What's new

Myths about the Urdu language

Urdu is an Indian language...

Oh my God !! Pakistanis are speaking an Indian language...

Ouch !!! I said too much !!!

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

When u dont know something..it is always better to shut up..or else u will look really stupid..

have u heard the word..'Surya Kiran'?..which means Sun light or rays from Sun...It is a sanskrit word...may be u should try to find more about ur roots...than worship Arabs...

MY dear its Not HINDI language its a lashkeri Zuban(camp) lashker means a place where to differnt Kinds of people live
URDU is the mixture of persian ( parsi ) , turkish , arabic , hindi , and some europen words :D for example Ananas(pineapple) so u cant just call it a hindi language it it was then why in 1800 their was also a fight btw muslims and hindus for urdu and hindi

How did you come up with that? Punjabi bore out of Sanskrit as well, so Urdu also has Sanskrit influence. Sanskrit originated from the Indus Valley in present day Pakistan as well, and the oldest Vedas were composed in present day Pakistan.
Yes, Shaurseni originated from Classical Sanskrit.

Punjab & Lahore was also a part of pre-1947 North India, wasn't it?

North India means those states where Muslims consider Urdu as their mother tongue. Bengali Muslim or Telugu Muslims(not Hyderabadi) don't consider Urdu as their language.

muslims official language was farsi or other such languages --- the british chose urdu for communicating with their muslim slaves and traiend them in fort william calcutta in urdu.

MY dear its Not HINDI language its a lashkeri Zuban(camp) lashker means a place where to differnt Kinds of people live
URDU is the mixture of persian ( parsi ) , turkish , arabic , hindi , and some europen words :D for example Ananas(pineapple) so u cant just call it a hindi language it it was then why in 1800 their was also a fight btw muslims and hindus for urdu and hindi

Hindi and Urdu was the issue of North India, so it is no way related to Punjabis or Sindhis.

There are studies that show Lahore is where Urdu was born. Anyways, even if we agree that Urdu had its birth in present day India, does that mean Sikhism & Hinduism are Pakistani religions, as they started out from there?

Urdu was developed in Lahore but ironically when the British imperialist replaced Persian with Urdu as official language at subordinate level in Punjab, they had to import officers from U.P because the overwhelming majority of Punjab was illiterate in Urdu.

Mutala e Pakistan is full of this kind of pap. The English speaking elite has gone to every length to shove their false ideology, myths and lies down the throat of poor children, and they have made it sure that the masses of Pakistan remain confused and identity less. Those who have shoved Urdu down our throats keep it away from their children and send them to English Medium Schools. The following excerpt has been taken from mutala e Pakistan (Pakistan studies), read and laugh.

"Gradually Urdu has developed to a stage where now it is considered one of the more developed languages of the world. Not only that, but next to Arabic, Urdu is the only language which has no equal in the world. The fact is that even English and French languages are losing their popularity and importance before the Urdu language":

On the contrary, it is quite evident that vulgar and insensitive slang words are being copied by our side from yours. We already have many bad things that we acquired from your culture while we lived together but your cinema and media has a major influence in the continuous extension of civil and moral boundaries on this side.

And my Indian Punjabi friends always forced us to speak in Urdu, they would learn to speak from us, they would adopt our style, our pronunciation and our use of the words. So I do not know what you are talking about mate.

no thanks i wouldnt believe you. its considerd low to speak in urdu. you are lieing buddy. how many sardars you see speaking in hindi forget urdu ? we dont wanna speak urdu. its bhaiya language for us.

"Gradually Urdu has developed to a stage where now it is considered one of the more developed languages of the world. Not only that, but next to Arabic, Urdu is the only language which has no equal in the world. The fact is that even English and French languages are losing their popularity and importance before the Urdu language":

Now that was a joke. No wonder our education system is in shambles.

Arabic has no comparison with Urdu. It is far far more cast than Urdu. Same with French and English.

Not degrading Urdu, but this was too much.

no thanks i wouldnt believe you. its considerd low to speak in urdu. you are lieing buddy. how many sardars you see speaking in hindi forget urdu ? we dont wanna speak urdu. its bhaiya language for us.

Unlike Pakistani Punjabis, Indians Punjabis have preserved Punjabi language very properly by making it official language of Punjab state, Punjabi as a medium of education and making Punjabi music as a popular music in India.

It was written in Shahmuki kaka.

Why is it called Shahmukhi Script I can't see much difference between Shahmukhi and Urdu script.

Shahmukhi1.JPG

600px-Urdu-alphabet-en-hi-final.svg.png

Howsoever you may add Arabic and Persian words to Urdu, there is no denying the fact that the syntax, the form, the fundamentals of the language are derived from Hindi and not from Arabic.

he camp followers, the vast Hindi-speaking population attached to the Imperial Court who adapted, as they went along, more Arabic and Persian words into the syntax of their own language just as in later days the English words such as glass and cup became part of a new form of Urdu called Hindustani.

-Aga khan

is this a myth?

I have seen Indians take quite a bit of interest in Urdu... well its clear Indian Muslims would... in Hyderabad our people almost totally speak urdu while the others speak telugu.

However this interest in Urdu includes Hindus. Many mushaira's you have these Hindus who are excellent shair's. We have not taken as much interest in Hindi. Even Indian Muslims have totally refused to accept it. I think there should be a cultural exchange program where we share each others languages and try to learn them.

I have seen Indians take quite a bit of interest in Urdu... well its clear Indian Muslims would... in Hyderabad our people almost totally speak urdu while the others speak telugu.

However this interest in Urdu includes Hindus. Many mushaira's you have these Hindus who are excellent shair's. We have not taken as much interest in Hindi. Even Indian Muslims have totally refused to accept it. I think there should be a cultural exchange program where we share each others languages and try to learn them.

it could mean 2 things.

1. Hindi is NOT as good a language as Urdu is. (which perhaps you implied and would like to think so)
2. Some "groups" in general are really closed minded, aren't they?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom