What's new

Network Centric Warfare | A New dimension for Pakistan Defense Forces.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LINK_NETWORK CENTRIC WARFARE A NEW DIMENSION FOR PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES-page-001.jpg
LINK_NETWORK CENTRIC WARFARE A NEW DIMENSION FOR PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES-page-002.jpg
LINK_NETWORK CENTRIC WARFARE A NEW DIMENSION FOR PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES-page-003.jpg
LINK_NETWORK CENTRIC WARFARE A NEW DIMENSION FOR PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES-page-004.jpg
LINK_NETWORK CENTRIC WARFARE A NEW DIMENSION FOR PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES-page-005.jpg
LINK_NETWORK CENTRIC WARFARE A NEW DIMENSION FOR PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES-page-006.jpg
LINK_NETWORK CENTRIC WARFARE A NEW DIMENSION FOR PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES-page-007.jpg
LINK_NETWORK CENTRIC WARFARE A NEW DIMENSION FOR PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES-page-008.jpg

Hmm Requires some serious Reading and Time. Will look into it. Seems interesting though on first look

Strategic forces Net centric capabilites

CenTech: Cyber Branch of Pak Strategic Forces

Army

1905.jpg

It appears that PA is also a fully network centric organization now along with the PAF. Here is what Brigadier Tughral Yamin had to say:

"One idea that was tested during the exercise was the applicability of the network-centric approach in the joint Army and Air force operations. The network-centric as opposed to platform-centric operation aims to connect all sensors to with the shooter thus reducing his OODA (Orient, Observe, Decide, and Act) loop. Network-centricity provides a Common Operating Picture (COP) to all stakeholders and facilitates its decision making process. If indeed the Indians are planning to animate a Cold Start type scenario, a net-enabled force would be able to react in a timely manner by launching appropriate responses to reduce or eliminate any advantages that might be sought through reducing the time of operations. All three services of the Armed Forces are rapidly transforming into a network enabled force. Ex Azm-e-Nau III was the battle lab to test a number of ideas and concepts to counter the so called Cold Start offensive doctrine. Network centric operation was one concept, which emerged as a doable enterprise. It reduced the fog of war by allowing all tiers of the command from the highest to lowest field commander to look into the evolving battle picture through across the board connectivity using all means of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) assets i.e. UAVs, aerial imagery and early warning (EW). The real time availability of information not only reduced the chance of surprise through any proactive maneuvers, it also enhanced the decision making capability of commanders at all levels. 'Cold Start' has met it nemesis!"

ISPR PUBLICATIONS - HILAL MAGZINE

PAF

pic2lt.jpg

4 year old post

PAF's C4I SYSTEM

This picture of an advanced C4I system first appeared on a PAF calender. The picture shows a multi tier fully operational command and control system with digitized Maps and Required Data probably such as ADA states, Weather etc.

Very little is known about PAF's C4I program. The systems are said to have been designed and developed indigenously by a Vision Defence System.

Air Commodore Shahid Hamid Shigri is the main person credited with taking PAFs C4I system into the 21st century.

Company details of Vision Defence Systems obtained from a defence forum are given below

From a defence forum

The PAF C3I system is created by Vision Defence Systems (part of Shaheen Foundation). I am just copy-pasting some stuff from their website (no longer online) that will answer most of questions concering PAF's new C3I and future plans.

Company Profile

Pakistan was among the first few nations in the region to introduce automation in its national air defense systems. Late in the 1970s, American Hughes automation system along with Siemens Low Level Air Control System (SILLACS) was inducted into Pakistan Air Force. During 1990s, it was realized that these systems would not remain compatible to the emerging challenges of air defense and air space management. PAF started to look for replacement of these aging systems but the exorbitant costs of acquiring C3I systems and embargoes by the western world prohibited such an acquisition. Such a milieu sparked the initiative of indigenization in defense technologies especially those related to C4ISR. To meet the tri-service requirements in the field of C3I, Vision Defense Systems started developing Air Defence Command & Control systems in year 2001.

Company’s objective has been to develop an integrated Air Defence Environment that forms the framework for nationwide network centric C4ISR. This would integrate all the ground based and airborne sensors operated by Army, Navy, Air Force and Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) into a single network.

To grow from field-specific national leaders to regional and eventually global leaders in the fields of System integration, C4ISR solutions.

•To become the ultimate window for contemporary technological advancements and compatible upgrades in the Air Defence Environment.
•To encompass the vital requirements for the current C4I systems and network centric warfare solutions prevailing in the region.
•To develop an organizational culture where World-Class-Quality is simply bare minimum.

Accomplishments & Tasks

Phase I
In the early 2001 Pakistan Air Force tasked Shaheen Foundation to create C3I system for the Air Defense network. Shaheen Foundation created a team of engineers, system analysts, software developers and technicians and by mid of year 2004 delivered a state-of-the-art C3I system to the PAF. This not only replaced the aging Hughes & Siemens systems but also enhanced the operational capability of PAF manifolds. The highly skilled team of professionals has been grouped under the banner of Vision Defence Systems as a subsidiary of Shaheen Foundation.

This multi-tier Command & Control System has Fixed & Mobile Mission Control Centers (MCC) those are linked with the Sensor network all along the borders. MCCs are linked upwards with 04 Sector Operational Centers (SOC) and the Air Defence Operational Command (ADOC). SOCs and ADOC has fully functional backup C&CCs. High level of security and redundancy is an integral part of system architecture.

Phase II
During the second phase of the project, Vision Defence Systems is currently integrating the newly inducted radars and AWACS platforms into the Air Defence Network of PAF. This is envisaged to conclude by year 2010. VDS is also into the integration of Low Level Army Air Defence System (LAADS), Civil Aviation Authority’s Medium to High Level radars and ARGOS-73 radars operated by Pakistan Navy into the national Air Defence Environment. This would provide redundancy & enhanced capability of air space management for all the operators.

Phase III
In the next phase of development, air and space based communication, surveillance & reconnaissance assets would be integrated into the Joint Services C4ISR network.

Products & Services

Vision Defence Systems, Shaheen Foundation is the sole company in the region that has successfully designed, developed and delivered an advanced C3I system of this scale that is fully operational with the PAF.

Optimally utilizing your existing resources like sensors & media, Vision Defence Systems can provide state-of-the-art Mil Standard C3I solution that would be fully capable to meet Malaysian Joint Services operational requirements. The system architecture would be secure & scalable. Integrating other vital elements, the system may be upgraded to C4ISR network.

Vision Defence Systems can provide turnkey solution based on your defined requirements. All systems would be backed by warranties and full after sale support. Computer Based Training (CBT) modules for technical & operational staff have been developed for hands on & web based training needs. Air Defense Simulation Systems (ADSS) exclusively developed by VDS can train the technical and operational team on day-to-day challenges faced while managing the C3I environment.

Vision Defense Systems, with a strong history of over six years of breakthroughs, today stands apart in the Fields of C4ISR, system integration, and all related solutions to make its systems most effectual, Cost Effective, upward/downward Compatible.

Command and Control Center

Computerizing the Manual SOCs
Automation of Manual SOCs
Replacement of old ADOC

Integration of Allied System
CAAR (Civil Aviation Authority Radar) with SOC

Mission Control Centers (MCC)
GUI development
Data Communication Gateway
Multi Radar Tracker
Voice Communication System

Sensors Upgrade
Receiver Section Upgrade
Transmitter Upgrade
Antenna Upgrade

Mission Control Centres

Communication Gateway

Control Systems

Central Information Server (CIS)

Recorder

;Re-player

Voice Recording System (VRS)

Recorder

Re-player

Man Machine Interface Systems (MMI)

Multi Radar Tracker (MRT)

Correlation and Fusion

Single Radar Tracker (SRT)

Monitoring and Administrative Applications

Network

Applications

Data

Radars

Tracker

Consoles

MCC Consoles

Server Cabinets

As expected, No info on Pak Navy NCW capabilities. It seems it is least developed among three brances

Pakistan NCW is at Level 1.5 where each organization is developing it netcentric capabilities and in process of interlinking it with each other

link_network-centric-warfare-a-new-dimension-for-pakistan-defence-forces-page-015-jpg.35757

@Aeronaut yar I wish i could share some of the details over here, there have been some development in this department .....a new department was raised at DMI - GHQ 2 yrs ago, solely for the purpose of GIS and its applications, and it is confirmed GIS applications are the center piece of on going Op in NW, nothing goes through unless its verified by the department handling GIS, as far as imagery goes then we have it upto 0.8meters all downloaded to the local server....

