What's new

New RMK Marine warship projects

Funny thing is Indian Yards were asked for LHD Design and none had them. That's Why We are procuring from outside. And Only a Covertte Old Turkey has the Design in hand. Whoa!

It can carry 4 F-35B.
Yeah, we have domestic designs and foreign designs in tender... jealous?

The number is 8 but they won't be used for this purpose. Seahawks Chinooks and T129s will be stationed once the ship is constructed and entered service.

Yeah, we have domestic designs and foreign designs in tender... jealous?

The number is 8 but they won't be used for this purpose. Seahawks Chinooks and T129s will be stationed once the ship is constructed and entered service.

Infact I am praising Turkey and Turks are acting like Iranians now. :lol:

Infact I am praising Turkey and Turks are acting like Iranians now. :lol:
Oh, sorry. It's just that, people are keep annoying me making me nervous :/
It's getting harder and harder to find serious people around here

Anyway.. i heard Navantia (Spanish shipyard) is a tender and they are proposing a Juan Carlos I (L61) type ship; the Juan Carlos I (L61) is both a light aircraft carrier and a LHD. I think it can operate aircraft with STOVL capabilities.

Spanish_ship_Juan_Carlos_I_entering_Ferrol.jpg

Juan_Carlos_I_L-61_%282%29.JPG

Juan_Carlos_L-61_in_Istanbul.jpg

The Juan Carlos in turkey.

There are 3 Contenders in the Tender...

- RMK Marine LHD (With British Naval Yard Assistance)
- Juan Carlos Class LHD (Probably the best duo V/STOL Capability)
- Dokho Class LHD (Said to be a failure in Korea, Less Likely)

I would go for a Turkified Juan Carlos any day, Atleast they have V/STOL capability which really makes it a Light Aircraft carrier.

I would go for a Turkified Juan Carlos any day, Atleast they have V/STOL capability which really makes it a Light Aircraft carrier.
It will change nothing because only rotary-wing(fancy way of saying helicopter) aircraft will be stationed on her.

Juan Carlos is the ugliest ship in tender to my eyes she is lot heavier than dokdo though.

It will change nothing because only rotary-wing(fancy way of saying helicopter) aircraft will be stationed on her.

Juan Carlos is the ugliest ship in tender to my eyes she is lot heavier than dokdo though.

If the case is only Helicopters then i would go for the RMK Marine ofcourse, But honestly it needs to carry far more then just 3 or 4 Helos. The Dokdo can carry upto 15.

If the case is only Helicopters then i would go for the RMK Marine ofcourse, But honestly it needs to carry far more then just 3 or 4 Helos. The Dokdo can carry upto 15.
15 what? 15 MD500s or 15Chinooks ? :)

How many troops and amphibic vehicles she can carry also matters along with other things. This'll be a flagship to Turkish Navy for quite a long time and i think SSM will choose the ship with best modularity because she'll be doing many different roles. and i don't have enough information about this ships to speculate which is which but my bet goes to RMK Marine.

rmk is a Turkish company? (first time i hear about them)

where do they get the know how to make LHD's and corvettes and stealth boats from?

Turkish navy has any ships that where built by this company?

RMK Marine is one of the best and profesional shipyard in Tuzla region.
RMK: Rahmi M. Koc Marine

I read an article which said that Dokdo class does not meet the requirements of the navy. The South Korea (Dokto class) is less than 20.000 tons; so get the Dokto class out of the way... The Juan Carlos is 27,079 tonnes, which satisfys the navy. + Navantia teamed with Sedef Shipyard.

Back
Top Bottom