What's new

New Delhi “shocked and disappointed” by the “disrespectful” remarks , India-UK trade deal on ‘verge of collapse’

Suella Braverman is a very vile disgusting Indian who thinks she is white and her thinking is 100% in the gutter. She has forgotten she is an immigrant herself.
Have you noticed all the brown Boys and girls in government are really disgusting people who self serve only
She is not an immigrant. Her parents are originally from Kenya and Mauritius.

My parents came to this country with very little in the 1960s, from Kenya and Mauritius. Mum was recruited by the NHS as a girl of 18years old and worked as a nurse for 45years and Dad worked for a housing association. My family were proud to serve their local community in Wembley, North West London, through local politics: Mum was a Councillor for 16years and Dad a campaigner for local people. No problem was too small: whether it was trying to save the local library, or keep the local playing fields open or help a resident get a better home.

I was born in Harrow and grew up in Wembley. After attending a local state school, my parents decided to send me to a local independent school where I won a scholarship to help with school fees. From there, I gained a place to read Law at Queens' College, Cambridge University, followed by a Masters in European and French Law (LLM) at the Pantheon-Sorbonne in Paris and sat the New York Bar exams, qualifying as an Attorney in New York State. This gave me a comparative insight into the legal, constitutional and political frameworks of Europe and the USA.

Due to Indians filling up western job markets with their semi qualified people and outsourcing, west has taken an hit on their innovation capacity making them lose their egde against China.
I never thought any Pakistani diaspora intellectual gem would discover this

The cat is finally out of bag

You have got us, it has been centuries old hidden goal of Indians to subdue the Western civilization from the inside. We started by infiltration IT sector, soon it will be other domains

Kamala Harris, Rishi Sunak, Sundar Pichai, Nandella are all in on this

Western civilization is lucky to have Pakistani brown knights like yourself to defend them from evil Indian shenanigans

@Wood @Cheepek @Black Tornado
We have all been compromised, back to the drawing board

Despite the massive progress, India is still a poor country. How can you an open visa system for a country with millions of extremely poor people?

She ain’t wrong no one in the U.K. wants masses of migrants , and it will be the modi supporting crowd as well.
This trade deal is dead in the water. Quality of life trumps any supposed ‘benefits’ from this trade deal.

Agree - And the recent riots by RSS fascists in Leicester are an eye opener and what has lead to this cooling down with India FTA ...

The India-UK free trade agreement (FTA) is reportedly on the “verge of collapse” after the Indian government was angered by comments made by UK Home Secretary Suella Braverman questioning action over visa overstayers from the country, a UK media report claimed on Wednesday.

The Times‘ quoted government sources to say that ministers in New Delhi were “shocked and disappointed” by the “disrespectful” remarks made by Braverman, who said she had concerns of an “open borders” offer to India as part of an FTA. The likelihood of meeting the Diwali deadline for the pact, set by former Prime Minister Boris Johnson, is now believed to be diminishing.
“There’s still a lot of goodwill but if certain individuals are still embedded in the [UK] government it will paralyse the talks,” the newspaper quoted a source as saying.

Last week, the Indian-origin Home Secretary said in an interview that she feared a trade deal with India would increase migration to the UK when Indians already represented the largest group of visa overstayers.

“I have concerns about having an open borders migration policy with India because I don’t think that’s what people voted for with Brexit,” Braverman told The Spectator weekly news magazine.

Asked about visa flexibility for students and entrepreneurs under an India-UK FTA, she said: “But I do have some reservations. Look at migration in this country – the largest group of people who overstay are Indian migrants.”

“We even reached an agreement with the Indian government last year to encourage and facilitate better cooperation in this regard. It has not necessarily worked very well.” Braverman was referencing the Migration and Mobility Partnership (MMP) clinched between her predecessor in the Home Office, Indian-origin former Home Secretary Priti Patel, and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar in May last year.

The Indian High Commission in London responded by pointing out that action had been initiated on all cases referred to it under the MMP.

“Mobility has been the key Indian ask and everything else – financial services, banking, education, rules of origin on whisky, etc, hinges on the mobility ask. And Suella has gone and pulled the rug from under that mobility ask,” a senior UK government source told The Times.

“They were apoplectic. Mad doesn’t even come close to describing how angry they are,” noted another.

While the perception is that Braverman is on a collision course with British Prime Minister Liz Truss, who is keen to clinch the FTA by the Diwali deadline, the media report indicates that both are aligned on the issue of migration.

Meanwhile, the Indian High Commissioner to the UK, Vikram Doraiswami, met Truss at an event in London on Tuesday evening after which he tweeted: “Delighted and honoured to greet HE PM Liz Truss @10DowningStreet this evening and to seek her guidance to build the very special India-UK partnership in trade, investment, defence and through the #LivingBridge.”

Strategic experts on both sides are now of the view that if the Diwali deadline for the FTA is still met, the result would be a much less comprehensive deal than was expected, leaving key sectors open for future negotiations. UK Trade Secretary Kemi Badenoch seemed to lay the groundwork for this last week, when she said that an FTA with India would not mean that “we can’t do even more later”.

The Department for International Trade (DIT) reiterated the UK stance that it would not sacrifice quality for speed.

It said: “We have a close, positive working relationship with India and a thriving trade partnership worth GBP 24 billion in 2021. We continue to seek improvements to our current trading relationship. This is why we are negotiating a high-ambition free trade agreement.

“We remain clear we won’t sacrifice quality for speed, and will only sign when we have a deal that meets both countries’ interests.”

If she is complaining about visa overstayers then why doesn't the UK have a system to deport the visa overstayers?

