What's new

Myths about the Urdu language

Again Bharatis come and try to claim ours as theirs. Piss off. You cannot even understand Urdu, yet make these outrageous claims.

That's because most of the things that Pakistan has are Indic with Arabic or Persian influences. This includes the Land you call Pakistan today. (Pujab, sindh -Indic and Baluchistan -Perso-arabic, NWFP Central Asian and very small)

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Can you decipher the bold part? What I am getting is that you write URDU in Devanagari script?

Please consult the article posted to understand that.

We write Urdu in the same script that you use. But it hardly matters which script we use to write the language in. Unless you are in to calligraphy.

alphtable1.gif

Lol so from where this thing looks like to be Indian?

alphtable1.gif

Lol so from where this thing looks like to be Indian?
Script is just used to write the language. It has very little contribution to the language. Just like Roman script being used to write Vietnamese and Malay.

Thank you..

The North east urdu is an adapted form of what was spoken in the courts of Hyderabad Deccan.

In 2011 census of India 5% people or 60 Millions Indian said Urdu as their mother Tongue compared to 14 Million people in Pakistan identifying Urdu as mother Tongue . Urdu is official language in 6 states/UT of India and one of the 22 Official languages in India. Indian Railway and many government departments uses three language signboards in North-India viz. English-Hindi-Urdu

Urdu is based on Khariboli dialect of Delhi and Western Uttar Pradesh having large number of loanword from Persian. As for script there are many letters in the script added specially to pronounce specially Indian pronunciation.

English is written in Roman script but related to German language but which since 10th century AD absorbed lots of loanwords from French after the Norman Conquest.

This message has been deleted by Oscar.
Reason
Moderator mistake.. request made to redo excellent post

Lol. Oscar stop with this indiscriminate firing. :D

lol, indians claiming urdu while urdu gets more patronage in pakistan than in india ever

urdu is one of the least spoken languages in india so get over with it

it is our language stick with your bollywood please:angry:

apun ki language ka balatkaar mat karo, shanti karo

Not at all amalgamation of arabic words in hindi is a known fact, but please bear in mind , we have 22 official languages and urdu is just one of them, some of them have inherited the older languages like pali sanskrit prakrit retaining the rich cultural heritage of India. Indians are very proud that they have retained their regional languages, dialects and different scripts.

Urdu is an Indian language...

Oh my God !! Pakistanis are speaking an Indian language...

Ouch !!! I said too much !!!

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

When u dont know something..it is always better to shut up..or else u will look really stupid..

have u heard the word..'Surya Kiran'?..which means Sun light or rays from Sun...It is a sanskrit word...may be u should try to find more about ur roots...than worship Arabs...

"India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages"
------------------(source: The Case for India - By Will Durant (1885-1981) eminent American historian)

NASA and others have been looking at Sanskrit as a possible computer language since its syntax is perfect and leaves little room for error

Pure form!?? it's Hindustani :rofl::rofl:

The Hindu-stanis have their panties tangled up again.

Guys just look at the alphabets, they are the same as Arabic.
Anyone who knows Urdu will understand a reasonable amount of Persian because a lot of the words are the same.
Like i said before Urdu and Persian are to Arabic what English and french are to Latin.

Now as for Urdu being from North India NO !
Urdu has more to do from Hyderabad Deccan because that was the area most highly influenced by Foreigners.

Languages of the courts were Persian and Arabic because the masters were not bothered by local languages.

The local Hindu-stani languages had to adapt to accommodate the language of the Masters and comply with Master's courts.

Script is just used to write the language. It has very little contribution to the language. Just like Roman script being used to write Vietnamese and Malay.

Dude script matters alot, like if you write کھڑکنہ in roman, reader cannot make correctly pronounce it and will not understand the world unless he/she is native or expert in language.

PS: The word i have written is actually Punjabi word

In 2011 census of India 5% people or 60 Millions Indian said Urdu as their mother Tongue compared to 14 Million people in Pakistan identifying Urdu as mother Tongue . Urdu is official language in 6 states/UT of India and one of the 22 Official languages in India. Indian Railway and many government departments uses three language signboards in North-India viz. English-Hindi-Urdu

Urdu is based on Khariboli dialect of Delhi and Western Uttar Pradesh having large number of loanword from Persian. As for script there are many letters in the script added specially to pronounce specially Indian pronunciation.

English is written in Roman script but related to German language but which since 10th century AD absorbed lots of loanwords from French after the Norman Conquest.

Its ok boy ... pride will tear you apart.
Do you even know Arabic to be making such points ?

BTW, what you call Urdu may not be urdu.
I have some Hyderabadies trying to speak to me, I don't understand 70% of what they say !

As I have mentioned before, now their language is adapting to their master's language .... get what I mean !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom