What's new

Naval LCA successfully completes First Flight!

Sadly, I couldn't be there, but I had a friend hold his phone to the air at Bangalore's HAL airport as the LCA Navy roared into the air a few moments ago.

The NP-1 took off at 12.10pm on a 20 minute flight. The aircraft was piloted by Commodore J.A. Maolanker, Chief Test Pilot with the NFTC, and co-piloted by Wing Commander M. Prabhu, flight test engineer (FTE).

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal N.A.K. Browne, Deputy Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Satish Soni and DRDO chief Dr V.K. Saraswat were among those who witnessed the first flight.

The twin-seat trainer prototype, NP-1 has had several technical hurdles that the team has worked hard to sort out. Stay tuned for updates and photos. As always, you heard it first on Livefist :)

Livefist: BREAKING: LCA Navy Takes Off!

---------

Shiv Aroor confirms via Twitter that the bird has landed.

P1050211.JPG

P1050212.JPG

P1050213.JPG

Livefist: FIRST PHOTOS: LCA Navy Makes Debut Flight

Man this thing still exists, LCA yet to full fill IAF minimum requirements :lol: and i don't see any role in IN other then training.

wow, airframe is looking sexier than IAF version. :smitten: :smitten:

Man this thing still exists, LCA yet to full fill IAF minimum requirements :lol: and i don't see any role in IN other then training.

you mean, this thing exists and pokes in ur eyes, since u have none? ;)

haha we have better than this see the pic its actually Naval role aircraft, only Indians getting fooled again and again by change of designations and indigenous failed fantasies.

JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-Ship+cruise+missile+with+range+of+180+kilometers+255+c803+yj83+PLAAF+Navy+attack+operational+maritime+fighter+jet+pakistan+air+force+china+%25285%2529.jpg

Why don't you do some research before posting this comment. The other guy was wrong by bringing Pakistan in this thread, You did wrong by replying to his post,

Congrats to ADA....They should also fastrack their work on NP-2. Plus it should complete all its tests and weapons trial in two year frame so that no hiccups in Testing and flying N LCA Mk-2. And please my fellow Indian members don't feed the stupid trolls. Their work here is that of Digvijay Singh in Congress...

'Man this thing still exists,
LCA yet to full fill IAF
minimum requirements and
i don't see any role in IN
other then training.'..........Yeah to train them to sink some PNS fishing boats. Go have some sleep and then talk. It's a big leap in Nval aviation. Here comes the lightest naval fighter .

I think what will end up happening is the IN will use the N-LCA as an advanced lead-in trainer for IN pilots to operate heavy, more capable IN fighters of the futre like Mig-29K/N-MMRCA similar to USN's T-45 Gorshawk but more advanced and can go supersonic. As it seems there are still some major hurldles the N-LCA has too pass and the IN have said they won't wait any longer than they have too. Given their is a pressing need for Naval fighters and the IAC-2 will be larger and probly CATOBAR we will most likely see the IAC-1 and INS Vikramditya air wings be complelty Mig-29Ks and IAC-2 being filled with N-MMRCA and N-LCA being an amazing lead-in trainer. The IAF's LCA Mk.2 will be an awseome machine and good for them, it just seems the N-LCA will miss the boat a bit to be a frontline fighter for IN but the technlogy and know-how can be put to extensive use in designing the N-AMCA/N-FGFA.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:
What the hell....
Thread khola aur aadhe posts deleted...
What happened raphael??

Video:
| Video | Naval version of LCA Tejas takes off successfully | India Videos | - India Today

man, this naval version is so different. Wings are tipped upwards a bit and plane is waving even when running on runway. :yahoo:

"20 Mins of flight but yet some problems occurred"
This is the major problem that has ruin the whole Tejas program. Almost every new development or achievement for Tejas ends up with some problems or delays or If everything go well then it ends up over Military / GOI concerns for being less satisfactory.
If we exclude these factors then we might be able to see, at least a Sqn of Tejas flying with IAF.

Again NAVAL Tejas has disappointed me, I thought it might be taking off form RAMP runway that is built in India. But it is taking its first test flight today after two years. Man that's dead slow.
BTW why there is no complete take off video.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom