What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Really hate to say this but this was another case of a Controlled flight into terrain due to spatial disorientation,may he rest in peace.Just shows how deadly this condition is and can happen to anyone no matter how senior the rank.

Hi,

It would be worth it to have " The Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System ".

R.I.P. Brave son of soil.

20729240_1365663650207592_509625442140642746_n.jpg

Hi,

It would be worth it to have " The Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System ".

You can't just put that system into an old aircraft which is on the verge of being phased out while you don't have the same system in the newer aircraft,its sad to see a precious life lost but at the same time we need to keep in mind that there was nothing wrong with the aircraft.The F.7PG that crashed in Peshawar during broad daylight during last year's high mark exercise crashed due to a mix of poor visibility and disorientation.

You can't just put that system into an old aircraft which is on the verge of being phased out while you don't have the same system in the newer aircraft,its sad to see a precious life lost but at the same time we need to keep in mind that there was nothing wrong with the aircraft.The F.7PG that crashed in Peshawar during broad daylight during last year's high mark exercise crashed due to a mix of poor visibility and disorientation.

Hi,

You cannot replace a wing commander--he is worth more alive.

PAF F-7P fighter jet crashes, Pilot WC Shahzad martyred
Chengdu-F-7-1.jpeg

Does PAF ground it's aircraft, F7Ps after a crash or routine training continues normal.

If u are talking about Flt Lt Umer,the a/c was all good so yeah it was pilot error..pity we lost that guy he was best of the best.I was lucky to have a friend like him.

Yes it was,the a/c hit the ground with high speed and pilot's body was torn to pieces that's why i took time to find him...RIP.

I think pakistan should reduce flying these old machines and train pilots on newer j17s , F16s, and some PGs(because sooner they will be replaced as per sources). These old aircrafts can be made battle ready but not flown much. Is this possible ?

It was in fact CFIT and that's why his body wasnt found,people tend to blame these jets for being old but problem is at times perfectly fit aircraft crash due to one reason or the other.

Let us wait for the crash investigation conclusions.

Meanwhile, please realize that you should take into account the number of flight hours and type of sorties made before a qualification on the safety of any type can be made.

Normally, when a technical failure is suspected or found, the fleet will be temporarily grounded to inspect and - if necessary - repair them. Or ammend operational / safety procedures.

The decision on grounding or withdrawing a type altogether, would be done after an assesment of the over-all safety records, cost-per-flight hour, maintenance effort needed to keep the fleet airworthy, availiabilty of spare parts, availability of alternative assets.

And although the JF-17 is on the horizon to maybe take on the role of lead-in fighter training after a while, there will still be the other role of type conversion for the F-7PG fleet, maintaining flight hours for F-7 instructors and CCS operations.

So even the F-7P will still be here for (at least?) another five years and the F-7PG for around a decade I think.

CA, AAIB and DoT are responsible for standard, transparent & hard-hitting air disaster inquiries. SI and BoI are generally lacking transparency requirements. Transparency and external audit are mandatory for all professional organisations incld. PAF preventing critical incidents, incompetence, neglect or professional dishonesty. While PAF is now aspiring for the skies, they should adopt AAIB/DoT standards requirements, otherwise it can demoralize workforce.

R.I.P. Brave son of soil.

View attachment 417549

Back
Top Bottom