What's new

Near Pakistan Border, No Rest for BSF Men & No Peace for Villagers

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BSF jawans near International Border seem to be on duty round the clock.
Jammu: As firing and shelling escalates along the International Border with Pakistan in Jammu, we travelled to ground zero in a bullet-proof vehicle of the Border Security Force or the BSF to assess the ground situation.

The Arnia sector has witnessed the most intense ceasefire violations over the last few days.

Pakistani rangers are using small arms and automatic weapons from across the border; they are also firing mortar shells towards the BSF posts and the villages at the International Border.

BSF men claim they are adequately retaliating to Pakistan's aggression.

According to the BSF, there have been as many as 30 ceasefire violations at the International Border in Jammu since July 16.

BSF jawans here are doing their duty round the clock. With the firing and shelling virtually becoming a daily feature, the situation is extremely tense, and the jawans cannot afford to lower their guard for a moment.

But the real victims are those living in the villages along the International Border.

One of them is Gurcharan Singh, who lives in RS Pura Sector. His house bears the testimony of the volatile situation - most of its walls are splinter-riddled. Mr Singh shows us a rocket that landed in his house during the night.

"The situation is very bad. The government had announced a few years ago that locals living near the border will be allotted plots of land at a safe distance, but so far, nothing has been done," says Mr Singh.

Dozens of villagers have been migrating due to the incessant shelling and firing. Many of them are camping in a school at Rangpur in RS Pura.

"We can't live in peace either during the night or in the day, we are scared," says a villager who has just migrated along with his family.

Unless there is an end to ceasefire violations and these villagers are reassured about their safety, they may not be able to go back to their homes, or enjoy a moment of peace.
Story first published: Aug 25, 2014 21:27 IST

Near Pakistan Border, No Rest for BSF Men & No Peace for Villagers - NDTV

Why is India's military so buzzdil and darpoke? How can India's democratically elected Hindu Fascist Prime Minister Narendra Modi allow a country four times smaller than India to bully his motherland?

I am shocked at Indian military's cowardice.

Why is India's military so buzzdil and darpoke? How can India's democratically elected Hindu Fascist Prime Minister Narendra Modi allow a country four times smaller than India to bully his motherland?

Pakistan should actually take advantage of this weakness and invade.

ask people living in sialkot sector whose the boss

We don't bully kids. Goes against our morals. We just whip them now and again and they tend to fall into line :D

you bullying us?I know its your fantasy but the reality is completely opposite.And pray tell me what you want us to do? Atomi bum dhamaka? Pls get your meds on time and avoid serious topic.It will help you in long run.

Get well soon
Your shoobh chintak
- Sardara

Pakistan should actually take advantage of this weakness and invade.

Looking at India's condition and the fact that every ill that befalls it is because of Pakistan or ISI, i think Pakistan doesn't need to invade. Job is already done. Plus our troops won't have any toilets to use. So thank you. Meanwhile you can ask your BSF men to stay away from getting swept by rivers and ending up in Pakistan.

ask people living in sialkot sector whose the boss

Ask those living in Mumbai who is the boss.

Looking at India's condition and the fact that every ill that befalls it is because of Pakistan or ISI, i think Pakistan doesn't need to invade. Job is already done. Plus our troops won't have any toilets to use. So thank you. Meanwhile you can ask your BSF men to stay away from getting swept by rivers and ending up in Pakistan.

Hey, it was a suggestion. Dont let that weakness slip away.

Toilet facilities — a luxury for most Pakistanis – The Express Tribune :D:D

Ask those living in Mumbai who is the boss.
Says a person whose govt dosent have control over parts of it's own country. :lol:

Gola barood ke liye paisa hai....lekin CNG ke liye nahi?

Sharam tau karo Lahore jaise metropolitan me 10-12 hours Load-shedding?

Industry part time chalti - lekin Goliyan dago border pe?

IMF ki kiste wapas nahi kar sakte...Lol

Pakistan is the only nuclear (known) country with no "Railway crossing gates" BBC...Lol

Kuch tau sharam karo bhaiyo..lol

Back
Top Bottom