What's new

Navy Chief quits over spate of submarine mishaps

I think the FOC Western Naval Command must also put in his papers. This is getting to be a joke.

Secondly, the Government must also take their share of blame seeing their utter disregard for acquisitions that are years behind schedule due to the procrastination of the babus and the clueless politicians we are saddled with.

I think the FOC Western Naval Command must also put in his papers. This is getting to be a joke.

Secondly, the Government must also take their share of blame seeing their utter disregard for acquisitions that are years behind schedule due to the procrastination of the babus and the clueless politicians we are saddled with.
Perhaps but it's really the latter who deserve the punishments. Instead it is the men with honour being held to account and taking their fates like men whilst the people really responsible are cowering and doing nothing.

It's a case of aged machines being pushed too far. Look at the mig-21 case as soon as they started being replaced by more modern birds- wouldn't you know it, the IAF's accident rate starts dropping and they are able to record their safest year in decades (2012 iirc).

Vice Admiral Robin Dhowan will take over as acting Navy Chief till a new Chief is appointed

Robin_Dhowan_acting_navy_chief_360x270.jpg

Navy chief Admiral DK Joshi resigns taking responsibility for submarine accidents | NDTV.com

Good decision by him, to step up and say ''The buck stops with me''. The IN's submarine arm has a lot of soul searching to do.

My thinking is Admiral was asked to step down in an honorable way. His resignation would not have been accepted immediately if it was a surprise for Govt.

Sabotage by our friends across the border or the role of submarine weapon dealers cannot be ruled out..........welcome to the italian mafia world.
[/quote]

Finally you hit the nail....:enjoy:

Navy chief Admiral DK Joshi resigns hours after submarine accident

This is the 10th mishap involving an Indian Navy warship and the third submarine accident in the last seven months.
The Big Indication of serious problems.

Sabotage by our friends across the border or the role of submarine weapon dealers cannot be ruled out..........welcome to the italian mafia world.
[/quote]
Sabotage means serious security irregularities ????

Navy is going to dogs. Even if we accept that the Subs are old, still how will be explain the mishaps involving the surface ships? Something is rotten inside the Indian Navy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom