What's new

NICE Ukraine Bizon (Zubr) hovercraft come to China

Most of the island dispute are too far way from mainland china except Taiwan. Zubr has a very short endurance of only few hundred kilometres. while LST and LDP can travel thousands and has better endurance strength. It can stay at trouble spot for 1 month and more.

Range: 300 mi (480 km) at 55 knots

Greater range at lower speed, I suppose...the vessel has a cruising speed of 30-40 knots.

LST tend to have greater size/displacement (4000 tons and upward, compared to 500. 100m x 15m compared to 57 x 26m). Clearly LST would have greater range. Perhaps more appropriate to compate to LCM (i.e. on the basis of payload)
Landing Craft Mechanized - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The whole point of using ACVs is speed (over the horizon assault) and degree of access (greater percent of beaches)

2013.04.12 photos of 1st Zubr shiped to China, guess now the Zubr very close to China.

rdn_518360e1b202c.jpg

rdn_518360e15c50c.jpg

rdn_518360ddbd094.jpg

rdn_518360deea30d.jpg

GOOD NEWS~!
The biggest hovercraft in the world, first Ukraine Zubr coming to China. :yahoo:
China ordered 4x Zubr hovercrafts, two building in Ukraine, others will build in China shipbuilding yard.

First Ukraine Zubr for China(Ukraine official)

attachment.php

122486833_11n.jpg

30b2156e36.jpg

2705505902667712710.jpg

2e93bea63c.jpg

002564bb43f111e9dc0026.jpg

We will also build more and more China Zubrs in China! Hello the South of China Sea:china:, LOL...

These are very nice..

Yep, Zubr is the dream hovercraft that PLAN so urgently needs. China ordered 4x (two building in Ukraine, two will build in China) and bought whole production license and engineering drawing from Ukraine. Soon the Zubr will find a home in China.:yahoo:

Curretnly PLAN hovercraft only can carry 1~2 armored vehicles once time, but Zubr can carry nearly 10 inside its body.

can you built for us bro under that license ? if you can, hope BD will Order in near future :kiss3:

can you built for us bro under that license ? if you can, hope BD will Order in near future :kiss3:
According to deals, China will build 2x Zubr in ShangHai shipbuilding yard. I think China wanna study & research Zubr building technology from Ukrainian, and Ukraine will send their engineers to support us. Yes after China building 2x domestic Zubr ship, i believe China will have enough power and building experiences to export Chinese version of Zubr.

2013.05.25 The Zubr arrived at GuangZhou Port of China, GuangDong province

p.aspx

p.aspx

They are huge! Whats the top speed and capacity!

waiting for copies ! :ashamed:

At least they have the capabilities to produce a copy. I'm still waiting for Iran's most advanced drone to appear, and a real Qaher-313 plane to materialize.

At least they have the capabilities to produce a copy. I'm still waiting for Iran's most advanced drone to appear, and a real Qaher-313 plane to materialize.

Just kidding man ! why sooooooo offensive !? :frown:

can this vessel be carried by a larger military vessel (not a civilian cargo ship)? or is its range limited to near by islands ?

can this vessel be carried by a larger military vessel (not a civilian cargo ship)? or is its range limited to near by islands ?

Don't think there is a need. China has no requirement to launch large scale amphibious invasion far from our shores. This craft will mostly be used, if ever, in conflicts with Japan and small nations in South China sea dispute.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom