What's new

New Chinese Jf17 Fighter Delayed Again

Owais

Reaction score
New Chinese JF17 Fighter Delayed Again :(
October 4, 2005: There is yet another delay in production of the new Chinese JF17 fighter (also known as the FC-1). By the end of the year, a modified prototype, with changes in the air intakes, the strake, internal equipment and the vertical fin, will be available for flight testing. The aircraft was supposed to be ready for first flight in 1998, but numerous delays prevented that from happening until 2003.

The JF17 was developed in cooperation with Pakistan, which wants to buy 150 of them. Pakistan could not get modern fighters from anyone else, and turned to China. The 13 ton JF17 is meant to be a low cost ($20 million) alternative to the American F16. The JF17 is considered the equal to earlier versions of the F16, but only 80 percent as effective as more recent F16 models. The JF17 uses the same Russian engine, the RD-93, that is used in the MiG29. The JF17 design is based on a cancelled Russian project, the MiG33. Most of the JF17 electronics are Western, with Italian firms being major suppliers. There was recently a snag about the Russians not wanting to allow the JF17s to go to Pakistan with Russian engines. Negotiations resolved this problem, especially the current peace talks between India (a long time Russian customer) and Pakistan.

The JF17 can carry 3.6 tons of weapons and use radar guided and heat seeking missiles. It has max speed of nearly 2,000 kilometers an hour, an operating range of 1,300 kilometers and a max altitude of 55,000 feet.

SOURCE=http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20051004.aspx

Its ok if it delayed. We can handle it, as we are recieving our F-16s earlier than we all expected. I think we can take this delay and it will not really hurt us in any way. The delays which are beign caused are probably because Pakistan wants to add some more and better technology to it, but then its just my own opinion, because i know that for sure now that RD-93 are causing no problems.

I don'tm ind it being delyed.It was ahead of it's schuedle and ways :PakistanFlag: :ChinaFlag:

may be because they want to use the latast version of RD93 having thrust upto 21000lbs!

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 8 2005, 02:18 AM
may be because they want to use the latast version of RD93 having thrust upto 21000lbs!
[post=244]Quoted post[/post]​
They are just fixing some flaws.And ya maybe they want to add some new stuff to

If latest version of RD93 used in JF17.....then its speed will become upto mach 1.8-2.0 and having payload of 4000kg! :ace:

Most of the article seems to be BS in my opinion, and even if the JF-17 is delayed, its due to refining design and making it better. We're not in a situation of "problems delaying the project", like LCA.

LCA :tease: production will begun in the end on 2007 where as JF17's production has to b started in 2006 but now...for some reasons,it will be manufactured in 2007! :(

Mod edit: Please dont insult others.

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 8 2005, 05:09 PM
LCA(light cofin aircraft ha ha ha) :tease:  production will begun in the end on 2007 where as JF17's production has to b started in 2006 but now...for some reasons,it will be manufactured in 2007! :(
[post=477]Quoted post[/post]​

ACTUALLY THE LCA IS SET TO BE INDUCTED IN EARLY 2009 AND PRODUCTION WILL START IN 2012 :W00T: :banana: :PakistanFlag:

Mod edit: Guys stop playing. lol

Ok Ok I understand form rulez! :haha:
But I visited many forums in which most of peoples r saying that JF17 is a scrapy successor of Mig21 where as LCA is in the category of J10,gripen and F16s so, JF17 n LCA have no competition! :ranting:

Well we are not those stupid forums. We don't allow people to say something stupid unless their stupidness is backed by a source/refrence.

No yaar! It was suppose to be in early 90s, but the aircraft was totally changed. Many types of technology totaly evolved the aircraft to be a 4th generation fighter, not to mention the aircraft is still evolving, and getting the most advance updates. DSI, Radar, Engine!

There are some people out there, all they want is a reason to degrade Pakistani technology. Which is turning out to be one of the advance technologies in the world.

Look what happened when we tried to build T-90 of China. The result came out to be Al-Khalid, far better than Chinese T-90 II. China would certainly plan to acquire Al-Khalids but it didn't, cause it didn't suit their land. So they came up with T-98 which is sill inferior to Al-Khalid in my opnion in terms of electronics, and engine.

Back
Top Bottom