What's new

Novator K-100 (AWACS killer)

Nice Imagination! Btw you know anything about the FT-2000? The Chinese AWACS killer in which Pakistan was interested (As stated by many internet NEWS papers as early as 2008).

Doubt that it will work at such long ranges considering the powerful jamming suite of AWACS.Just imagine the power of that aesa radar on awac..should be able to disable the missile however if some jet manage to sneak near the awac and fire 4-5 R-77 at close distance or archer then they might have a chance.;

NOVATOR K-100 is high tech missile capable of destroying any AWACS fitted with any radar. Of minimum it will give fierce job to douge it or to jam it. Its anti jammers are quite advanced and can compete with AESA

Thanks! Those HQ-9s look real sweet! I really wish PAF would induct these beauties!

I have a question, Dont u ppl think that BVR threat is 'over rated'???
I remember seeing Dog Fights of History Channel it showed two(or three cant exactly remember) AIM-120s to shoot down a serbian MiG-29
then some times these million dollar missiles can prove to be a dud, recent reports about IAF inventory R-77s is a proof
moreover no pilot will ever fire a missile of million dollars without satisfying himself i mean until & unless pilot gets within good distance of enemy A/Cs e.g. if a BVRAAM has max range of say 90km so dont u think that pilot will like to fire when when enemy is at like 70km to ensure that maximum damage is done(this point might seem stupid though, its just a thought)
BVRAAMs will no doubt will be a factor in deciding air engagements but i still think that it will depend more on Dogfights....

The IAF operates mostly Russian equipment and goes by their rulebook.
The Russian air-combat philosophy has been starkingly different from the American one.As always the Russians believe in numerical superiority...they apply this concept in their war planes too...the flankers have more missile pods than most western planes...the flankers carry more BVRAAMs than the western planes...the kill probability of missiles increases exponentially with the number of missiles fired...so while engaging a plane...a flaker would fire a salve of 2-3 missiles to get a kill probability of above 95%...and that is deadly.
there was a survey done by the Aussies where they compared the JSF with the flanker...now a JSF would fair very well against a flanker if they both followe identical moves...i.e firing the same salvo and stuff..as the JSF as everybody knows is a VLO a/c...but against a flanker firing a salvo 0f 2-3 BVR missiles...it's chances dimmed.

So BVR is not over-rated...but I certainly hope it is for the sake of our flankers at least...they have a huge RCS...and are masters at dog-fighting....thrust-vectoring finds it's maximum usage in dog-fighting.
But the russkie mentality is...get killed but kill the other ba$tard...hence the extra BVR missile pylons.

The IAF operates mostly Russian equipment and goes by their rulebook.
The Russian air-combat philosophy has been starkingly different from the American one.As always the Russians believe in numerical superiority...they apply this concept in their war planes too...the flankers have more missile pods than most western planes...the flankers carry more BVRAAMs than the western planes...the kill probability of missiles increases exponentially with the number of missiles fired...so while engaging a plane...a flaker would fire a salve of 2-3 missiles to get a kill probability of above 95%...and that is deadly.
there was a survey done by the Aussies where they compared the JSF with the flanker...now a JSF would fair very well against a flanker if they both followe identical moves...i.e firing the same salvo and stuff..as the JSF as everybody knows is a VLO a/c...but against a flanker firing a salvo 0f 2-3 BVR missiles...it's chances dimmed.
How? If the F-35's very low observability work as intended, then how can firing several missiles at the same time be any better when target location is unknown?

How? If the F-35's very low observability work as intended, then how can firing several missiles at the same time be any better when target location is unknown?

IRST :azn:
more over once PAKFA comes or they integrate Plasma clouding on MiG-35 then???
JSF can carry 4 AMRAMMs right & here the "numerical superiority" thing can work pretty well plus more hard points on flankers n MiG & if JSF came down to WVR the F35 cant turn, cant climb and cant run
u know it cant I think if a su-35bm faces the f35 that would be a different story especially in Bvr. The irbis-e radar can track stealthy targets (rcs 0.01m^2 at 90km) so the flanker could see the F35 before the f35 could see it. (iam guessing) The F35 is stealthy but not as much as the f22, its about as stealthy. I dont know the RCS of the f35 btw :D

Gambit...being VLO is not being invisible...a lower RCS would mean that your detectable range gets shortened significantly...
the RCS is but one factor in the radar range equation which you might be knowing by heart...
the other very important factor is a strong forward gain(true with the Bars)...

