What's new

No question of Indian involvement, Colombo tells Islamabad

Zaheerkhan

Reaction score
COLOMBO: Sri Lanka has officially conveyed to Pakistan that there is absolutely no reason to suspect any Indian involvement in the Lahore terror attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team on Tuesday. It has asked for an independent enquiry to get to the truth behind the horrific incident.

According to informed official sources, Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Rohitha Bogolollagama told Pakistan’s top leaders during his talks in Islamabad on Wednesday: “India is fully with us. There is no question of it being involved in the terror attack.”

President Mahinda Rajapaksa, who was on a state visit to Nepal the day the Lahore attack took place, directed his Foreign Minister to rush to Islamabad to hold talks with Pakistani leaders on the issues related to the terror attack. Mr. Bogolollagama was also asked to convey Sri Lanka’s condolences and deepest sympathies to the families of the Pakistani security officers and civilians killed in the attack.

Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani telephoned Mr. Rajapaksa in Kathmandu and profusely apologised to the people and the government of Sri Lanka for the harm caused to some members of the cricket team in the attack. They assured Mr. Rajapaksa that Islamabad was determined to combat terrorism and would work with the international community and Sri Lanka to defeat terrorism.

In response, Mr. Rajapaksa strongly condemned the Lahore attack and asserted that terrorism should be countered with a firm resolve worldwide in all its forms and manifestations. The Sri Lankan President cut short his visit to Nepal by a day and returned to Colombo on Tuesday evening.

The impression within the Sri Lankan government, based on accounts from cricketers seated near the team bus driver, Mehar Mohammad Khalil, is that the primary objective of the terror attack might not have been to kill the Sri Lankan cricketers. Given the circumstances of the attack and the heavy weapons the terrorists had, they could have easily blown up the coach and the whole cricket team. The plan might have been to target the driver and kidnap the cricketers. But as things developed, some of the world’s best cricketers were in mortal danger and escaped fortuitously, with fairly minor injuries, thanks to the driver’s heroism.

Was the LTTE involved in the Lahore terror strike? While considering it unlikely, Colombo has not ruled out the possibility.

Link:No question of Indian involvement, Colombo tells Islamabad

Whether it's true or not doesn't matter.

Pakistan will carry out its own investigation to nab the forces controlling these people.

The investigation has barely begun :)

This is a what India did during Mumbai. Jumped to all the conclusions before the evidence was available.

Pakistan will carry out its own investigation to nab the forces controlling these people.

This is a what India did during Mumbai. Jumped to all the conclusions before the evidence was available.

No, India had all the reasons, inclusing the caught terrorist, the abandoned boat etc to claim what it did. those who wanted to create confusion kept at it for months, their honesty was the problem.

I do hope pakistan does catch these people and root them out, they are a big threat to india, south asia and cricket (how dare they!!!) too.

COLOMBO: Sri Lanka has officially conveyed to Pakistan that there is absolutely no reason to suspect any Indian involvement in the Lahore terror attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team on Tuesday. It has asked for an independent enquiry to get to the truth behind the horrific incident.

According to informed official sources, Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Rohitha Bogolollagama told Pakistan’s top leaders during his talks in Islamabad on Wednesday: “India is fully with us. There is no question of it being involved in the terror attack.”

President Mahinda Rajapaksa, who was on a state visit to Nepal the day the Lahore attack took place, directed his Foreign Minister to rush to Islamabad to hold talks with Pakistani leaders on the issues related to the terror attack. Mr. Bogolollagama was also asked to convey Sri Lanka’s condolences and deepest sympathies to the families of the Pakistani security officers and civilians killed in the attack.

Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani telephoned Mr. Rajapaksa in Kathmandu and profusely apologised to the people and the government of Sri Lanka for the harm caused to some members of the cricket team in the attack. They assured Mr. Rajapaksa that Islamabad was determined to combat terrorism and would work with the international community and Sri Lanka to defeat terrorism.

In response, Mr. Rajapaksa strongly condemned the Lahore attack and asserted that terrorism should be countered with a firm resolve worldwide in all its forms and manifestations. The Sri Lankan President cut short his visit to Nepal by a day and returned to Colombo on Tuesday evening.

The impression within the Sri Lankan government, based on accounts from cricketers seated near the team bus driver, Mehar Mohammad Khalil, is that the primary objective of the terror attack might not have been to kill the Sri Lankan cricketers. Given the circumstances of the attack and the heavy weapons the terrorists had, they could have easily blown up the coach and the whole cricket team. The plan might have been to target the driver and kidnap the cricketers. But as things developed, some of the world’s best cricketers were in mortal danger and escaped fortuitously, with fairly minor injuries, thanks to the driver’s heroism.

Was the LTTE involved in the Lahore terror strike? While considering it unlikely, Colombo has not ruled out the possibility.

Link:No question of Indian involvement, Colombo tells Islamabad

Well what else you could expect a small and week country like Sri Lanka, they have bended their knees Indian Pressure. Truth cannot be hidden forever it will be revealed pretty soon.

I dont trust on this Govt. Hopefully we will get rid off this useless govt. pretty soon as the count down begun.:coffee:

Well what else you could expect a small and week country like Sri Lanka, they have bended their knees Indian Pressure. Truth cannot be hidden forever it will be revealed pretty soon.

I dont trust on this Govt. Hopefully we will get rid off this useless govt. pretty soon as the count down begun.:coffee:

So Pakistani AND Sri Lanka govt can not be trusted, only those can be trusted who speak what U want to hear?

Yes the truth will be out (but if its inconvenient then its not truth, ok?), and i hope the 'real patriotic' pak govt is able to catch and root out the terrorists in all their forms and colors because they are a threat to everyone. As amply demonstrated by mumbai attacks.

So Pakistani AND Sri Lanka govt can not be trusted, only those can be trusted who speak what U want to hear?

Yes the truth will be out (but if its inconvenient then its not truth, ok?), and i hope the 'real patriotic' pak govt is able to catch and root out the terrorists in all their forms and colors because they are a threat to everyone. As amply demonstrated by mumbai attacks.

u r talking like a cheif supervisor of Indo.pak..keep it u:bunny:

And India was right, surprising eh?

every person thought of his country...we agree that india was right..but may i ask with the deepest respect that we r right now to say that Research nd Analysis Department is involved in 3/3:coffee:

I have a theory on the "Indians jumping to conclusions" phenomenon. India has a lot of armed groups and rebels, but overall it is a country where civilians are not armed. Naxalites/Ranbir Sena may have guns, but they are usually home made bolt-action rifles. They may have "bombs" but are usually gunpowder or dynamite based. Riots in India are fought with knifes and petrol bombs. So when there is an explosion involving RDX or an attack like Mumbai with machine guns, Indian police/politicians immediately say "foreign hand".

Indian people are not unused to rebel movements and random acts of cruelty. But when something like Mumbai happens or when there are train bombings, even the people first point the fingers at outsiders. I am not sure Pakistanis understand the phenomenon - you can live in Mumbai all your life and never see a gun fired (even if you see atleast 3 traffic accidents in a day) - hence the surprise at Indians jumping to conclusion.

Not that they are always correct - Malegaon was one case where RDX was used and Indians are the first suspects.

I have a theory on the "Indians jumping to conclusions" phenomenon. India has a lot of armed groups and rebels, but overall it is a country where civilians are not armed. Naxalites/Ranbir Sena may have guns, but they are usually home made bolt-action rifles. They may have "bombs" but are usually gunpowder or dynamite based. Riots in India are fought with knifes and petrol bombs. So when there is an explosion involving RDX or an attack like Mumbai with machine guns, Indian police/politicians immediately say "foreign hand".

Indian people are not unused to rebel movements and random acts of cruelty. But when something like Mumbai happens or when there are train bombings, even the people first point the fingers at outsiders. I am not sure Pakistanis understand the phenomenon - you can live in Mumbai all your life and never see a gun fired (even if you see atleast 3 traffic accidents in a day) - hence the surprise at Indians jumping to conclusion.

Not that they are always correct - Malegaon was one case where RDX was used and Indians are the first suspects.

BS
jus stop ur :blah: lecture...y ur gov didnt say anything like u in the past...u n ur gov is changing after every second

BS
jus stop ur :blah: lecture...y ur gov didnt say anything like u in the past...u n ur gov is changing after every second

Why the government did not say, I have no clue. I can only speak for myself. It is not uncommon for me to read the newspapers to hear of a riot here or a fight there - but certain ones stand out. Just an observation, I thought it might be useful to think about it. If you don't believe it,my apologies, I can't give you any "proof" of this since you have to have visited India to understand it.

We have send all those evidence down your govt's throat. We were right.

Now prove your worth. This invstigation wont give anything. Which bomb blst has been proved in Pakistan. Who was tried for marriot bombing? Repeated bombing on Benazir's procession, including the last one that took her life? What happened with lal masjid?

And your home made bolt-action rifles. and gunpowder or dynamite based bombs in the hands of RSS and Bajrang dal like terrorists have resulted in killing of thousands of Mulims and recently Christians in India.

Home-made or foreign-made the weapons used by terrorists to kill people is the main point,

every person thought of his country...we agree that india was right..but may i ask with the deepest respect that we r right now to say that Research nd Analysis Department is involved in 3/3:coffee:

You can keep flying, RAW 'might' be involved till investigations are complete. You will be considered indifferent by Indians here.
You can keep saying that even after RAW's involvement is disproved(if). You will be worshipped by some in Pakistan.(See Zaid Hamid about Mumbai and worse 9/11)

And your home made bolt-action rifles. and gunpowder or dynamite based bombs in the hands of RSS and Bajrang dal like terrorists have resulted in killing of thousands of Mulims and recently Christians in India.

I don't think I ever said people are not killed with these guns or dynamite. I lived in Kerala in the early 90's when the communists, congress and RSS were in a three way fight on the roads and campuses. I have had people stabbed couple of kilometers from my house, I've know what a homemade (so called country bomb) explosive can do. And I condemn what happened in Gujrat - grievances must be solved in the courts not on the streets. And since I am from Kerala, having lived among people of different religions, I have never believed that Christians and Muslims are any way inferior to me or that there is any justification to kill anyone for their beliefs.

But the point I was trying to make was that even I find it difficult to believe that the guns used in Mumbai are Indian. It is as preposterous as seeing someone traveling on an elephant in Times Square - totally out of place.

Again, I don't mean to offer a blanket excuse for everything that happens in India. I love my country, but it can and will progress a lot more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom