What's new

News: Nigeria Orders 7 more JF17s

Seeing the news and then looking back to mid 2000's, when Jeff was still a baby and now moving to a drom for Graduation is such a moment...
1622693041922.png

Go Jeff, live your life and be happy :D

If all of these orders will/have materialized we are going to need to add production capacity, considering how:
1. PAC has switched to Block 3 manufacturing and it seems at least the NAF orders will be block 2s.
2. PAC will be working full-time for the PAF.

It needs to be seen whether the much stated 24 per year number is actually possible within the current setup or not. Or will a new production line need to be added.

Its true sir , Few days ago Minister of HESC shared a news on his page that pak received order of 36 Jf-17s from different countries , 24 now confirmed by Nigerian side , 12 more yet to reveal which country ordered JF-17
Thank you. Agreed in full and I would be ecstatic if the news is correct. However we need confirmation about the orders in open press not from Twitter. We have had a history of people opening their mouths before hand. This order would be the biggest in PAC history and so we need rock solid evidence. This is all I am saying.
A

Last edited:
If all of these orders will/have materialized we are going to need to add production capacity, considering how:
1. PAC has switched to Block 3 manufacturing and it seems at least the NAF orders will be block 2s.

It needs to be seen whether the much stated 24 per year number is actually possible within the current setup or not. Or will a new production line need to be added.
The PAC plans to produce lesser number for the next 3 years I thought 10 to 12 aircrafts for PAF. It would mean redundent capacity to fulfill orders of upto 10-12 aircrafts.
If we join the dots it makes sense why PAC has agreed to produce only 10 to 12 ACs for PAC for the next 3 year. It possibly also points to gaps being filled by other fighter/fighters or decreased threat perception (later is unlikely as nothing has changed in the region).
A

The PAC plans to produce lesser number for the next 3 years I thought 10 to 12 aircrafts for PAF. It would mean redundent capacity to fulfill orders of upto 10-12 aircrafts.
If we join the dots it makes sense why PAC has agreed to produce only 10 to 12 ACs for PAC for the next 3 year. It possibly also points to gaps being filled by other fighter/fighters or decreased threat perception (later is unlikely as nothing has changed in the region).
A
Right, it remains to be seen if PAC can pull off 20-24 per year (possibly split into Block 2 and Block 3).

Unfortunately I doubt the Malaysian transaction will come to fruition, as there is quite a bit of friction between them and the Chinese over the sea boundaries, and just recently there was some confrontation..

How so?

Possible may have impact but may not as pak and Malaysia [emoji1157] deal

As far as veto from China pac has all rights the only thing is financial support for the deal may require Chinese financing ;) not sure for jillion plus pak has any alternative options

Nigerian few aircraft pak financial options plus Guarantee for 100 plus million but billion ??

Usually I hate anything made from the eastern side of the curtain but JF-17 for some reasons managed to impress me. Anyway congrats to Pakistan & Nigeria for the JF-17 delivery and I'm looking forward to who will be the next customers. :tup:

They'll need to disaggregate parts/sub-assemblies production from assembly.

Basically, this is the time to sub-contract the manufacturing of PAC's workshare to the private sector and, in turn, set-up a second assembly line elsewhere. The private sector feeds PAC's 52% to the two assembly lines (run by PAC). Once the JF-17 wraps up in earnest, we'd sell one of the two assembly lines to a private Pakistani company.

Basically they are replacing alphajet in ground attack role and f-7 in a2a with jf

Aplhajet may stay in training role if they have any life left

Back
Top Bottom