What's new

Nirbhay Cruise Missile test failed.

This thread was bound to become a troll thread even if the test was a complete success. Then it would have been about poverty and toilets.

The reason is that you indians have so far failed to post any technical details...analysis..videos and such...

The wiki article about Nirbahy is old and inaccurate...
From the looks of it the missile seems to be an exact copy of K-55 in dimensions..That means a diameter of 0.745 meters...
Now K-15 too has similar dia of 0.74 meters..
All this means that Nirbhay cannot be fired from standard torpedo tubes same as Babur or Tomahawk...But India seems to be going for a totally Vertical launch configuration alongside K-15,as the dia of the retrofit tube for both K-15 and Nirbhay will be the same...That means three Nirbhay or three K-15 per tube on indian subs...
Or INS Arihant will carry 12 Nirbhay or 12 K-15 without losing its conventional antiship role as carrying Nirbhay wont mean sacrificing torpedo carrying capacity.

@DARKY

I guess you dont know about the TOSOW contract of indian armed forces
here
1.) TOSOW(tactical operational stand off weapon) land and sea based
2.)IASOW(indian aerial stand off weapon) also IASOW-ER(extended range) jets and cargo plane based
3) TSSOW(tactical supersonic stand off weapon)(BRAHMOUSE)land and sea based
4.)IASSOW(indian aerial supersonic stand off weapon) also IASSOW-ER(extended range) jets and cargo plane based

and the distance posted for mk1,mk2,mk3 are only land and sea based
aerial based are confidential as off now

@ pakistan i Members i would not just count my Eggs yet they have above contracts in the works which is put them ahead of stand off capability of any one including USA,RUSSIA,CHINA,

and please dont make fun of the indian achievements it happens all the time and it will take a long time to bounce back in terms of capabilites and specially with the intro duction of the Upgraded series of the weapon systems in stand off weapon category

good luck my indian friends

Last edited by a moderator:
The wiki article about Nirbahy is old and inaccurate...
From the looks of it the missile seems to be an exact copy of K-55 in dimensions..That means a diameter of 0.745 meters...
Now K-15 too has similar dia of 0.74 meters..
All this means that Nirbhay cannot be fired from standard torpedo tubes same as Babur or Tomahawk...But India seems to be going for a totally Vertical launch configuration alongside K-15,as the dia of the retrofit tube for both K-15 and Nirbhay will be the same...That means three Nirbhay or three K-15 per tube on indian subs...

nirbhay1.png

94028567xl1.jpg

1653.png

SAR%20sensor%20for%20Nirbhay%20cruise%20missile.jpg

I find it hilarious how they come only when something doesn't go as planned. When it is a success later, none of these will be here. Just like the A-5, K-15, and like 10 other already tested missiles in the last year. Or the PSLV launches.:lol:

LoL...

Ye jitney bhi yaha is thread per naach rahe hai, in mai se ek bhi nahi deekha jab A-5,A-4, K-15, PSLV k launch hue they last year. :lol:

And i am damn sure, that 2 months down the timeline when 'Nirbhay' will be launched again, we wont see these troll's anywhere even congratulating us, instead they all will Logout and see the thread as "Guests" :rofl:

:lol:

well there is nothing wrong in wishing better luck next time..
so best of luck for the future..:cheers:
I consider 1st flight of a sub sonic missile by DURDO in just 13 years as an achievement...: coffee:

expected, indian missile tech. is atleast a decade behind it's 2 neighbors

expected, indian missile tech. is atleast a decade behind it's 2 neighbors

sad.........but np....we will get to learn new things from our mistakes.! afterall its a rocket science!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom