What's new

‘Not news’ from Kashmir

why is tht some Pakistanis here calls us Bharti ???

Bharti is just a name for person not a nationality ,it is like calling pakistanis as pakiza and Kashmiri people as Kashmira ,it might sound like nationality or state for a person(foreigner) who is unaware of its differences .

i hope its not very difficult to understand

Bharti is just a name for person not a nationality ,it is like calling pakistanis as pakiza and Kashmiri people as Kashmira ,it might sound like nationality or state for a person(foreigner) who is unaware of its differences .

this is their way of showing love for us.;)

There are no news coming from Afghanistan or Iraq or Ghaza.. do you imply all is well there? Quite wise if you think so!

Precisely, All it needs is one small spark and behold masses of people will be out on the streets of Srinagar once again!

No they don't. Not at all. But a halt for six months is definitely appreciated.

Also, please try to understand that Kashmir has been with India for 63 years, yet the bloodshed started only 21 years back. So there was a different trigger for the violence which was NOT the Indian presence in Kashmir.

A little introspection by all sides would be extremely beneficial in stopping the violence altogether.

India had made too many mistakes in the region from what I can see. The heavy military presence had alienated Kashmiris, and now resentment grows. This sort of Isolatation just reinforces them to view themselves as Kashmiris, rather than Indian-Kashmiris. What India must do is compromise with the people. The first step would be to move army personel from the cities and towns to borders and outposts. Also the number of troops in that region is just ridiculous. As an average person living in this envirmonment, it would definitley put me on edge. Everyone loves their armed forces, but not all soldiers are innocent, and especially in such large numbers doing nothing constructive. Boredom leads to trouble with locals.

I suspect that they use it as a derogatory term for us (secretly). You see it's quite clever because we can't protest about it since Bharat means India. This allows them to continue to use it.

As always, it's not the use of the word which irks me, it's the malice intended behind it.

The heavy military presence had alienated Kashmiris, and now resentment grows. This sort of Isolatation just reinforces them to view themselves as Kashmiris, rather than Indian-Kashmiris. What India must do is compromise with the people. The first step would be to move army personel from the cities and towns to borders and outposts. Also the number of troops in that region is just ridiculous. As an average person living in this envirmonment, it would definitley put me on edge. Everyone loves their armed forces, but not all soldiers are innocent, and especially in such large numbers doing nothing constructive. Boredom leads to trouble with locals.

I agree that the heavy military presence causes alienation amongst the local populace. I also agree that the forces should be withdrawn from civilian settlements.

Having said that, Kashmiris do realize what has caused the presence of troops in civilian areas in the first place. The numbers obviously increase at the time of conflict and were at their highest during the Kargil war. They should be aware that anti-social activities by the misguided/brainwashed few disrupt their normal course of life, forcing the armed forces to step in.

Residents of Jammu and Kashmir should be given a chance to live a normal life by a combination of withdrawal of armed forces, repeal of AFSPA and scrapping article 370.

Residents of Jammu and Kashmir should be given a chance to live a normal life by a combination of withdrawal of armed forces, repeal of AFSPA and scrapping article 370.

i suspect if u live in india or know anything abt. kashmir. withdrawing of forces will bring back era of 90's when there was peak of te****sm.
& withdrawing of AFSPA will men tying hands of forces.

i suspect if u live in india or know anything abt. kashmir. withdrawing of forces will bring back era of 90's when there was peak of te****sm.

1. I live in Delhi.

2. I meant withdrawal from residential areas to army outposts/border/LOC.

3. AFSPA has given undue power to the armed forces which has never really been used properly. Indian armed forces should be answerable to the civilian establishment and should not have extra-judicial powers.

4. Peak of cross border terrorism in the '90s was due to the failure to stop these terrorists at the border itself. Even though that might not be 100% possible, but permanent army presence in civilian areas is also not desirable.

5. Article 370 has meant that no one from rest of India has been able to fully engage with Kashmiris. We can't buy land/settle in the state, which has led to a lack of people to people intermingling IMO. Article 370 should go too.

I knew someone was bound to say this. Keep the army on the border outposts, because at this point your creating home-grown 'terrorists" or separatists. As a pakistani and muslim, I want the kashmiris to decide their own future. However if you say they are Indians, then make them feel like Indians through integration rather than at gun point..

1. I live in Delhi.

2. I meant withdrawal from residential areas to army outposts/border/LOC.

3. AFSPA has given undue power to the armed forces which has never really been used properly. Indian armed forces should be answerable to the civilian establishment and should not have extra-judicial powers.

4. Peak of cross border terrorism in the '90s was due to the failure to stop these terrorists at the border itself. Even though that might not be 100% possible, but permanent army presence in civilian areas is also not desirable.

5. Article 370 has meant that no one from rest of India has been able to fully engage with Kashmiris. We can't buy land/settle in the state, which has led to a lack of people to people intermingling IMO. Article 370 should go too.

army is not stationed in residential areas, it is CRPF. AFSPA is important, bcoz without AFSPA forces have to get warrant from magristrate even if they want to search a home which is suspected.
abolishing article 370 will create mayhem in kashmir, the leaders there will term it as conpiracy of india to hindunize kashmir.

army is not stationed in residential areas, it is CRPF.

I never said Army. I said Armed forces. There's a difference.

AFSPA is important, bcoz without AFSPA forces have to get warrant from magristrate even if they want to search a home which is suspected.

As far as I know, insurgency is on the low now. Why do the armed forces need to search residences w/o warrent?

abolishing article 370 will create mayhem in kashmir, the leaders there will term it as conpiracy of india to hindunize kashmir.

Oh come on, you think Indian govt. is that naive? There'll be a wave of media frenzy and nationalist celebrations to drown out the few local leaders. I trust that our govt. can handle THAT much. It's the international scrutiny which is holding India back. Otherwise this would've been done long ago.

After going through the eternal debates one thing catches my eye.

For whatever motives (desperate or ulterior or whatever):

- Most Indians are happy if Kashmir is peacefull.

- Most Pakistanis are delighted when Kashmir burns and people die in violence.

Something to ponder upon...

Thats the language they know, even by culture ???

army is not stationed in residential areas, it is CRPF. AFSPA is important, bcoz without AFSPA forces have to get warrant from magristrate even if they want to search a home which is suspected.

i hate that $hit article 370 any time...if its not there i may buy some flats or lands there for my future...

Normalcy has returned to Kashmir that's great but the Government should use this quiet period for furthering peace, Government should keep on taking steps to win over the people, neutralize separatists and address alienation of the people

Back
Top Bottom