What's new

Nehru's Treachery in derailment of Cabinet Mission Plan in 1946

Good discussion going on!
My few cents
- Please do not forget to tame the Rajwadas & Nawabs (200 odd mini kingdoms) in Undivided India there were plans of annexing the land and doing land reforms. Very clear from day one by congress.

- Please do not forget the role of Jagirdars and Zamindars and elite of that time, who started to realize that there could be no future for them in united India. there were lot of forces pulling India apart

- Had it been for loose fedration , India woud have been in greater mess as it was believed then.

- I also heard that some people cautioned Sardar patel against ongoing turbulence in Pukhtoon region, hence it was certrain that in loose federation, they could have split , triggering others to follow.

Nonsense!!!

The guy spent years in British jail. Starting from early 30s from time to time. British stooge? Yeah right.

1. Spending some time in jail - VIP jail where these guys are/were pampered is/was a necessary qualification to become a leader. In VIP jail they had time to relax, rst, read and conspire further.

Yes British started the fight over Kashmir and asked the Pakistanis to exploit Bangladeshis and tempted Indian BSF to maintain a shoot at sight order at the border with BD.

2. In fact you are not wrong. The Brits left this Muslim majority state at the mercy of Hindu India by miscellaneously attaching Muslim district of Gurudaspur to Indian Punjab.

3. As soon as we are rid of the Indian chamacha govt of Awami League, our border troops are going to fire back for two dead in revenge of one of ours. We know Indian cowards will try and avenge through another Peelkhana massacre, and we will be on guard.

Now that you have access to the secret documents let me clear this up for you. The fact that so many people believe this absolute baseless propaganda that the British divided India really baffles me. The whole cabinet mission plan was indeed a serious attempt by the British to keep the country in one piece. How much else do you expect from an alien occupying power? And it was rejected by, guess who, Indians.

4. Your sarcasm is misplaced. Much of the British classified documents of the time is now available. But you need to have the patience and habit of reading. Why don't you Google for Subramanium Swamy's commentaries on Nehru and family and Gandhi too?

Put the blame where it lies. Blame the British for economic exploitation or Bengal famine, fine. But give it a break when it comes to partition.

5. All the slaughter, destruction, hatred, acrimony and distress that the peoples of SA have suffered and continue to suffer are owing to these stooges like Nehru that the colonial masters left behind to bark and bite.

Nehru was shown the light of the day of the future consequence in agreeing to Cabinet Mission plan by Sardar Patel who was far more realistic and wise than Nehru.

Sardar patel correctly judged that agreeing to Cabinet mission means division of india into many pieces and a bigger pakistan for Jinanah

VIP Jails. Pamper. Five course dinner with Hennessey and Bach playing in the background.

How odd? Only a handful of Indians like Nehru decided to avail this facility. The rest found it too difficult and collaborated with the British. Like the Indian Army, 70% of which were Indians. All 'martial races', like a cute little poodle, followed their British master's orders to the letter when they crushed unarmed protest marches by Indians, like in 1919 (and 1971, albeit under new masters). And it took British(or Indian) 'stooges' to stand up against it. INA and the navy mutiny in 46 are the Army's only saving grace.

2. In fact you are not wrong. The Brits left this Muslim majority state at the mercy of Hindu India by miscellaneously attaching Muslim district of Gurudaspur to Indian Punjab.

Obviously. British knew it all along. I mean ******* naive are you? They knew Hari Singh would hesitate to accede. Pakistan will attack Kashmir, but hang on a second, not directly but by tribal proxies. And then, the master plan, Project Gurudaspur will spring into action. Indian Army will use this plot of land to reach Kashmir. In reality there was a little change in the final part however. The route was closed due to snow. Indian army didn't bother much and reached Srinagar with their supplies by airlift.

Awami League

So you agree this is not due to our British stooge Nehru :rolleyes:.

4. Your sarcasm is misplaced. Much of the British classified documents of the time is now available. But you need to have the patience and habit of reading. Why don't you Google for Subramanium Swamy's commentaries on Nehru and family and Gandhi too?

I repeat - It was rejected by Indians. And the decision was better than the alternative, the loose communally divided federation that Jinnah wanted. And this fact has remained unclassified for last five decades.

Swamy? Yeah. I have read him and watched his interviews as well. A patriotic Indian no doubt, but his anger over Muslim betrayal often takes over his capability of reasoning in this particular subject. His 'arguments' about Nehru and Gandhi hardly ever rises above ad hominem attacks (like yours, don't mind please). As if he would have been able somehow to contain Muslim opposition if he was present at that time.

Back
Top Bottom