What's new

Namak Haram !!!

So basically 1/3 of our terrorism is caused directly by afghani refugees, so if we get rid of afghani refugees we can reduce terrorism by 1/3 I reckon that's amassing win to us if we can get rid of the Afghans

I bet you a big chunk of the remaining 2/3 of terrorism is by afghans who have false Pakistani I.D cards and really see themselves as Afghans as opposed to Pakistani

We need nadra to look at when and how these cards were issued and if we can cancel cards and send those afghans back to Afghanistan, this will go a long way and ensure terrorism in Pakistan is ended

Iranians at the moment are the only Muslim country standing up for Palestine, what are sunni Arab countries doing?
Half of Shia Hazaras in Quetta have come after the war in Afghanistan and have got Pakistani CNIC.

Nida Kirmani

@NidaKirmani
·
1h

The forced deportation of Afghans (& even some Pakistani Pashtuns) is another distraction tactic being used by the state. Racism & xenophobia always sell at times of crisis, & if state officials (especially the police) can make an extra buck through bribes, it's an added bonus!

Half of Shia Hazaras in Quetta have come after the war in Afghanistan and have got Pakistani CNIC.

We should kick them out too, but let's ask ourselves how much terrorism have Shia hazaras caused????

As a Muslim I am more inclined to help them as fellow Muslims to live a peaceful life and become productive Pakistani citizens

They are not the ones attacking mosques or Pakistani military bases, whilst demanding we don't throw them out

We all know the type of Afghans causing the problems, and if any of you want them to stay in Pakistan,, then you need to work fast to get them to stop causing fassad and deshatgardi before it's too late

I am not very familiar with this situation but is this a strategic blunder or the best of a bad set of options?

I have seen anecdotally that the average pushtun has a very open and deep desire to conquer Pakistani territory as a part of a broader pushtun aim, this is harboured despite being in no realistic position to do so. It therefore makes you think how deeply is this ingrained?

Ideally ofcourse I think many Pakistanis would like to make common purpose with Afghans, why can this not happen?

Any takers to help explain this?

Ammar Ali Jan

@ammaralijan
·
1h

Detaining, deporting, or harassing Afghan refugees will not improve Pakistan's economic, political or security situation. It's a ploy used by a frightened and incompetent government to distract the public. Stop being fooled by these pointless gimmicks!

Any takers to help explain this?
Pashtuns have ruled over the whole of India and Punjab also so any Pashtun who has read history may have some grandiose non-serious claims over Punjab or upto Attock.

Zia ul haq and his generals had a vision for a greater and more powerful Pakistan with Afghanistan as a strategic depth. He made the same mistake as Bhutto and crossed the limits imposed by the US.

Now, when the time has come to reap the benefits of the 40 year war, the present govt. has foolishly made all the Pashtuns in Afghanistan and Pakistan its and Punjab's enemy by forcing out Afghan refugees.

Insurgency was present in Pakistan at a much higher levels during Musharaff/Kiani eras and was tackled through better strategies.

To make common purpose with the Afghans, I have suggested making a Customs Union with Afghanistan, Iran and Turkey. A small and weak nation cannot make any impact in the world. It cannot even survive by itself. Both Bhutto and Zia paid the ultimate price by crossing the American limit imposed on them. To become a big power like India, we can make a joint cause with the Afghans, Turks and Iranians by making a Customs Union just like the European Union.

In this way we will get out of our economic problems and become a strong confederation with a say on World stage.

It is my personal opinion that if the Punjabis and Pashtuns combine, they can rule over this whole region. They already have experience together in the army and bureaucracy.

Shafiq Ahmad Adv

@ShafiqAhmadAdv3
·
1h

پاکستان میں ایک کروڑ سے کم بلوچ ہیں اور صرف چند ہزار مزاحمت کاروں نے پاکستانی فوج کو ہر ماہ باندر بنایا ھوتا ہے اور اب 2,3 لاکھ افغان نکال کر 4 کروڑ سے زائد پشتونوں میں نفرت پیدا کرنا کہاں کی عقلمندی ہے کیونکہ بلوچ کی طرح انکا دماغ گھوم گیا تو یہ فیڈریشن ایک ماہ مشکل سے نکالے گی

Pashtuns have ruled over the whole of India and Punjab also so any Pashtun who has read history may have some grandiose non-serious claims over Punjab or upto Attock.

Zia ul haq and his generals had a vision for a greater and more powerful Pakistan with Afghanistan as a strategic depth. He made the same mistake as Bhutto and crossed the limits imposed by the US.