I never thought any Pakistani diaspora intellectual gem would discover this

The cat is finally out of bag

You have got us, it has been centuries old hidden goal of Indians to subdue the Western civilization from the inside. We started by infiltration IT sector, soon it will be other domains

Kamala Harris, Rishi Sunak, Sundar Pichai, Nandella are all in on this

Western civilization is lucky to have Pakistani brown knights like yourself to defend them from evil Indian shenanigans

@Wood @Cheepek @Black Tornado
We have all been compromised, back to the drawing board
trying to be funny then calling fellow countrymen to laugh at it 🙄

Home Secretary Suella Braverman: I am proud of the British Empire

She said it
If she is not proud, why would she take up the UK citizenship? You become Citizens of the country. Shouldn't she pledge 100 loyalty in serving the interest of UK? Or shall she still serving the India interest?

The irony of an Indian suggesting Brits are BEGGING the Indians - stop being so stupid. I started a thread in the members section suggesting the infestation of Indians in the UK is literally becoming unbearable. Coming here on the pretense of student visas or skilled labour. Getting here and begging to work for half the price of minimum pay and sleeping on the streets. You obviously cant see the browness of your faces. The Brits dont want you here - if they cant stand the Europeans - they are hardly going to want curry infestation from your neck of the woods.

There is no deal to be made - the Indians have nothing on the table without tarnishing any deal with visa requirements en mass. Even Braverman has said what all the whites are thinking. We want no more Indians.
Alright pakistani :)

If she is not proud, why would she take up the UK citizenship? You become Citizens of the country. Shouldn't she pledge 100 loyalty in serving the interest of UK? Or shall she still serving the India interest?
She was born and raised in uk

If Trust wants to win election in 2024, she must not accept the condition. Yep, it is true, the reason of Britain to leave EU is because the immigration. Better walk out from FTA with India, she must protect her future in 2024

I am fine with Trust. She needs to follow rational economic policy with prudent and long term thinking. Just leave the economic policy into the credible economist

Liz Truss, possible Tory leader candidate, seen in Indonesia​

Jul 13, 2022

She is our girl :dirol:

Last edited:
There's nothing to be angry about, that's how geopolitics work. Everyone looks at their own interests. If interest doesn't match, there won't be any FTA. In any case, UK is hardly a big market or a growing economy. I don't think it's a big headache. Such ill-thought comments in public are common for every politician.

The India-UK free trade agreement (FTA) is reportedly on the “verge of collapse” after the Indian government was angered by comments made by UK Home Secretary Suella Braverman questioning action over visa overstayers from the country, a UK media report claimed on Wednesday.

The Times‘ quoted government sources to say that ministers in New Delhi were “shocked and disappointed” by the “disrespectful” remarks made by Braverman, who said she had concerns of an “open borders” offer to India as part of an FTA. The likelihood of meeting the Diwali deadline for the pact, set by former Prime Minister Boris Johnson, is now believed to be diminishing.
“There’s still a lot of goodwill but if certain individuals are still embedded in the [UK] government it will paralyse the talks,” the newspaper quoted a source as saying.

Last week, the Indian-origin Home Secretary said in an interview that she feared a trade deal with India would increase migration to the UK when Indians already represented the largest group of visa overstayers.

“I have concerns about having an open borders migration policy with India because I don’t think that’s what people voted for with Brexit,” Braverman told The Spectator weekly news magazine.

Asked about visa flexibility for students and entrepreneurs under an India-UK FTA, she said: “But I do have some reservations. Look at migration in this country – the largest group of people who overstay are Indian migrants.”

“We even reached an agreement with the Indian government last year to encourage and facilitate better cooperation in this regard. It has not necessarily worked very well.” Braverman was referencing the Migration and Mobility Partnership (MMP) clinched between her predecessor in the Home Office, Indian-origin former Home Secretary Priti Patel, and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar in May last year.

The Indian High Commission in London responded by pointing out that action had been initiated on all cases referred to it under the MMP.

“Mobility has been the key Indian ask and everything else – financial services, banking, education, rules of origin on whisky, etc, hinges on the mobility ask. And Suella has gone and pulled the rug from under that mobility ask,” a senior UK government source told The Times.

“They were apoplectic. Mad doesn’t even come close to describing how angry they are,” noted another.

While the perception is that Braverman is on a collision course with British Prime Minister Liz Truss, who is keen to clinch the FTA by the Diwali deadline, the media report indicates that both are aligned on the issue of migration.

Meanwhile, the Indian High Commissioner to the UK, Vikram Doraiswami, met Truss at an event in London on Tuesday evening after which he tweeted: “Delighted and honoured to greet HE PM Liz Truss @10DowningStreet this evening and to seek her guidance to build the very special India-UK partnership in trade, investment, defence and through the #LivingBridge.”

Strategic experts on both sides are now of the view that if the Diwali deadline for the FTA is still met, the result would be a much less comprehensive deal than was expected, leaving key sectors open for future negotiations. UK Trade Secretary Kemi Badenoch seemed to lay the groundwork for this last week, when she said that an FTA with India would not mean that “we can’t do even more later”.

The Department for International Trade (DIT) reiterated the UK stance that it would not sacrifice quality for speed.

It said: “We have a close, positive working relationship with India and a thriving trade partnership worth GBP 24 billion in 2021. We continue to seek improvements to our current trading relationship. This is why we are negotiating a high-ambition free trade agreement.

“We remain clear we won’t sacrifice quality for speed, and will only sign when we have a deal that meets both countries’ interests.”

UK seem to love criminal and drunks, they will fit in well with the natives.

Suella Braverman is a very vile disgusting Indian who thinks she is white and her thinking is 100% in the gutter. She has forgotten she is an immigrant herself.
Have you noticed all the brown Boys and girls in government are really disgusting people who self serve only
They all seem to be married to Jews , that is the only way they go up.

Back
Top Bottom