What's new

New Delhi “shocked and disappointed” by the “disrespectful” remarks , India-UK trade deal on ‘verge of collapse’

Want "Even Stronger" India Trade Ties:

British foreign minister James Cleverly

Want "Even Stronger" India Trade Ties: UK Damage Control Amid Migrants Row​

British foreign minister James Cleverly said on Thursday Britain wanted to have an even stronger trading relationship with India after reports that remarks by a fellow minister about Indian immigrants could put a future deal in doubt.

Asked about the comments made by interior minister Suella Braverman about Indian migrants in Britain and the possible impact, Cleverly said: "We do want to have an even stronger, and it's strong already, but an even stronger trading relationship with India."

Want "Even Stronger" India Trade Ties:

British foreign minister James Cleverly

Want "Even Stronger" India Trade Ties: UK Damage Control Amid Migrants Row​

British foreign minister James Cleverly said on Thursday Britain wanted to have an even stronger trading relationship with India after reports that remarks by a fellow minister about Indian immigrants could put a future deal in doubt.

Asked about the comments made by interior minister Suella Braverman about Indian migrants in Britain and the possible impact, Cleverly said: "We do want to have an even stronger, and it's strong already, but an even stronger trading relationship with India."

You guys don't know what you want.

Labor mobility is important for India. India's most profitable export is the export of human resource in service industry. This is not just in tech or GCC space but will permeate in all sectors of western society. UK or any other country that enters into a trade deal with India will have to compromise in their position on labor mobility. Otherwise, it is simply not profitable for India to sign these trade deals :coffee:

What is disrespectful about calling out visa cheats?
I hope UK puts a cap on these swarms or they will destroy the labor market like they are doing everywhere else.
India's biggest export is human capital. It is both white collar and blue collar. So, it comes with its own perils, like visa overstayers, Housing, cultural accommodation, etc. UK has to figure out how beneficial is this arrangement to their economy.

Labor mobility is important for India. India's most profitable export is the export of human resource in service industry. This is not just in tech or GCC space but will permeate in all sectors of western society. UK or any other country that enters into a trade deal with India will have to compromise in their position on labor mobility. Otherwise, it is simply not profitable for India to sign these trade deals :coffee:

Everyone knows exactly why mobility is the only thing that matters to Indians and the region in general. Not because of profitable labor - it's escape from the 3rd world.

The British govt has gone schizophrenic, knowing that India offers virtually nothing economically compared to the immigrant burden it brings - but acting like they care about Indian outrage.

Everyone knows exactly why mobility is the only thing that matters to Indians and the region in general. Not because of profitable labor - it's escape from the 3rd world.

The British govt has gone schizophrenic, knowing that India offers virtually nothing economically compared to the immigrant burden it brings - but acting like they care about Indian outrage.
Regardless of what Bangladeshi immigrants to UK think about Indians, the UK government can choose to deal with India or not at its own terms. It is not like UK went into the negotiations with India for India's well being and nothing for the Brits to gain :coffee:

Last edited:
She ain’t wrong no one in the U.K. wants masses of migrants , and it will be the modi supporting crowd as well.
This trade deal is dead in the water. Quality of life trumps any supposed ‘benefits’ from this trade deal.

She ain’t wrong no one in the U.K. wants masses of migrants , and it will be the modi supporting crowd as well.
This trade deal is dead in the water. Quality of life trumps any supposed ‘benefits’ from this trade deal.
Well. The UK could make concessions and besides the FTA was on track for a Diwali timeline anyway. My guess is, it’s definitely coming, but could take a little more time.

Well. The UK could make concessions and besides the FTA was on track for a Diwali timeline anyway. My guess is, it’s definitely coming, but could take a little more time.

It’s dead no one is talking about it. There will be no concessions on migration. Why do you think there was an uproar at even a hint? It’s not just about India but anyone. We’ve had millions pour through our doors and our quality of life fall. Enough is enough. It’s a massive red line that no party will now cross.