You will be shocked to learn about Military C4I , there performance has some question marks on it..... And now Chief is not happy about it....
Idk who gave you these thesis and how, it all looks good on the paper but implementation is the main concern.....

@Aeronaut yar I wish i could share some of the details over here, there have been some development in this department .....a new department was raised at DMI - GHQ 2 yrs ago, solely for the purpose of GIS and its applications, and it is confirmed GIS applications are the center piece of on going Op in NW, nothing goes through unless its verified by the department handling GIS, as far as imagery goes then we have it upto 0.8meters all downloaded to the local server....

You will be shocked to learn about Military C4I , there performance has some question marks on it..... And now Chief is not happy about it....
Idk who gave you these thesis and how, it all looks good on the paper but implementation is the main concern.....

Interoperability issues. Linking western and non western assets is always a pain in neck. Developing a customary solution inhouse takes time.

It appears that PA is also a fully network centric organization now along with the PAF. Here is what Brigadier Tughral Yamin had to say:

"One idea that was tested during the exercise was the applicability of the network-centric approach in the joint Army and Air force operations. The network-centric as opposed to platform-centric operation aims to connect all sensors to with the shooter thus reducing his OODA (Orient, Observe, Decide, and Act) loop. Network-centricity provides a Common Operating Picture (COP) to all stakeholders and facilitates its decision making process. If indeed the Indians are planning to animate a Cold Start type scenario, a net-enabled force would be able to react in a timely manner by launching appropriate responses to reduce or eliminate any advantages that might be sought through reducing the time of operations. All three services of the Armed Forces are rapidly transforming into a network enabled force. Ex Azm-e-Nau III was the battle lab to test a number of ideas and concepts to counter the so called Cold Start offensive doctrine. Network centric operation was one concept, which emerged as a doable enterprise. It reduced the fog of war by allowing all tiers of the command from the highest to lowest field commander to look into the evolving battle picture through across the board connectivity using all means of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) assets i.e. UAVs, aerial imagery and early warning (EW). The real time availability of information not only reduced the chance of surprise through any proactive maneuvers, it also enhanced the decision making capability of commanders at all levels. 'Cold Start' has met it nemesis!"

ISPR PUBLICATIONS - HILAL MAGZINE

Strategic forces Net centric capabilites

CenTech: Cyber Branch of Pak Strategic Forces

Army

1905.jpg

PAF

pic2lt.jpg

4 year old post

As expected, No info on Pak Navy NCW capabilities. It seems it is least developed among three brances

Pakistan NCW is at Level 1.5 where each organization is developing it netcentric capabilities and in process of interlinking it with each other

link_network-centric-warfare-a-new-dimension-for-pakistan-defence-forces-page-015-jpg.35757
What kind of experts work in these areas I mean Computer guys or what ?

Aise sawal naheen poochtay :D

This thesis is not classified information by any means. Thought, it would be a good kick to start the debate on NCW in Pakistan. Pakistan's NCW apparatus is steadily growing.
What exactly do you mean by NCW explain in easy way

Interoperability issues. Linking western and non western assets is always a pain in neck. Developing a customary solution inhouse takes time.
You sir, just saw the behind the curtains scene.
The actual problem started when started C4I acting like a big brother of all, they were presenting solutions you the problem, developing non complex projects etc, so more projects were landed at their head. What was not recognized was that C4I was outsourcing the projects rather then inhouse..... So when more projects of Classified nature landed at their hand, they started to show their real face.....

It will take sometime but hopefully we will get better

What kind of experts work in these areas I mean Computer guys or what ?

What exactly do you mean by NCW explain in easy way

two guys connect their laptops with each other through a LAN Cable to Play Counter strike. NCW is connecting all computers in Pakistan with One Computer so a Guy sitting in Rawalpindi would know in seconds what is happening at Balochistan, Rajasthan border, Lahore Border etc etc instead of taking it hours or days to gather info

Back
Top Bottom