What's new

Nawaz seeks a ‘VVIP plane’ to attend SAARC Summit: Report

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Nawaz seeks a ‘VVIP plane’ to attend SAARC Summit: Report

Islamabad- Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif has asked the PIA for a ‘VVIP Boeing-777 aircraft’ instead of going through his own plane, to participate in the SAARC Summit in Khatmandu.
A private TV channel has claimed that the prime minister asked the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) to provide a Boeing-777 aircraft for carrying him and other cabinet members to Khatmandu, for participating in the SAARC Conference on November 25.
Sources told that the PM Secretariat wrote a confidential and immediate note to the PIA administration, directing it to arrange a VVIP Boeing-777 aircraft for PM Nawaz Sharif and send it to Islamabad.
The national airliner is already short of many passenger planes, while in case of arranging another plane for the premier will cost it losses worth of several crore rupees per day, hundreds of thousands of fuel is apart. Moreover, the PM Secretariat also directed for keeping an Airbus 320 aircraft on stand-by for the PM, the channel said.

Doesnt PAF operates special Aircrafts for Nawaz

Indian Airforce has of 3 Boeing Business Jets configured with a missile defence suite to ferry Modi and Co, while Air India also has a Boeing 747 Dedicated just for PM's long haul journeys

Doesnt PAF operates special Aircrafts for Nawaz

Indian Airforce has of 3 Boeing Business Jets configured with a missile defence suite to ferry Modi and Co, while Air India also has a Boeing 747 Dedicated just for PM's long haul journeys
Potians like to hate on PM.

They don't know that the small jet is far more comfortable than PIA 777 or a320. But perhaps the small jet doesn't fit the delegation, right? So should they go back and forth with the jet or carry them all in one ferry?

We had a problem before when Nawaz used small jet to get to UN and people were complaining why doesn't he fly economy class. Meanwhile Modi flew in 747, but that's fine, because only Pakistani PM has to be grilled.

Which one would you travel in?

2214094[1].jpg
1_Legacy_600_interior_001_alta[1].jpg

777 vs learjet business. I think Nawaz will choose learjet (pad owns that)

Not sure how inside looks for paf version, but it's far more comfortable than a 777

Edit: I want to add that perhaps PM could've taken a310, as they've similar seats. But it's not as safe as a 777. I don't think they need 300 vs 200 seats. Or maybe they have 60 member delegation and 777 have 60 business seats or so.

Last edited:
We had a problem before when Nawaz used small jet to get to UN and people were complaining why doesn't he fly economy class. Meanwhile Modi flew in 747, but that's fine, because only Pakistani PM has to be grilled.
it was justified observing the situation we are in indian PM has no comparison with our PM

Modi does not have corruption charges against him and the common man of India loves Modi. Whereas in Pakistan, well you know the situation very well.......

They don't know that the small jet is far more comfortable than PIA 777 or a320. But perhaps the small jet doesn't fit the delegation, right? So should they go back and forth with the jet or carry them all in one ferry?

And Marvi Memon said that Nawaz Sharif went to US in a small (chota jahaz) and uncomfortable plane....
yesterday , 10‘o clock dunya TV

although I know that the plane which was operated by PAF isnt uncomfortable

Miya sahb Thahere VIP Admi. Aisa Vaisa Plane to chalega nahi.

And Marvi Memon said that Nawaz Sharif went to US in a small (chota jahaz) and uncomfortable plane....
yesterday , 10‘o clock dunya TV

although I know that the plane which was operated by PAF isnt uncomfortable
You can twist words, which is what marvi did.

Chotah jahaz is uncomfortable. If you ask her for explanation, the height is an issue, for example, she'll add. But 777 has 2-2-2 business seats vs 1-1 in "chotah jahaz." Not sure exact outline of the plane, but usually they have couches as well.

Personally, and many others, will choose to fly in chotah jahaz vs 777.

You can twist words, which is what marvi did.

Chotah jahaz is uncomfortable. If you ask her for explanation, the height is an issue, for example, she'll add. But 777 has 2-2-2 business seats vs 1-1 in "chotah jahaz." Not sure exact outline of the plane, but usually they have couches as well.

Personally, and many others, will choose to fly in chotah jahaz vs 777.

I have travelled in a Gulfstream G5 Business Jet in a Dubai to India flight with some Execs.

Its far more comfortable than even the Business class of the A380

I have travelled in a Gulfstream G5 Business Jet in a Dubai to India flight with some Execs.

With how many persons?

Potians like to hate on PM.

Which one would you travel in?

View attachment 154887 View attachment 154888

777 vs learjet business. I think Nawaz will choose learjet (pad owns that)

Not sure how inside looks for paf version, but it's far more comfortable than a 777
why do nawaz need to take so big delegation . we know he cant speak a word and need a advisor for every thing but dam like how many men he need to serve him

View attachment 154886

Nice. I've only ever travelled once in business 747 of pia back in 20001, no private for me :(
But i did fly a cessna privately once (turbo prop)

Though I can travel in air canada business for quite cheap, I think i rather get something that will make me happy over extended time than 5 hours.

But thanks for coming in support. I uploaded a couple pics above to show comparrison. Sadly, both of us will be ignored by potians. They protest when nawaz uses small jet or big jet. Never happy. But Imran can travel private jet just fine, because the jet belongs to his friend.

Oh and eithad is getting full bedroom etc in its a380. Will be quite nice for heads of state. Too bad security reasons cannot allow it as well as it doesn't come to Pakistan.

What difference does it make which aircraft he travels in ?

Back
Top Bottom