Last edited:
It’s dead no is talking about it. There will be no concessions on migration. Why do you think there was an uproar at even a hint? It’s not just about India but anyone. We’ve had millions pour through our doors and our quality of life fall. Enough is enough. It’s a massive red line that no party will now cross.
Lol. Yeah I think I’ll wait for you to eat your words later. Should be used to it by now.

No need for more salt though. I think there’s already a ton of it on your plate.

Last edited:
Talks will not collapse as the British are pleading with the Indians not to walk away. Braverman has been made to apologise profusely and the King Charles is going to make sure the Kohi-Noor will not show up in the crown on his investiture in May.
The begging and pleading from the Brits for forgiveness would make a Calcutta beggar blush

India's biggest export is human capital. It is both white collar and blue collar. So, it comes with its own perils, like visa overstayers, Housing, cultural accommodation, etc. UK has to figure out how beneficial is this arrangement to their economy.
Its human waste not capital. How is that a human capital that can't survive in its own country?

While Indians are not the only ones but they are a major source of destruction of labor market in developed world. Everywhere they get into turns into race/caste-based slave labor market. The most discriminatory, racist people.
Due to Indians filling up western job markets with their semi qualified people and outsourcing, west has taken an hit on their innovation capacity making them lose their egde against China.
Western people absolutely despise south asians due to swarms of Indians. Any professional of south asian origin is assumed to be un-qualified unless proven otherwise. Its the opposite for other ethnic groups.

India should keep their "human capital" to themselves. Its not needed anywhere.

Lol. Yeah I think I’ll wait for you to eat your words later. Should be used to it by now.

No need for more salt though. I think there’s already a ton of it on your plate.

Yes do come back and tell us when a deal is signed with such mass concessions. The only thing I’m used to are your stupid rambling posts that have no basis in reality, hence me being dismissive.
Must be hard being rejected when you have such an overinflated opinion of yourselves.
Salty, me? No of course not, you’re the one wanting this, so you can leave India and enjoy decent living standards. :rofl:

Talks will not collapse as the British are pleading with the Indians not to walk away. Braverman has been made to apologise profusely and the King Charles is going to make sure the Kohi-Noor will not show up in the crown on his investiture in May.
The begging and pleading from the Brits for forgiveness would make a Calcutta beggar blush

Stop taking rubbish no one is pleading with India. Well at least you call yourself Indian as we all know your loyalty lies there.

Braverman literally said what the electorate thinks, she didn’t base it on her own views. Look at the social media uproar over this, most have backed her.
The Kohi noor thing tied in with King Charles’s sensitivity on many issues.

Last edited:

The irony of an Indian suggesting Brits are BEGGING the Indians - stop being so stupid. I started a thread in the members section suggesting the infestation of Indians in the UK is literally becoming unbearable. Coming here on the pretense of student visas or skilled labour. Getting here and begging to work for half the price of minimum pay and sleeping on the streets. You obviously cant see the browness of your faces. The Brits dont want you here - if they cant stand the Europeans - they are hardly going to want curry infestation from your neck of the woods.

There is no deal to be made - the Indians have nothing on the table without tarnishing any deal with visa requirements en mass. Even Braverman has said what all the whites are thinking. We want no more Indians.

Its human waste not capital. How is that a human capital that can't survive in its own country?

While Indians are not the only ones but they are a major source of destruction of labor market in developed world. Everywhere they get into turns into race/caste-based slave labor market. The most discriminatory, racist people.
Due to Indians filling up western job markets with their semi qualified people and outsourcing, west has taken an hit on their innovation capacity making them lose their egde against China.
Western people absolutely despise south asians due to swarms of Indians. Any professional of south asian origin is assumed to be un-qualified unless proven otherwise. Its the opposite for other ethnic groups.

India should keep their "human capital" to themselves. Its not needed
Indian Americans constitute less than 1% in US. Their contribution is is highly appreciated and is reflected in their income.
Income level gives you a glimpse of their productivity.
High productivity -you get high income.
Low productivity - low income.

Any guess who makes more income Pakistani or Indian?

Back
Top Bottom