?

An I don't buy this balkanization theory. It has been blown out of proportion. One hears such theories about all government departments where even customs officials now say that they are the glue, or in their case tar, that holds the country together.
expand...

They need each other to survive. If they work together I see a great future for Pak, strong respected military with strong capable civilian leadership. Both are extremely important and only by working together for Pakistans interests will Pakistaj becoem a great nation

No balkanisation has not been blown out of proportion, it is a VERY real threat, so is denuclearization. These two things are the underlying aims . If they succeed in spreading anarchy and choas they will level Pak a failed state and international community will intervene to take away Paks nuclear weapons. Them we will be toothless and unable to face wrath of Eastern neighbours who are waiting for right moment. Don't been short sighted

Shadow government is the word that imran must work on.
Come again and you must be ready and not look like a moron.
Start from day one, first second.

Education, healthcare, economics and others must all be worked out.
People must be identified and priorities decided.

That is how you leave a mark. Else you come after 22 years and are still learning the trade....

Make wise use of your time

They need each other to survive. If they work together I see a great future for Pak, strong respected military with strong capable civilian leadership. Both are extremely important and only by working together for Pakistans interests will Pakistaj becoem a great nation
And that's the catch. A strong establishment does not want a strong civilian leadership. A strong civil leadership means a strong oversight of the military and the military does not want that at all.
No balkanisation has not been blown out of proportion, it is a VERY real threat, so is denuclearization. These two things are the underlying aims . If they succeed in spreading anarchy and choas they will level Pak a failed state and international community will intervene to take away Paks nuclear weapons. Them we will be toothless and unable to face wrath of Eastern neighbours who are waiting for right moment. Don't been short sighted
You're talking about two things now. I never talked about denuclearization and never said that its not a threat. I was talking about Balkanization. It is over blown. The bulwark against balkanization is not the army, it should be civil and people to people relationship. The tragedy of our erstwhile eastern wing should serve as a reminder on the limitations of military options.

Back
Top Bottom