What's new

Naval and Military developments in Turkey’s neighborhood

They say mine biggest oponent is myself. But when it comes to the legend, we are the biggest...:-) Another new video about Turkey.

He should watch out, if he goes like this he will get heart attack...

I don’t know why so many people even bother to watch what that crazy guy from some second rate Greek TV says about Turkey... Like his words even matter or change anything.

Much more important things are done and said by the Greek politicians and lobbies every week in Washington and other world capitals that almost nobody in Turkey even notices while underestimating the Greeks and while laughing at them...

Don’t ever underestimate your opponents and overestimate your own powers. Falling down while flying too high can sometimes be painful.

^Taking them too serious is wrong too, they are people completely fcked up from the economic crysis, that country has no future whatsoever and their lobbiysm might have had a bigger effect in the past but with the dynamics in the world changing and that to the disfavor of the west their lobbysm will have a smaller impact definitive and already has.

The greek speaker guy btw does it to encourage his miserable people to become self sufficient by showcasing our advancements in all these areas of defense so what hes doing is actually "good" for them. "look at these turks and where they stand now and where they are heading and look at us, we have to catch up by developing things ourselves" that is the message hes sending to his people and it is fine yet not to be taken serious, Greece is small and irrelevant.

^^
Of course that Greece shouldn’t be overestimated but you underestimate them too much. Yes, the crisis hit them very hard and their debt is still very high but they made some reforms and their economy is recovering. EU money keeps on coming and investments from China and America are increasing too. Their plans in the energy sector (gas and oil fields in the seas around them plus LNG terminals and pipelines) will probably start giving fruits in the future too. China brought Piraeus Port and intends on making it one of the biggest in Europe and a gateway for their products to Europe- it’s an impressive project. Their tourism is better than it has ever been and their agriculture is on a very good level too. Their infrastructure projects are going good and expanding very fast... again with EU money.

As you know their lobbyists in Washington, Europe and the Anglo- Saxon countries are pretty strong so they will always have a huge backing from them in the military field too. Even today they have a very well equipped and prepared Armed Forces and an Air Defense on a higher level than Turkey for now.

Of course if all the projects Turkey works on give fruits and are successful we will go to the Champions League but still Greeks should not be underestimated. They have their strong cards to use too.
Never forget the things people who hate you in their guts are capable off in their quest to harm you.

Last edited:
Logistics for the Air Force must be a nightmare :cheesy:
Mirage V, Mirage 2000, F-16, Mig 29, Dassault Rafale, 2020/2021 first Su-35's and now Eurofighter.

Egyptians spend a lot on all kinds of weapons they can get in the last years. Quantity wise they are becoming huge.

24 eurofighters:-)? F16, Migs, Rafaele and Mirage is crazy shit 5 different fighters. Operational costs will be great, in the end will they able to maintain that different fighters? Upgrading will be costly, they wanted to upgrade ther F16, but that will cost againg billion of 3 maybe only a squadron F16.

Egyptians spend a lot on all kinds of weapons they can get in the last years. Quantity wise they are becoming huge.

They buy a lot military equipment but also lose a lot
4 aircrafts in 2019 and 1 in 2020 that’s 5 aircraft
This idiot sisi is just signing military deals so that he can secure western support but we will see very soon whether egyptian economy can back it up we should keep an eye on GERD dam
Of course logistics issues and unprofessionalism of egyptian army are another important factor that should be mentioned

Ok, so clearly Egyptian generals are doing a better job running their army companies compared to Pakistani generals. Not only that, but it seems these guys are signing deals and packing back offsets into these same companies, making them grow and generate more money, for more deals. @PAR 5

Ok, so clearly Egyptian generals are doing a better job running their army companies compared to Pakistani generals. Not only that, but it seems these guys are signing deals and packing back offsets into these same companies, making them grow and generate more money, for more deals. @PAR 5

Egypt is like Saudi Arabia. They’ll never fight a war and yet they continue to collect all kinds of battle toys that brings financial joys mostly to Generals and Prince alike. Both are humble servants of US and Israel interests

Turkey should up its numbers too. There will be a major conflict in the next few years so we should have a lot of equipment. If I was in charge of TSK I would order a lot of IFVs (not APCs) and medium tanks as well as a lot more Frigates and Corvettes. Also we should seek a jet deal as a stop gap until we get TFX.

Wr have so many projects we just need to start buying our own products...

Egypt is now israeli property that’s why they have access to most advanced western weapons
I personally wouldn’t like pakistan to become israeli bitch so that modern weapons would be granted to pakistani army/airforce/navy
I guess neither you or any other pakistani wouldn’t like pakistan to lose honor and dignity in exchange for western weapons

It seems a financial agreement was found between France and Greece for two FDI frigates. The construction of the second FDI will begin at the end of 2020 and it could be built for Greece actually. The launch would take place in 2023 and the delivery in 2024. The second one would be delivered in 2025 or 2026. Greece is still hesitating for a third and a fourth frigate.

EQvEjTjXkAA2_zX.jpg

The French and Greek frigates will adopt the same configuration. 3 x SYLVER A50 + 1 x SYLVER A70. (32 VLS / 24 for Aster 15/30 missiles / 8 for cruise missiles.) and 8 exocet missiles. The main gun will be a 76 mm/62 Super Rapido from Otobreda.

The difference between the two configurations will be the integration of Phalanx CIWS on the Greek frigates. However according to French sources,the Greek have opted instead for a RAM MK 31 GMWS on each frigate.

What an ugly ship. The skinny mast design looks odd to me. Anyway, I Hope It’s full of issues and they’re at each others throats. Hurry up tf2000!

Back
Top Bottom