Gambit...being VLO is not being invisible...a lower RCS would mean that your detectable range gets shortened significantly...
the RCS is but one factor in the radar range equation which you might be knowing by heart...
the other very important factor is a strong forward gain(true with the Bars)...
Short enough to be dead before you can do anything. That is the advantage of being VLO. And we never claimed to be invisible...Yet.

Infra-red? Target IR does not provide range estimation.

more over once PAKFA comes or they integrate Plasma clouding on MiG-35 then???
Plasma 'stealth'? Debunked a long time ago.

JSF can carry 4 AMRAMMs right & here the "numerical superiority" thing can work pretty well plus more hard points on flankers n MiG & if JSF came down to WVR the F35 cant turn, cant climb and cant run
u know it cant I think if a su-35bm faces the f35 that would be a different story especially in Bvr. The irbis-e radar can track stealthy targets (rcs 0.01m^2 at 90km) so the flanker could see the F35 before the f35 could see it. (iam guessing) The F35 is stealthy but not as much as the f22, its about as stealthy. I dont know the RCS of the f35 btw :D
How can anyone make such a claim unless he has a functional 'stealth' aircraft to test against? Further...The Irbis is Passive AESA and is nowhere as capable of detecting US 'stealth' aircrafts as the Russians claimed. PESA is old news.

Short enough to be dead before you can do anything. That is the advantage of being VLO. And we never claimed to be invisible...Yet.

you surely don't know of the Bars-m...
"The BARS uses transmit/receive modules, which in
the receive path use individual per element (slot)
low noise GaAs uses receiver chips, providing them
with the sidelobe and sensitivity advantages of the
AESA, enhancing its range and jam resistance.
In the transmit path, the BARS uses a ‘classical’
passive array design, driven by a waveguide and
Travelling Wave Tube transmitter. This was a
typical Russian approach, as the US, Israelis and
EU would not provide access to the GaAs power
transistor technology needed to build a genuine
AESA. The principal benefits of an AESA over a
hybrid ESA are only in reliability and lower transmit
sidelobe performance, less than critical for a nonstealthy
fighter design."
the Bars is a very capable radar...the difference with the JSF's AESA are that the AESA would have a high ping frequency and thus a better resolution...

Hez trying to tell us that 'friendly kills' made by MKIs during Red Flag are no longer a problem for IAF :D isnt it Beckham??

May be MiG-21 Bisons can come fire on PAF jets in Pak air space & run away to do damage before real game starts (just a thought, bit stupid as well) :D
& if bisons succeeded in doing even a little damage it will be worth the price of R-77 :lol:

well miss do let us know why MKI's made friendly 'kills' lol. What were they using? What was allowed to use? MKI's took part in red flag was just flying empty box lol even though it made kill once they knew they its friendly kills. Once they saw the target than they started droping enemy jet fighters down. Dont go much on the video u seen in which a 'fatty' american saying 'mki's' the FAT lol. We all laughed looking at him and than looking at MKI. it felt who he calling fat to? Lol. Do look latest news on red flag that gave every details how americans impressed by india's young pilots who made kills 'WITHOUT USING MUCH INSIDE MKI'. Lol. They said they just wonder what if 'MKI's were using everything (instead of flying empty box). Imagine that lol. They told that indian pilots always amazed them since 2004. That video in which that fatty american making fun of MKI's size was taking revenge of 'COPE INDIA'. he said mig21 bison impressed him. Do you know Sukhoi-30MKI closes its eyes and drop dead mig21 bisons within a min? That shows what the sick american was thinking. He called sukhoi-30MKI a fat while also compared it with F-22 and made fun (yet not piched F-22 against MKI). F-18 drop dead F-22. While can they pich F-18 against MKI? Lol thats suicidable for F-18. Cheers.

F-16 is 1m^2 so MKI will detect it at around 90 Kms?
What about F-16 targeting the MKI? with a big a** RCS of 10m^2?

Back
Top Bottom