Now, when the time has come to reap the benefits of the 40 year war, the present govt. has foolishly made all the Pashtuns in Afghanistan and Pakistan its and Punjab's enemy by forcing out Afghan refugees.

Insurgency was present in Pakistan at a much higher levels during Musharaff/Kiani eras and was tackled through better strategies.

To make common purpose with the Afghans, I have suggested making a Customs Union with Afghanistan, Iran and Turkey. A small and weak nation cannot make any impact in the world. It cannot even survive by itself. Both Bhutto and Zia paid the ultimate price by crossing the American limit imposed on them. To become a big power like India, we can make a joint cause with the Afghans, Turks and Iranians by making a Customs Union just like the European Union.

In this way we will get out of our economic problems and become a strong confederation with a say on World stage.

It is my personal opinion that if the Punjabis and Pashtuns combine, they can rule over this whole region. They already have experience together in the army and bureaucracy.
Thank you, a detailed response.

Can you imagine the pushtun in reality wanting to share, or is it that the Punjabis have never given a chance?

The problem I see is that many pashtuns actually have a deep racial hatred to Punjabis, it's not a political or economic gripe, Punjabi's do not have the racial hate to the same extent , just my observations.

Therefore if it's the case that you have millions of potentially unfriendly guests better to have them over there instead of here type of logic is not crazy.

On the other hand, as you allude to there is now no chance for common cause with this action and you have potential enemies.

Would this action help Pakistan have more leverage over the Taliban?

At present Pashtuns are sharing the resources to a lesser degree than the Punjabis through participation in bureaucracy and the army. However, this step will alienate most of them. Intelligence based operations should be done against the miscreants. Collective punishment is not the solution. It was favoured by Stalin by doing mass deportations. But these days every body has a mobile phone and every call is being recorded so there is no need for strong arm solutions.

The real problem is separate. I have learnt that Hafiz sahab is not getting enough sleep so that is why he is taking extreme measures. Soon, these tactics will backfire as all the affectees will unite on a one point agenda to oust Hafiz.

It is said that Hajaj Bin Yusuf asked a saint to give him advice. The saint replied that sleep in the afternoon. The moral of the story was that as long as he slept, the people would be safe from him.

Nida Kirmani
@NidaKirmani
·
1h

The forced deportation of Afghans (& even some Pakistani Pashtuns) is another distraction tactic being used by the state. Racism & xenophobia always sell at times of crisis, & if state officials (especially the police) can make an extra buck through bribes, it's an added bonus!

Keep it in mind. Pakistan is for Pakistanis, not for Afghanis nor for any others.

War is ended in their country, Pak govt should kick all Afghanis, they are legal or illegal, it does not matter.

If we accept they are not involved in terrorism, murder, raping, snatching,
but they are making jobless to real Pakistanis. For Example, if you hire a Pakistani labour, Pakistani labour will get 1000 pkr, Afghani will get 500-600. Will you hire Afghani or Pakistani in Pakistan? Pakistani govt unable to feed her own people, millions are jobless. can they afford to give jobs to Afghanis and Pakistanis both.

Afghani secret agents KHAD were involved in bomb attacks in Pakistan in 1970, when there were no Soviets nor Americans. Their militants even in 1955.

Ammar Ali Jan

@ammaralijan
·
1h

Detaining, deporting, or harassing Afghan refugees will not improve Pakistan's economic, political or security situation. It's a ploy used by a frightened and incompetent government to distract the public. Stop being fooled by these pointless gimmicks!

You yourself stated that afghan refugees are known to be the terrorists in 1/3 of all terrorists acts

And in reality probably much much more considering all the wannabe afghans involved in deshatgardi

That alone should be reason enough to kick them out..

But what about everything else, jobs, housing, robbery, etc

At the moment we receive NO BENEFITS from Afghans, only costs

- War is over
- Afghanistan is their home, they need to go back to their home as it's safe now - Pakistan is not their home
Compared to all other countries we have been fabulous hosts to Afghans and almost made them our own but at the same time it's not their country

- Iran is sending 5 million Afghans back to Afghanistan with no backlash
- we need to do this gradually with slow, careful planing so it doesn't
A- end being unjustly inhumane towards Afghans as that'll be a pr disaster
B- doesn't result in discrimination within the country
- There's responsible government in Afghanistan who are more than capable of taking care of their own people
- They should be happy that after so many years they're returning to a peaceful country

There's nothing deep to it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom